Shubha downloader beta launched

For real time data which terminal Shubha downloader should support?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mrkanitkar

1 second snapshot is possible in google but I never verified. Frankly speaking professional traders who trade on tick data or similar use automated trades and have servers relocated @ exchange. None use free data like google as risk is huge as compared to money @ trade.
Here is way to do it. We are not planning to do it in Shubha downloader for 1 sec.
-------------
http://www.google.com/finance/getpr...d&f=d,c,o,h,l&df=cpct&auto=1&ts=1266701290218 [^]
where
q= stock symbol on Google finance
x= exchange symbol
i= interval (here 60 means 60 sec (1 minute interval))
p= no of period(here 5d denotes 5 days of data)
f= parameters (day, close, open, high and low)
df= difference (cpct is may be in % change )
auto =1,
ts = time start if you cut the last 4 digitsthe rest gives the start day in seconds
---------------

being a non techie - all this goes over my head...so dunno hw 2 implement ur solution..thks anywys sir...

also, is it possible (if not RT) to get EOD 1-sec snapshot data for analysis purpose only!

1 second snapshot is possible in google but I never verified. Frankly speaking professional traders who trade on tick data or similar use automated trades and have servers relocated @ exchange. None use free data like google as risk is huge as compared to money @ trade.
Here is way to do it. We are not planning to do it in Shubha downloader for 1 sec.
-------------
http://www.google.com/finance/getpr...d&f=d,c,o,h,l&df=cpct&auto=1&ts=1266701290218 [^]
where
q= stock symbol on Google finance
x= exchange symbol
i= interval (here 60 means 60 sec (1 minute interval))
p= no of period(here 5d denotes 5 days of data)
f= parameters (day, close, open, high and low)
df= difference (cpct is may be in % change )
auto =1,
ts = time start if you cut the last 4 digitsthe rest gives the start day in seconds
---------------

mrkanitkar

@mrkanitkar

Please ensure that in your newer release, we have the option to unselect NSE Cash Market and NSE Index during downloads.

I'm trying to build a database for MCX futures and NCDEX but gave up after it downloaded a years worth of data for NSE which I do not need. I will try this exercise again when you release a build that allows direct downloads of only the exchanges a user selects.

Also the output CSV of NCDEX exchange needs to be fixed. The source CSV from NCDEX has aprostrophe marks " in it. The same are retained in the final processed CSV. This needs to be removed as Amibroker has issues in importing the file.

Here is a sample of the output for 1st Jan 2013.

TICKER,NAME,DATE,OPEN,HIGH,LOW,CLOSE,VOLUME,OPENINT
"BARLEYJPR "-II,BARLEYJAIPUR20134,"1/1/2013","1440.5","1458","1440","1450.5","870","3830"
"BARLEYJPR "-III,BARLEYJAIPUR20135,"1/1/2013","1442.5","1475","1442.5","1459","20","350"
"BARLEYJPR "-IV,BARLEYJAIPUR20136,"12/31/2012","0","0","0","1499.5","0","360"
"BRENTCRUDE"-I,BRENT_CRUDE_OILSullomVoeUnitedKingdom20133,"NOTRADE","0","0","0","6192","0","0"
"CASTORSEED"-I,CASTORSEEDNEWDEESA20133,"1/1/2013","3897","3908","3851","3875","3240","18340"
"CASTORSEED"-II,CASTORSEEDNEWDEESA20134,"1/1/2013","3945","3963","3916","3952","820","3840"
"CHARJDDEL "-II,CHANADELHI20134,"1/1/2013","3555","3582","3542","3572","11170","43260"
Yes, NCDEX fix will be in build. You don't need to build data from scratch.
I have already posted adjusted data in one of post on same thread. Please use it.

Last edited:

mrkanitkar

We have launched new version.
You can download it from https://sourceforge.net/projects/shubhalabhadown/files/latest/download?source=files

Video tutorial is here http://youtu.be/Aevm8B_bFT0

Please report issues here https://github.com/webshub/Shubha_Downloader/issues

You need to download installer. Next time update will be pushed thru auto updates like windows update.

---------------------------------------------------------

Here is the data from Inception, adjusted, updated till 15 Feb 2013. This is perfect and clean data as per my knowledge.

1.NSE
2.BSE
3.MCX
4.NCDEX
5.Forex
6.NSE Futures
7.World indices

http://www.4shared.com/folder/183KeHYg/pricedata.html

This is in ascii format, can be imported in MS. One can use Amibroker import ascii wizard, map fields and use data. If you use Shubha Downloader with this data, you need to merge this data with Shubha downloader std.csv/ Amibroker (coming next week) data. The symbols are randomly generated numbers, company names are perfect. One need to match company name and merge data. The data merge activity will take some time for you.
--------------------------------

Please let us know if you face any issues.

Last edited:
Yes, NCDEX fix will be in build. You don't need to build data from scratch.
I have already posted adjusted data in one of post on same thread. Please use it.
Updated to the latest installer (0.05). The registration fix is a nice touch.

NSE Cash is again selected by default. One cannot unselect it.
NCDEX download option is added in NSE.

All in all not useful for my work until I can select only NCDEX without downloading NSE Cash all over again.

I will rebuild the NCDEX database in the future when you release a version without the NSE Cash selectable
and share my database here in this thread when the exercise is complete.

Hopefully my wait won't be for too long.

Last edited:

mrkanitkar

Updated to the latest installer (0.05). The registration fix is a nice touch.

NSE Cash is again selected by default. One cannot unselect it.
NCDEX download option is added in NSE.

All in all not useful for my work until I can select only NCDEX without downloading NSE Cash all over again.

I will rebuild the NCDEX database in the future when you release a version without the NSE Cash selectable
and share my database here in this thread when the exercise is complete.

Hopefully my wait won't be for too long.
We have auto update feature, which enables user to do one click download from last date. This feature need to track one of downloads, we have selected nse cash market for it.

Last edited: