Shares Accounting Software for Tax and Portfolio Management

VJAY

Its good to hear that you have installed Tomcat 5.5 and placed the .war file in the correct (webapps) folder.

There is just one more step to go: Create DSN (if you have not already done so)

To create a DSN, you need to follow the steps explained in the release notes.

Once the DSN is created, you can open the application using any browser. The URL for the application is http://localhost:8080/Portfolio.

Hope this helps.
Rusk
Dear Rusk,
Thanks for your replay.Yes am created DSN as explained in the release notes(names it MyDSN).but still unable to open the url.also one doubt....where i put portfolio data file....is in the installed tomcat folder?please guide me.

Last edited:

pkgmtnl

I REQUEST ADMINISTRATOR & MODERATOR TO NOT DELETE THIS POST,

THIS SOFTWARE IS FREE....

I AM NOT ADVERTISING FOR ANY MONEY....

THIS SOFTWARE IS DISTRIBUTED JUST AS FRIENDLY GESTURE FOR THE BENEFIT OF TRADING COMMUNITY......

All the files are available here:
http://sites.google.com/site/ruskportfolio/ProductFiles

PLEASE THIS IS NOT FOR PERSONAL BENEFIT,BUT FOR PUBLIC USE
I have account with RK GLOBAL & Ltd and Mansukh Securities & Fin Ltd,

Shall I send U their NSE Cash & NSE FnO contract notes for conversion??

Dear Rusk,
Thanks for your replay.Yes am created DSN as explained in the release notes(names it MyDSN).but still unable to open the url.also one doubt....where i put portfolio data file....is in the installed tomcat folder?please guide me.
Hi Vijay,
Good that you have now created a DSN. It needs to be named as Portfolio instead of MyDSN.

You can place the Portfolio.mdb file anywhere on you computer. But ideally it goes on the same webapps folder where you have copied the war file so that you have the whole application at one plcae.

The DSN that you create should point to the location of Portfolio.mdb.

Hi Rusk
Getting Http Status500 error.Pls advice what to do now ?
Looks like something is not setup corretcly. Here's the checklist to be verified:

1. Have you Installed Tomcat 5.5 ? (If not please instal it, Refer Release Notes for how to do that)

2. Is it running as a service ? (if it is not, then please right click on the Tomcat icon in the system tray and Start the service)

3. Type this URL in a browser to verify if Tomcat is running . http://localhost:8080/

If it is running then you will see a Apache Server Foundation Page with the following message:

"If you're seeing this page via a web browser, it means you've setup Tomcat successfully. Congratulations!"

4. Have you created a DSN with the Name as Portfolio ? (If not, please create it as per steps explained in release notes)

5. Is the DSN pointing to the Portfolio.mdb file ? (if not, then change the DSN to point to the correct file)

6. Have you copied the .war file in the webapps folder of Tomcat ? (If not, then please copy the file in the path as explained in the release notes)

Hope your issue stems from one of the points mentioned above. If you are still unable to get it to work, then we can get to the next level of troubleshooting.

Regards
Rusk

I have account with RK GLOBAL & Ltd and Mansukh Securities & Fin Ltd,

Shall I send U their NSE Cash & NSE FnO contract notes for conversion??
Sure, I can look at the files and see if that can be supported quickly. I am assuming you were able to install and get it working..

Regards
Rusk

VJAY

Good question. I have updated the release notes with full details on how to get started and where to begin with. Hope this helps. For quick reference, the release notes are available at the following link: http://sites.google.com/site/ruskportfolio/ProductFiles

Attaching a copy here..
Dear rusk,
oh got it....any way how can I upload my contract note...it's format different from which you postedalso how can i delet previous entries which you entered in portfolio.

Last edited:
Dear rusk,
oh got it....any way how can I upload my contract note...it's format different from which you postedalso how can i delet previous entries which you entered in portfolio.
Importing from a Contract note is not possible at the moment, but it is on my list of enhancements. Currently its on a lower priority then the rest of the User interface I am working on.

The sample data resides in the Trade and SalesDetail tables of Portfolio.mdb. If you wish you erase it, then simply double click Portfolio.mdb, Open Trade Table and delete all the rows. Then Open SalesDetail Table and delete all rows.

Regards