Stocks for the long and short term portfolio

Einstein

Re: Current State of affairs in Capital Goods and Eng. Cos.

What about MM Forgings, I am holding at 92.00 & 94.00=200qts...but missed to buy at 84.00....how long will hold...
in first glance it seems like a micro company with little cash and its profit is also not growing from last 3 years, it belongs to a sector which is in stress which i don't expect to recover in this decade (as im from steel background). I don't think this company can produce good figure, sell it.

If you are looking to invest for long term you can choose from pharma sector which i believe can do well for long time. or my favorite personal care sector.

Einstein

Twitter IPO out, in first day twitter made 72.69% gain. market cap stands at 25 billion$.

looking at their income statement, increasing revenue BUT negative earnings. -64 million$ loss. wow.

Europe's average PE is back to pre 2008 level.

and the bubble is still growing..!!

Sometimes numbers dont always tell the complete story. Twitters IPO was not aggressively priced because it did not want to repeat the story of FB.

If you look at Twitter against FB then it has better opportunity to monetize mobile ads despite of the fact that it has only 230 million user against FB's a billion as it is created primarily for mobile. In financial world people are also focusing on Twitter for RT information which has been traditionally controlled by Bloomberg.

All I am saying is it is very easy to look at a company and discard it, you need to understand the business and look for transformations that it could bring to the industry.

Have you looked at Tesla's financials if you are so surprised with Twitter?

Einstein

only at the price chart, I personally want to have an electric car rather then a petrol car. I havn't don't any basic analysis of tesla or fb in past, will just take a look.

but that post was not meant for IT stocks, but rather liquidity. I m currently working on some bond yield model printed in security analyst by ben graham, (spread between bond yield and fed fund rate). and it only shows the the era we are living in (2013) is similar to 1998(pre-tech bubble) and pre 2008(MBS crisis)... looking further..

take a look.

Last edited:
Hi all,
Its very nice thread and good initiative taken by Mr amit, also supported by other members.

My question is regarding "Mirza International",can it become multibagger like bata and relaxo, as its from leather product sector, and it s having huge debt,so what did you suggest?????

Re: Current State of affairs in Capital Goods and Eng. Cos.

in first glance it seems like a micro company with little cash and its profit is also not growing from last 3 years, it belongs to a sector which is in stress which i don't expect to recover in this decade (as im from steel background). I don't think this company can produce good figure, sell it.

If you are looking to invest for long term you can choose from pharma sector which i believe can do well for long time. or my favorite personal care sector.

Ok, thanks for reply...

Recently bought Biocon at 371/35no and sun Pharma at 599/25no,591/10no...i like accumulate on every dip...how long will go short term...

Einstein

I think Sun pharma is already overvalued stock, in long term don't expect it to give you double digit returns. (talking about returns not growth). in long term I still prefers Lupin.

Aurobindo Pharma PHARMACEUTICALS AUROPHARMA 3.50
Divi's Laboratories PHARMACEUTICALS DIVISLAB 3.50
Dr. Reddy's Laboratories PHARMACEUTICALS DRREDDY 4.00
Lupin PHARMACEUTICALS LUPIN 5.00
Sanofi India PHARMACEUTICALS SANOFI 3.50
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries PHARMACEUTICALS SUNPHARMA 3.00
Torrent Pharmaceuticals PHARMACEUTICALS TORNTPHARM 4.00

*Higher the better,

jamit_05

I think Sun pharma is already overvalued stock, in long term don't expect it to give you double digit returns. (talking about returns not growth). in long term I still prefers Lupin.

Aurobindo Pharma PHARMACEUTICALS AUROPHARMA 3.50
Divi's Laboratories PHARMACEUTICALS DIVISLAB 3.50
Dr. Reddy's Laboratories PHARMACEUTICALS DRREDDY 4.00
Lupin PHARMACEUTICALS LUPIN 5.00
Sanofi India PHARMACEUTICALS SANOFI 3.50
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries PHARMACEUTICALS SUNPHARMA 3.00
Torrent Pharmaceuticals PHARMACEUTICALS TORNTPHARM 4.00

*Higher the better,

Case in point, the stock prices of the entire Pharma Sector is way overvalued.

By Price Over Value I mean, for the same business and all the same factors, I would get a cheaper rate in the future.

Therefore, if you are looking for value, look for sectors that are having headwinds. Like, power, infra, metals related....

If one is able to get IDFC in 60s, or Bhel in 40-100 for ex.... then he could safely say that decent stocks were purchased at a price which was below value that the companies offer.

Last edited: