Shares Accounting Software for Tax and Portfolio Management

The sample data.xls file u have given or uploaded in ur file from where i have downloaded it and m just entering data in to it and uploadin it and nothin new i m doin that is creating such an error. Secondly when u said the software is free then wat branchin issues and y are u selling ur product be clear wat price for ur product when u have clearly told the product will be free for members Refer Your thread No. 11. Is that u who has typed or someone else on ur behalf has done it. pls be frank have u uploaded the file for ur testing once done u will go sellin ur product to members here at traderji ur gettin a free platform it does not mean u should cheat on tellin free free then ask for money as u programe did today n u say branchin issues how is that possible

i would ask moderators to pls look into this matter and stop this person from misusing Traderji website

hope to hear soon regards
1. Having investigated the error in detail, it appears that while uploading, you have selected file format as Sharekhan Bill whereas the Sample Data is in ICICI transactions format. In order to import the file, you must select the file type as ICICI Trade... while uploading Sample Data. The format of Sharekhan and ICICI files are quite different and the product expects specific values in specific cells.

2. Branching is a way to work on a single product with complex and distributed development teams for different customer bases. Simply said, I maintain several parallel versions of the same code base for various users, including one for myself and another for Traderji community. There is yet another version which will be made available for a price and will come with additional features at a later date. I not discussing any of the paid for features in this thread. You can use the following link to read a bit more on branching and its complexities.. here.. http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/archives/000968.html

As for your concerns about the being able to use a free s/w, I had already made it clear that I am developing one for myself and dont mind sharing it with the community.. If you like it, you can choose to use it. No one is forcing you.. Its your choice.. A lot of features are yet to be added and they will be included over time. This is the process of product development. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Regards
Rusk

Hi Group,

Following the observations made by some members in the thread, an unexpected feature that got injected in the product has been removed and a corrected version has been posted.

You will now be able to import all the data without any limitations.

The inconvenience caused by the previous version is sincerely regretted.

Regards
Rusk

VJAY

Dear mfadhad,
Rusk given clarity to your problem and about the product....so leave the matter.he clearly said tj members can use it free......then no problems....he never told that it will need paid....but you are get clear message so your side is right but now rusk cleares it....Enjoy an free utility and thank to rusk....

Dear Rusk,

Your words (Having investigated the error in detail, it appears that while uploading, you have selected file format as Sharekhan Bill whereas the Sample Data is in ICICI transactions format.) I have not selected the file format as sharekhan pls refer the screen short its icici only and ur given sample data file ok. Wat u told i have done its clear in ur file's.
I too know rome was not built in a day but pls investigate the error properly see the screen short and ur words.
If ur sellin a product tellin lies and just givin it free and then chargin after updatin the softare putin limits etc. its fine no issues but pls don't cheat or use the platform for marketing ur product i will suggest u to refer the screen short and then reply to my thread. See i too know u r puttin ur efforts to develope the software but not in this way. pls again refer the screen short and reply.
also refre ur thread No. 11

regards

Dear Rusk,

Your words (Having investigated the error in detail, it appears that while uploading, you have selected file format as Sharekhan Bill whereas the Sample Data is in ICICI transactions format.) I have not selected the file format as sharekhan pls refer the screen short its icici only and ur given sample data file ok. Wat u told i have done its clear in ur file's.
I too know rome was not built in a day but pls investigate the error properly see the screen short and ur words.
If ur sellin a product tellin lies and just givin it free and then chargin after updatin the softare putin limits etc. its fine no issues but pls don't cheat or use the platform for marketing ur product i will suggest u to refer the screen short and then reply to my thread. See i too know u r puttin ur efforts to develope the software but not in this way. pls again refer the screen short and reply.
also refre ur thread No. 11

regards
Mate,

Since I have written the s/w, I understand the errors it produces and therefore suggest appropriate solutions. In your case, the error details you have pasted in the screen shot refer to ShareKhanBill routine which will be called when you select Sharekhan Daily Bill from the drop down.

