Stocks for the long and short term portfolio

Another phenomenal company as come to sight:

Engineer India​

It has always been nice for over a decade now but now it is desirable because the price is approaching 2008 LOW !!

Its valuations as per earnings is around 200. Have not looked at assets since it is a consulting company.

What makes the stock super nice is its CMP 150 !!

It has gathered serious bearish momentum, so waiting for sub 100 levels is justified.
Ok, what level to start to accumulate...? and how to long hold.....?

poortrader

Is there any website where we can build a portfolio and set trigger email alerts based on certain prices where I want to buy a particular scrip. I think moneycontrol earlier used to provide the same but now charging for it.

Thanx in advance

Is there any website where we can build a portfolio and set trigger email alerts based on certain prices where I want to buy a particular scrip. I think moneycontrol earlier used to provide the same but now charging for it.

Thanx in advance
no, still i am using portfolio and set trigger email alerts in ....moneycontrol...

jamit_05

Ok, what level to start to accumulate...? and how to long hold.....?
EiL is into building industries from scratch. This Sector is having a really tough time. The EPS is shrinking. This is evident by that fact that when Nifty rises these stocks rise lesser and when nifty falls they fall full-on.

I have set an aggressive and a life-time purchase price for a few engineering stocks. Following is the list of stocks and their prices:

BHEL 100, 67, 40
EiL 120, 82, 60
Cummins 323 (and lower)
Greaves Cotton -None-

I am unsure about GC as I believe that it being a Small Cap company it has the capacity to make very serious price correction.

There are some other good companies in this sector, namely ABB, Siemens, LT, Neyvile. But, they are not cheap. They are fairly priced. So nothing interesting really.

EiL is into building industries from scratch. This Sector is having a really tough time. The EPS is shrinking. This is evident by that fact that when Nifty rises these stocks rise lesser and when nifty falls they fall full-on.

I have set an aggressive and a life-time purchase price for a few engineering stocks. Following is the list of stocks and their prices:

BHEL 100, 67, 40
EiL 120, 82, 60
Cummins 323 (and lower)
Greaves Cotton -None-

I am unsure about GC as I believe that it being a Small Cap company it has the capacity to make very serious price correction.

There are some other good companies in this sector, namely ABB, Siemens, LT, Neyvile. But, they are not cheap. They are fairly priced. So nothing interesting really.
Ok,thanks for quick reply....

My trading way is simple...buy on dip only...never go for sell (short).....don't fix the time for holding...if i get profit immediately sold...

Like you said, i am already holding Bhel,ABB, Siemens...buy on dip accumulate...

Now,which sector and company to accumulate...?

jamit_05

Ok,thanks for quick reply....

My trading way is simple...buy on dip only...never go for sell (short).....don't fix the time for holding...if i get profit immediately sold...

Like you said, i am already holding Bhel,ABB, Siemens...buy on dip accumulate...

Now,which sector and company to accumulate...?

If you are into short-term trading and find yourself well-tuned to consistent make money that way as you are well-funded, then I would not discourage you.

My suggestion is, if you are doing short-term trading and buying on dips and selling on peaks, then you must buy sectors that are hot, which currently are IT, FMCG and Pharma.

You should stay away from dull sectors like Eng, Power, Energy and even Banking. There is a strong logic to say so.

You will make money only if the stock goes up, and the dull sectors go up sluggishly even when Nifty is blowing super hot.

Take a simple ex. of Tech Mahindra. A purchase after a clear correction in Sept would have lead to a Rs.400 profit on a Rs.1400 Share Price whereas trend is unclear in Bhel.

If you are into short-term trading and find yourself well-tuned to consistent make money that way as you are well-funded, then I would not discourage you.

My suggestion is, if you are doing short-term trading and buying on dips and selling on peaks, then you must buy sectors that are hot, which currently are IT, FMCG and Pharma.

You should stay away from dull sectors like Eng, Power, Energy and even Banking. There is a strong logic to say so.

You will make money only if the stock goes up, and the dull sectors go up sluggishly even when Nifty is blowing super hot.

Take a simple ex. of Tech Mahindra. A purchase after a clear correction in Sept would have lead to a Rs.400 profit on a Rs.1400 Share Price whereas trend is unclear in Bhel.
Ok, In this sector IT, FMCG and Pharma. Any midcap available for longterm...buy on dip accumulate... invest and forget...1-2years...

jamit_05

Ok, In this sector IT, FMCG and Pharma. Any midcap available for longterm...buy on dip accumulate... invest and forget...1-2years...
There are a few, but I'd suggest you stick with the tried and tested ones in the LargeCap region. There you can find several scrips which are buy and forget for a couple of years... but buy if Nifty goes near 5500!

There are a few, but I'd suggest you stick with the tried and tested ones in the LargeCap region. There you can find several scrips which are buy and forget for a couple of years... but buy if Nifty goes near 5500!
Ok,Did your prefer any penny stocks...became a multibagger...for a long term..

I like to accumulate Orient Green Power,SpiceJet,Unitech & Suven Life...what your suggestion..