SEBI's new move to cut retailers participation in F&O!

headstrong007

----- Full-Time ----- Day-Trader
equity derivatives :

so at present their target is retail in FNO and you can take position based on income shown in ITR only, no restriction for equity market . This means no ITR filed then no FNO trading.

Why you think there will be no restriction of equity market!
Some report from either money control or economics times (I don't remember it now already posted the link), clearly said, according to some SEBI official, your maximum exposure to equity market will be limited to 40-50% of last 3 years ITR.
That may be the total exposure, mean including all type of intraday leverage you can use.
So, the days of intraday leverage will be over soon. 10x-20x leverage days will be history. Even if you have enough capital for trading you may not get 2X with the complicated rule.

For example, say you don't have taxable income now, but you have 5 lakh in your account (you got it from parents/due to inheritance or your savings from last 10 years, just imagine the case) you may not get 2X leverage on this 5Lakh capital due to current restriction based on last 3 yrs of ITR linking or networth linking.

If you, show, say file 6 lakh non-taxable income from last 3 years (I don't know probably you can file only 2 years of late income). Then 40% of 6 lakh means 2.4 lakh is your exposure(including intraday leverage). If you show your trading capital 5 lakh as your liquid net worth then you will get even less 2 lakh maximum exposure.
You are wrongly thinking that you will escape with intraday cash trading! Just make your calculation right.

Don't expect too much from SEBI weather you are intraday cash trader or investor or commodity trader all under SEBI lenses along with the main culprit NSE F&O traders(in their eyes).

Last edited:

kainiteh

same happened with Option Turnover Petition by Nithin Kamath,CEO Zerodha

alright friends,trade well till 1st Oct
make the most of it
Wish You all the Best
it will reach 500 in 1 or 2 days....
I will take an Onion help tomorrow....

headstrong007

Onion :confused:

@headstrong007 do you trade onion too in mcx? :joyful:
That was not my comment! It was kainitech comment. :joyful:

No Onion, I trade only Crude in MCX.
I can help you with "KALA TEL" only. I can arrange for you 1 mini lot of crude oil (10 barrels) for MCX physical delivery(from my side free of cost) from Mumbai if you really need it. :playful: Use it carefully. "Buri najar wale tera muh kala".

[ I just want to obtain humorous effects in the unhappy environment. :DD ]

Last edited:

headstrong007

According to experts, stock markets thrive on leverage and attempts to curb it have often led to sharp a decline in volumes and widening of price spreads, making the markets unattractive.

This can have major ramifications for India’s equity and commodity markets, as it could lead to a severe liquidity crunch, brokers and market-watchers told BusinessLine.
Initially, it could lead to a massive unwinding of positions in the derivatives segment and trigger a cash market sell-off as retail participants rush to adjust their trades.

headstrong007

Brokers also say it could ensure the institutional monopolisation of the capital market at the expense of the country’s small investors who are being pushed either to mutual funds, which too are marred by high costs, or the grey market. Further, such a scheme could drive up the compliance cost and there would be clients unwilling to share data on their assets and liabilities.

headstrong007

“Over-regulation often leads to higher compliance cost and could be counter-productive for the markets,” said Deven Choksey, MD, KR Choksey Investment Managers.

headstrong007

that meeting was in march. but at present only FNO restrictions in wednesday meeting as per news.
As per the latest report
Updated: Aug 20, 2018, 12.36 PM IST, just 3 days ago, nothing has changed. Can check the below link.

"Sebi has proposed linking an individual investor’s exposure to direct equity shares and derivatives to their net worth."

On that report, some stupid expert( working for mutual funds) said,

"Anecdotal evidence suggests that common investors rarely make money from frequent equity trading or derivatives trading."

Link:-
https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...osure-4-expert-views/articleshow/65449076.cms

Another latest report quoted:-

Net worth-based cap can push them out, lead to funds crunch
MUMBAI, AUGUST 13
Markets regulator SEBI may soon set a trading limit for retail investors based on their income or net worth.
Simply put, retail participants in the equity and commodity markets may have to submit a net worth certificate to their brokers. Their trading limits cannot exceed their income levels.

Link:-
https://www.thehindubusinessline.co...estors-could-hurt-markets/article24681906.ece

I have made the required words in BOLD so that all the things must be crystal clear now.

Last edited: