Stocks for the long and short term portfolio

jamit_05

Ok,Did your prefer any penny stocks...became a multibagger...for a long term..

I like to accumulate Orient Green Power,SpiceJet,Unitech & Suven Life...what your suggestion..
I prefer to be on the conservative side and have a strong element of predictability in my portfolio. Therefore, I would rely sparing on Small and mid caps. my choice of companies would be large caps that have corrected.

I do not have a history of investment. But, this won't be the case a few years from now. By that time I plan to have formed a proud portfolio of semi-growth stocks with strong sales line and promoter base.

Regards

I prefer to be on the conservative side and have a strong element of predictability in my portfolio. Therefore, I would rely sparing on Small and mid caps. my choice of companies would be large caps that have corrected.

I do not have a history of investment. But, this won't be the case a few years from now. By that time I plan to have formed a proud portfolio of semi-growth stocks with strong sales line and promoter base.

Regards
Can you evaluate portfolio....or How to evaluate portfolio...any useful websites...or software...

jamit_05

I came across an interesting Theory from a stock market veteran. If you believe that experience counts, then read on.

It is believed that the Markets have a tendency to go up for 5 years at a stretch. After which, Down Moves become more powerful and likely. It has something to do with Debt Cycles, which too is a very interesting topic.

Last Up TREND in Nifty started in 2009, post Lehman debacle. 2013 will mark the end of this Five year cycle and it will coincide with General Election. In this Up Trend Nifty has touched reached a high of 6330 from low of 2250. This has been a solid run. Now, its time to see the dark side.

The one before that Started in mid of 2003 and lasted till end of 2007, around 4.5 years. Followed, by one year of sharp recovery caused by Lehman crisis.

I have always been a strong proponent of buying only at steep corrections like the one we saw in 2008. In fact, I have mentioned on this thread, time and again, that I won't be too keen a buyer till Nifty touches 2011 Low of 4500. I am 100% sure that Nifty will touch this figure, it is only a matter of time.

I came across an interesting Theory from a stock market veteran. If you believe that experience counts, then read on.

It is believed that the Markets have a tendency to go up for 5 years at a stretch. After which, Down Moves become more powerful and likely. It has something to do with Debt Cycles, which too is a very interesting topic.

Last Up TREND in Nifty started in 2009, post Lehman debacle. 2013 will mark the end of this Five year cycle and it will coincide with General Election. In this Up Trend Nifty has touched reached a high of 6330 from low of 2250. This has been a solid run. Now, its time to see the dark side.

The one before that Started in mid of 2003 and lasted till end of 2007, around 4.5 years. Followed, by one year of sharp recovery caused by Lehman crisis.

I have always been a strong proponent of buying only at steep corrections like the one we saw in 2008. In fact, I have mentioned on this thread, time and again, that I won't be too keen a buyer till Nifty touches 2011 Low of 4500. I am 100% sure that Nifty will touch this figure, it is only a matter of time.
How to determine, when will steep corrections happen....?

jamit_05

How to determine, when will steep corrections happen....?
For me it is not a game of prediction, but of preparation.

I have done sufficient work and preparation in all these months. So that when my scrips correct, preferably sharply, I will be able to identify when price goes well below "value" hence giving safety and then growth.

Last edited:
For me it is not a game of prediction, but of preparation.

I have done sufficient work and preparation in all these months. So that when my scrips correct, preferably sharply, I will be able to identify when price goes well below "value" hence giving safety and then growth.
I am holding 28 scripts, thats why i am asking...how to check my portfolio...already told,I am buying on dip only......if go steep corrections...I'll stop buying.....at the end of steep correction....I'll double on buy....

jamit_05

I am holding 28 scripts, thats why i am asking...how to check my portfolio...already told,I am buying on dip only......if go steep corrections...I'll stop buying.....at the end of steep correction....I'll double on buy....
In my opinion, when the market was dangling near 6400 couple of weeks ago it was a good time to take profit on most scrips and entirely get out of the weak horses.

I suppose, you may get a chance again.