The Crash( 17.5.2006) and FII activities since then

Status
Not open for further replies.
pkjha30 said:
Well ,I thought I would rely on nse

Pankaj:)
Pankaj,
I meant a free site which has charts showing volumes as well. Yahoo finance shows no volumes, ICICI Dir doesnt show indices I think , and anyway their charts are as elusive as the Loch Ness Monster

AGILENT

pkjha30

Hi

Agilent, I will search for the site and let you know. One thing I learnt though is that market does not always behave according to theory.Theory has to bend to the market.

Here's FII figure from NSE

FII trading activity on NSE and BSE in the Capital Market segment(In Rs. Crores)
Date--- Buy Value--- Sell Value--- Net Value
6-Jul-2006--- 996.51--- 1089.77---( -93.26)

And SEBI figure

Reporting Date ---Gross Purchases(Rs Crores)--- Gross Sales(Rs Crores)---- Net Investment (Rs Crores) ---Net Investment US($) million at month exchange rate
06-JUL-2006---- 2117.10---- 1561.20--- 556.00----- 122.40

And MFs

FII derivatives figures
-----BUY -----SELL------OPEN INTEREST AT THE END OF THE DAY

INDEX FUTURES---723.54-----950.79 -----7661.54

INDEX OPTIONS----3.62----24.81---1698.40

STOCK FUTURES----350.17----118.57----7391.65

STOCK OPTIONS----1.58 ---0.00----43.13

And MFs
---------------Buy ------- sell-------net.
July 2006 (upto 5th)----528.47 ----762.58 -----(-234.11)

On Global front Dow and Nasdaq jumped and the Saviour was tobacco ruling.
North Korea gave a jolt to the world market. These are the events that have impact on the market. Oil prices crossed above $ 75 so sentiments would be bearish.Fed rate concern would not so easily go away.BOJ would be keenly watched.

Corporate earning would be key to sustain the investor confidence in respective stocks. FII would provide key signal for any abrupt dampening of sentiments.

pkjha30

Agilent said:
Pankaj,
I meant a free site which has charts showing volumes as well. Yahoo finance shows no volumes, ICICI Dir doesnt show indices I think , and anyway their charts are as elusive as the Loch Ness Monster

AGILENT
Hi Agilent

Did a little yahoo and found that they do provide technical charts.
Below the link to Basic Charts we have a link for technical Analysis which gives all sorts of indicators with volume as well. Pretty good.I would say.

Link is given below
http://in.finance.yahoo.com/q/ta?s=^BSESN&t=5y&l=on&z=m&q=l&p=v&a=&c=
One more question. How do you explain spikes in volume on certain days?

pkjha30 said:
Hi Ahmed

As per consensus, start of the present bull run is counted from May 2003 when nifty was at 924 or so and at the so called peak of bull run it was at 3700 or so representing about 400% rise from the hase of bull market. If a retracement has to take place , not as a correction but as a bear market then I feel it should retrace 33%-66%-133% respectively. 33% represents about 916 point correction of the rise. i.e.2700. 66% correction represents about 1832 . That means after 66% retracement Nifty should be at 1900 in a confirmed bear market. At 133% correction it should be well forget it . their theory will break down by that time and they will all be in Agra while admiring Tajmahal.

It had about 33% correction(actually little more than that). But then it has rallied from the low. Even in bear market such shortterm rallies lasting few days to one or two months is not uncommon. So the jump could be a false trend unless confirmed by breaking the peak of the bull market.Remember Higher pivot lows . It will be making that only and all will rush to sell. It it crosses that peak then it is a fresh uptrend in bull market as it would form Higher pivot high.

The Bull trend will not be negated unless it takes out something 2632 conclusively on increasing volume.Below that we will be in doghouse.

Well that is what I understood from all the discussion. May be my understanding is wobbly or downright wrong.

My belief is that we have seen the bottom and are not to see it again in near future. The market is entering a volatile period and then a consolidation period with less volatality with lower volume on downside and higher volume on upside before we take the peak. If it is just opposite then you know what Baron would say. Milestone 14 on jdm's chart in the fishes and loaves of Saint.:D

During Bear period strong hands accumulate the stocks and weak hands exit. This reduces supply while prices go down. At some point frustated market participants are going to say I can not live without you and jump straight away and prices will see a jump. This happens after the bottom forming is complete. The stock is ripe for jump. Thats the start of fresh bull market.

