The Crash( 17.5.2006) and FII activities since then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Czar said:
dada, b.standard says m.funds were sellers on 20th for 2,243 cr. ??
Czar .
Net till 20th June , is -2240Cr. On 20th June , MF net is - 61.96.
Check out here
http://markets.moneycontrol.com/india/stockmarket/foreigninstitutionalinvestors/08/50/activity/MF

pkjha30

Czar said:
dada, b.standard says m.funds were sellers on 20th for 2,243 cr. ??
This is the NSE figures for category wise turnover from NSE

Category-wise turnover for JUNE 20, 2006
Rs. In Crores
Trade Date-- Category-- Buy Value in Rs.-- Sell Value in Rs.
20-Jun-06-- BNK-- 17.37 ---17.87
20-Jun-06-- DFI --0.14--- 0.07
20-Jun-06--- PRO-TRADES--- 1809.18--- 1878.96
20-Jun-06 ---OTHERS--- 3785.28--- 3623.20

Note : 1) The data is settlement wise inclusive of securities in In-Delivery and exclusive of securities in No-Delivery
2) OTHERS includes client trades other than Banks, FII's, DFI's , MF's and Insurance Cos

This PRO trades is what. However I did not see net trade for any category as per report of b. standard. Hmmmm... Disinformation. Not unlikely.
Pankaj:)

C

Czar

MFs net sellers of Rs 2,243cr on Tuesday
Our Web Bureau / Mumbai June 21, 2006
Foreign institutional investors (FIIs) were net sellers of Rs 199.60 crore on Tuesday June 20, according to data released by Sebi today.

While FIIs made gross purchases of Rs 1281.60 crore, gross sales totalled Rs 1481.20 crore.

Mutual funds (MFs) were net sellers of Rs 2,242.65 crore on Tuesday. MFs made purchases of Rs 4,556.44 crore and sales of Rs 6,799.09 crore.

http://www.business-standard.com/common/storypage_c.php?leftnm=11&bKeyFlag=IN&autono=2157

remeber people this is a relief rally & do not think more to it, guys stuck please exit your longs on every rise... you may re-enter why safety levels approach... its better to miss a little rally than to remain & suffer further downside, give hope a break...

if we successfully cross 10.2K then further scope for 10.4K but caution at 10.2 K, though it seems it will be taken out with a gap... to hold or not to hold is the question...

pkjha30

Hi czar

I did check that report from B.Standard. I could not authenticate form SEBI or BSE or NSE figures. So I reported. Do check with SEBI.

jdm

hi pankaj,
since the crash was not limited to India but a global phenominon its definately will be a learning experience to know how's the FII activities in other emerging markets like brazil, taiwan, s. korea, and the south asian countries.

since you are tracking the FII activities so minutely could you through some light on this issue.

cheers,
jdm.

C

Czar

I have a rough idea that the taiwan market is being sucked out more than 2bn... every 2nd day they are selling...

The gap may be covered be carefull

pkjha30

pkjha30 said:
Hi czar

I did check that report from B.Standard. I could not authenticate form SEBI or BSE or NSE figures. So I reported. Do check with SEBI.
Date----buy----sell---net buy/sell

20.06.06---220.11---282.07---(-61.96)
Total for June---4556.44---6799.09---(-2242.65)

For 20 th june it is -61.96 crs. For the month of June it is -2242.65 crs. So b.Standard was reporting net buy/sell for the month of June 2006 while misrepresenting by default( as no date was mentioned so it was taken to mean as 20th june data).Not so clean reporting by b.standard.

Hope this clears the doubt. czar

pkjha30

jdm said:
hi pankaj,
since the crash was not limited to India but a global phenominon its definately will be a learning experience to know how's the FII activities in other emerging markets like brazil, taiwan, s. korea, and the south asian countries.

since you are tracking the FII activities so minutely could you through some light on this issue.

cheers,
jdm.
Will come back to you with details . just checking.

C

Czar

ok I guess they are a confused bunch & have reported entire month as a single day transaction, pretty dangerous misleading..

pkjha30

Hi Traderji

Three posts are not appearing either on page 36 or on page 37. Last post on page 36 is 357 and starting post on page 37 is 361. :confused: Where other posts have gone though they may be insignificant?

I think this is a configurtation problem. Munchi was also puzzeled earlier and on other occasion I thought my post was deleted. But obviously it is a configuration problem. Do look into it as we don't know where and what we may be missing.
http://www.traderji.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=48400

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Equities 21