Basically, there were 2 separate errors.
1. First time Sharekhan was selected as Filetype and ICICI File was uploaded
(Refer 5 line in the error details - the line ending with 338. You can read the Fn name as Sharekhan there.)

2. Incorrect limit restrictions - which was inadvertent and has been removed.

I have nonetheless, made changes in the revised version of the product (already available in the recent build posted) to display an appropriate error message that explains this issue in detail to the user, to avoid any confusions.

Other members have imported data files successfully. There is no reason for me to suspect the code at this moment.

I don't think you are obligated to use the product. My intention was and is to help and not get involved into any arguments. I am not interested in repeating my seleves over and over and this kind of behaviour attracts dissatisfaction and loss to the rest of the community as I may loose interest in sharing this unique product.

Regards
Rusk

List of Broker Houses Contract note or Broker Bill List supported for Auto Import as on Date : Nov. 05 2009 in Invest Plus Softwarehttp://www.investplus.in

1 AMRAPALI CAPITAL & FINANCIAL SERVICES LTD = TXT
2 ANAGRAM SECURITIES LTD = XLS
3 ANAND RATHI SHARE & STOCK BROKERS LTD = HTML
4 ANGEL CAPITAL & DEBT MARKET LTD = HTML
5 ARCADIA SHARES & STOCK BROKERS PVT LTD = HTML
6 ASHIKA STOCK BROKING LTD = XLS
7 DJS STOCK & SHARES LTD = HTML
8 DYNAMIC EQUITIES PVT LTD = TXT HTML
9 FORT SHARE BROKING PVT LTD = HTML
10 GEOJIT FINANCIAL SERVICES LTD = TXT HTML
11 GUINESS SECURITIES LTD = XLS
12 HEM SECURITIES LTD TXT = XLS
13 ICICI SECURITIES LTD = HTML
14 INDIA INFOLINE LTD = TXT HTML
15 INDIABULLS SECURITIES LTD = TXT HTML
16 ISE SECURITIES & SERVICES LTD = TXT HTML XLS
17 KARVY STOCK BROKING LTD = TXT HTML
18 KOTAK SECURITIES LTD = TXT HTML
19 L K P SECURITIES LTD = HTML
20 MANGAL KESHAV SECURITIES LTD = TXT HTML
21 MARCK SECURITIES PVT LTD = TXT HTML
22 MEHTA EQUITIES LTD = TXT HTML
23 MF GLOBAL SIFY SECURITIES INDIA PVT LTD = XLS
24 MOTILAL OSWAL SECURITIES LTD = TXT HTML XLS
25 PACE FINANCIAL SERVICES = HTML
26 PROGRESSIVE SHARE BROKERS PVT LTD. = HTML
27 R K GLOBAL SHARES & SECURITIES LTD = TXT HTML
28 RELIANCE SECURITIES LTD = TXT HTML
29 RELIGARE SECURITIES LTD = HTML
30 SHAREKHAN LTD = TXT HTML
31 SHREE BAHUBALI INTERNATIONAL LTD = HTML
32 SMC GLOBAL SECURITIES LTD = HTML
33 SPA SECURITIES LTD TXT = HTML
34 SYSTEMATIX SHARES AND STOCK (INDIA) LTD = TXT HTML

i tried each step as said in the release notes but i am still getting http 500 error
Could you please confirm if Tomcat is correctly installed and is working. I have in one of my earlier post, explained how to verify if Tomcat is working.

Secondly, if you could advise the URL you are using to connect to the application, then that will confirm that you are using the correct port number.

If you could paste the exact error message you are seeing, than that will be help me understand and resolve your error.

Thanks.
Rusk

Hi Group,

I am consolidating the list of additional features to be included in the application. Based on functional priorities, I am planning to include the following features.

1. Allow manual entry of trading data.
2. Allow recording of Bonus / Split data via a UI and automate retrospective PL and stock calculation.
3. DMAT Register
4. Display live quotes for each script.

Let me know if you would like to see other features that you think are important in the final build, apart from the ones listed above.

Regards
Rusk