Stocks for the long and short term portfolio

jamit_05

Any idea when steel stock would recover.
That would be a distant reality. Not anytime in the next couple of years. There might be 20% rallies... but no real recovery. Be very bearish about Metal stock prices.

The way I intend to do it is, buy TS at 2008 lows. Then exit at smart gains of 20% plus. Couple such round trips then hold for long term.

jamit_05

Another long standing stalwart broke major support: Ashok Leyland.

Wisdom says, for long term investors it is best to wait it out till Rs.6 is reached or there is major economic turnaround.

AL is not a leader in its sector. It is #2. Tata Motors is the leader. It is logical that the leader falls last. So we know at what price Tata Motors could reach in the year to come.

jamit_05

It seems sensible to buy good companies in bad times. As long as you are confident that they will survive, kicking and screaming, to see the good times.

Looking at the full-fledged bashing some very good scrips are getting, it seems sensible to buy them at very conservative prices.

Will look into buying IT, Pharma, FMCG when they are not in fashion. But currently they are HOT ....

jamit_05

Another phenomenal company as come to sight:

Engineer India​

It has always been nice for over a decade now but now it is desirable because the price is approaching 2008 LOW !!

Its valuations as per earnings is around 200. Have not looked at assets since it is a consulting company.

What makes the stock super nice is its CMP 150 !!

It has gathered serious bearish momentum, so waiting for sub 100 levels is justified.
Still waiting... CMP 138 !!

Fundamentally it was a buy at 150. But, I chose to rely on the charts for buying levels and not excel sheets. It is possible that I may miss some good companies, but I will definitely get good bargains on whatever I end up buying.

jamit_05

RBI has increased the cost of borrowing for the Banks. This will directly increase cost of Auto and Home loans.... companies affected are LIC Housing, Dewan, Gruh and Auto Cos.

I hv been eyeing Gruh for sometime... lets hope it comes at a major support soon.

jamit_05

My doubts of Tata Steel's good future are further solidifying. I met an accounting expert focused on the stock market, it was a workshop.

It is not a good sign that a company takes over another which is bigger. Growth is best when its organic. Acquisitions should be smaller or at par. WIth the recession Tata Steel is going to be pain in the neck for Tata Sons. (Do they own Iodex, if not they should....)

Yes... Really... this pain is gonna get worse.

manojborle

Another long standing stalwart broke major support: Ashok Leyland.

Wisdom says, for long term investors it is best to wait it out till Rs.6 is reached or there is major economic turnaround.

AL is not a leader in its sector. It is #2. Tata Motors is the leader. It is logical that the leader falls last. So we know at what price Tata Motors could reach in the year to come.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Bullish Wofe wave has formed on Weekly chart for which targets are 24 and then 34.
Only thing required is a Good bullish candle on weekly chart where we can go long.
What are your views guys ?

Mr.G

My dear friend amit, why do you post charts and supports and resistances in a fundamental analysis thread? Pray tell.