Stocks for the long and short term portfolio

praveen taneja

Thnx bro for quick reply can you suggest few good stocks in your view which are better then others in term of appreciation

jamit_05

Thnx bro for quick reply can you suggest few good stocks in your view which are better then others in term of appreciation
I will suggest a good way to start off on this path.

Since, you don't already have a portfolio, you must not start with SIP. First, make bulk purchase when nifty sharply corrects. Then you may start making SIP in those stocks. Trying to do it the other way around has proven catastrophic for many an investor.

jamit_05

Value Investing, In times of euphoria.

Everybody is talking about Nifty making fresh new highs which it will sustain due a more capable government. There is a certain amount of expectation in the air.

Should a Value Investor convert his cash into Equity out of the fear that he may never see these rates again?

jamit_05

Retrospective conclusions do no good. There is huge amount of money that needs proper guidance and good decision making. Objective is very clear, will make bulk purchase in good stocks when Nifty touches 52W lows and Nifty's PE is below 15.

People in general are bullish and want to ride the Modi wave. Not only in stocks, in property, precious metals and in businesses as well. People are holding their breathes too early, lest they should get breathless before Modi is able to deliver change.

Make a poll and you will see that a strong majority see Nifty touching 8000 plus before touching 5100. In fact, I am sure most have not even considered 5100 as a bleak possibility. This is borderline euphoria, which will cross its threshold post election results.

Last edited:

jamit_05

prabhoo

you missed 4500 in december 2011 and 5200 in august 2013.............fine you were not fundamentalist at that point in time like you are now ,................but markets is not at fault here .

infact you were here in august 2013 , wonder why you missed your 52 week low was here??
Nothing is ever missed... The markets are a perennial source of creating wealth. The discussion here is about strategy. And as you will agree that every well thought-out strategy may sacrifice performance for sake of simplicity.

It is all about Strategy. How best one can protect his interest, and not let market make you run about.

jamit_05

@toocool.

I would like to know about your objective in entering into these stocks. I mean, say you finalize these stocks and deploy cash, what would be your gameplan?