Technical Charts by Economic Times [Advanced, Real-time, Free]

PUCHU_2500

Hello Prashant Bafna,

I came across this thread today and am amazed with the progress you have made, since the last time I used your website about 2-3 months ago.

Congratulations, and thank you for taking efforts to improve the user experience.

As you may be aware, many people (including me) depend on Google finance charts as a reliable and efficient free source of real time market data with charting capability. You will be a direct competition to Google finance charts, if you continue to improve.

Further Google finance is also used by many to import almost real time data into charting software like Amibroker and the improted data is consistent (meaning it does not change after market close or after back fill).

This makes Google finance charts and it's data very reliable (and it's almost real time).

Please go through Google finance charts, it will give you a picture of what consumers are looking for.

Thanks again and looking ahead for more improvements.

Enjoy,
CArnot
google finance does not provide volume and futures data. so, I request mr. bafna not to develop any charts with google data because there are so many utilities which provides free charting facilities with google rt data......

ananths

@ananths , @classifiedindian: Thanks, wrt your points:

[1] Mobile App : We've already done that :)

Check out the ET Markets App:

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.et.market&referrer=utm_source=pb

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/in/app/the-economic-times/id474766725?mt=8

[2] Index Futures: In Development (will be available soon)
Hi Prashant

Mobile app shows charts but if you zoom in and out it gets messed up.
May be it's issue with my Android 4.2...im not sure.

If you want see the issue I can post a pic later..

@PUCHU_2500 : Don't worry, we are not using Google Finance data.

@ananths : might be an issue with the specific android, please do share the device details & a screenshot. You can send them to me privately as well email: prashant.bafna [at] timesinternet.in

columbus

Hello ET, a "Refresh" option may be needed for intraday.
@timepass,

You can use some ADD-ONs like AUTO-REFRESHER for the time being. (just GOOGLE it)

Last edited:

columbus

@Prashant,

For intraday trader medium time frames (3min-5min) and Scalpers lower
time frames are required.(1min-2min).I read somewhere in this thread that you going to do it
soon.

columbus

@columbus: Yes, these are in development and will be available soon. 5 Min is already there though for all BSE stocks and indices.
@Prashant,

.....but your chart in TECHNICALS shows only 3 time frames (intraday).........

ananths

@PUCHU_2500 : Don't worry, we are not using Google Finance data.

@ananths : might be an issue with the specific android, please do share the device details & a screenshot. You can send them to me privately as well email: prashant.bafna [at] timesinternet.in
Sent you an email with screen shots. Please check