Well we will witness all these things through the able hands in this forum but after another10 years.Meanwhile we shall see cycles of ups and downs.

Hi dada,
thanks for the mail. I wanted to know when there is BOJ meeting? and what are the factor that affect indian market because of BOJ meeting? why people are not talking much about BOJ comparative to FED? i think BOJ is more important then FED?

thanks
Ahmed

C

Czar

Dada FII sold 730 cr in nifty future - red alert

hmm...no one could even smell it & market fell a tiny 150 points, sab mile hua hai...

Last edited by a moderator:

pkjha30

Hi

Here's FII figure from NSE

FII trading activity on NSE and BSE in the Capital Market segment(In Rs. Crores)
Date--- Buy Value--- Sell Value--- Net Value
7-Jul-2006--- 934.25--- 1272.01----( -337.76)

And from Sebi

Reporting Date --- Gross Purchases(Rs Crores)---- Gross Sales(Rs Crores)---- Net Investment (Rs Crores)---- Net Investment US($) million at month exchange rate
07-JUL-2006---1133.40 ----1124.30--- 9.10--- 2.00

And Derivatives of FII

----------BUY-----------SELL------------OPEN INTEREST AT THE END OF THE DAY

INDEX FUTURES---453.79----1249.30-----7636.78

INDEX OPTIONS----145.19-----57.51 -----1805.37

STOCK FUTURES-----112.09----188.02-----7465.07

STOCK OPTIONS-----1.65-------1.18------45.45

Ad our MF friends

Date----------Buy--------Sell-----------Net
July 2006 (upto 6th)-----749.94----1197.43-----(-447.49)

So Czar you are right. Today FII's brought 453crs and sold 1249 crs in Index futures.A cool 800crs net sell off. Our MFs were not far behind in CM
and sold 447crs. FIIs were -337 crs. net sell in CM

No wonder stock market moved this Much with potential to move more as the implication of such sell off sink in the market.

Dow and Nasdaq are currently trading in red.

Caution.

pkjha30

Hi Amit

Its quite informative. Infact Similar article appeared in reuters which I gave in my previous posts.

Hi Ahmed
BOJ is meeting on 14th July. Remember Japan is the plcae where Sun rises first. So we will know the situation beforeclosing of Market, hopefully. Nikkei should be reacting to it. and we will be reacting to both.

It will have implication on world liquidity and less availability of cheap money for speculative investment. So there will be less froth in the market and stocks should be available at attractive prices and valuation.

This simply means that to have patience and guts to invest in highly negative environment.

The trick is to identify when bottom forming is taking place. one way to check is to scan through fundamental indicators and sectors and price volume history. value investing or opportunity investing is almost always in negative ti neutral environment. Trend investing is in the confirmed uptrend and sentiments are positive.

C

Czar

yes dada, the 800cr fii & 400cr mf figures were out on cnbc & funny thing they just flashed it once with no mentioning in any anayst talk or udayan etc. 1200 cr sold by fii & mf & the market just fell 150 pts y'day so same pattern like they sold in april & the market was achieving new high, see how the ops deceive the market while their mates & offshore a/c sell, art of deception sire...

now the question is was todays drama known y'day to them & was well planned, damn I am sick of seeing this heavy manipulation & noone to even question it, justice my lord...where is it ???

pkjha30

Czar said:
yes dada, the 800cr fii & 400cr mf figures were out on cnbc & funny thing they just flashed it once with no mentioning in any anayst talk or udayan etc. 1200 cr sold by fii & mf & the market just fell 150 pts y'day so same pattern like they sold in april & the market was achieving new high, see how the ops deceive the market while their mates & offshore a/c sell, art of deception sire...

now the question is was todays drama known y'day to them & was well planned, damn I am sick of seeing this heavy manipulation & noone to even question it, justice my lord...where is it ???
Hi czar

looks like they are hedging their net buy in july(1100 crs till date as per sebi) by selling index futures by 800 crs.They were net buyer in index options by 88 crs but net seller in stock futures by 76 crs.(all figures nearest approximates) They might also be getting out of weak counters and buying inro strong counters.

If market has to tank their sell off should happen at least one day before the current peak.Let us wait and see the pattern for confirmation then we will have some new indicators for fine tuning .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Equities 21