Shubha downloader beta launched

For real time data which terminal Shubha downloader should support?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mrkanitkar

Here is the data from Inception, adjusted, updated till yesterday (15 Feb 2013). This is perfect and clean data as per my knowledge.

1.NSE
2.BSE
3.MCX
4.NCDEX
5.Forex
6.NSE Futures
7.World indices

http://www.4shared.com/folder/183KeHYg/pricedata.html

This is in ascii format, can be imported in MS. One can use Amibroker import ascii wizard, map fields and use data. If you use Shubha Downloader with this data, you need to merge this data with Shubha downloader std.csv/ Amibroker (coming next week) data. The symbols are randomly generated numbers, company names are perfect. One need to match company name and merge data. The data merge activity will take some time for you.

I am sure this will help a lot for everyone here.
:thumb:

sir i have installed the software when i was downloading the data suddenly power got off
now i want to compile the downloading and trying to start the software i am getting
Uncaught node.js Error
please help what should i do now

thankyou
harish

carnot11

New version will be out should be by next weekend.
It will have following features.
1. All bug fixes
2. Yahoo eod
3. Yahoo Fundamental fix
4. Yahoo IEOD 1 min
5. Yahoo IEOD 5 min
6. Yahoo symbol search
7. Yahoo user time offset option
8. Yahoo RT (not realtime completely yet as we do not take username & password)
9. Google IEOD 1min with option of up to 50 days
10. Google IEOD 5 min with option of up to 50 days
11. Google user time offset option
12. Metastock data format converter
13. Market analysis (bulk deal, block deal)
14. Upcoming events - board meetings and corporate actions
15. Upcoming events marking in extjs calender
16. Deleting events from calender.
17. Extensions for MCX-SX.
18. UI improvements, UX improvements
19. More reports
20. security fixes and updated version of nodejs, node-webkit

We could not do MCX-SX as MCX-SX site is not stable, sometime they deliver data in xls, sometime in xlsx, sometime in csv.

We build new installer to take care of everything instead of sending updates thru auto updating application. Users will need to install new version by downloading it. Product will be free and GNU GPL as stated earlier.

1.We will not give Yahoo RT using login, password as of now.
2. Google RT will not be there as Google finance API is discontinued.
3. We will start working on Terminal RT data after release, no date planned for it's release.
4. Linux and Mac version will be also available on request.
5. If user installs nodejs or nodewebkit on his tablet, smart phone, he can install Shubha Downloader on all such devices.

Any bugs reported by Monday night, will be fixed.
Hello Sirji,

Thank you for your utility, hard work and efforts.

There is a utility developed by tomcat1978, which fetches Google RT data.

The link is as follows -

http://www.traderji.com/data-feeds/...ker-google-yahoo-nse-format-2.html#post773346

You mentioned that it is not possible to provide Google real time as Google finance API is discontinued.

Though I am not a technical person, the above does not make sense to me.

Request you to include Google real time if possible along with Yahoo real time. Of course you know better than me.

I write the above just out of curiosity and mean no offence of any kind what soever to you and your team.

Enjoy,
CArnot

mrkanitkar

sir i have installed the software when i was downloading the data suddenly power got off
now i want to compile the downloading and trying to start the software i am getting
Uncaught node.js Error
please help what should i do now

thankyou
harish
Can you please send the logs to [email protected]?

@Carnot11
This is quite long post below, please bear me. :)
Frankly speaking, the API is no more, whatever way you capture will not be RT, there will be some delay. Secondly the idea behind downloader is enable end user to download and convert data from publicly available sources. This means only legal way. Today all data downloaded by application is being downloaded from only exchange official sites and yahoo, google apis. Financial data is Intellectual property of exchanges. We are not data vendors and do not want to make money by selling data. We just enable you "retail investor/ trader" to download and convert & import data in your favorite charting application. If one is trading on Intraday with real money, he should go with official data vendors for RT data than any Google/Yahoo RT data. Reliable and smooth data with support makes intraday trader's life easy and he can focus on actual trading than struggling with data software utilities, cleaning data etc.
We will work on terminal RT data and make it also a free and open source product. We need to work on is DDE and RTD protocol clients, which are available in GNU world.
Here is what Google said on API.
--
Dear Finance API users,
As you may have heard from the Google Developers Blog, Google is doing an API spring cleaning. One of the APIs affected is the Google Finance API (both the Portfolio API and the Finance Gadgets and Tools API), which will be shut down on October 20, 2012.
This was not an easy decision to take. We work with a large number of data providers and need to respect our relationships with them. As a result, we had to keep the API restricted to end users, which prevented a meaningful ecosystem from growing around the API. We also realized that we could serve more people better by integrating the data into other Google products rather than requiring them to write code to access the data. For example, check out the GoogleFinance() function in Google Spreadsheets which replicates some of the API's functionality without requiring you to write code.
Thank you for being loyal users of the Google Finance API over the last few years.

- Karolina Netolicka, Google Finance Product Manager
----

Last edited:
just a query which i saw in sum other forum! even i got a bit interested.

since RT tick data is nt possible, is it possible by any means or thru ur current utility to get EOD tick data for cash/futures/mcs/mcx-sx segment?

Sir,
This is regarding MCX. As of now, only MCX futures option is available on your software. If you could include MCX commodity EOD bhavcopy downloading option (not talking about MCX equity), it'd be of great help.

mrkanitkar

@malgohft
As of today we download Google and Yahoo IEOD, which is 1 min as lowest.
@dexter8088
As per my knowledge MCX have only futures, there is no Cash bhavcopy. If you give url for cash bhavcopy, we can look at it.
@hyraj
You can use previously downloaded data, no issues, but you need to uninstall current build. We will give new installer.