SEBI's new move to cut retailers participation in F&O!

bpr

Don't know whether BSE will be a beneficiary or not but some traders will surely move to CDS because of 2 primary reasons:

1. Low margin requirement/lot size
2. No STT/CTT and very low breakeven
I hope this is the case but these are existing reason and still people did not move to currency.
I think it is more about comfort level.

bpr

travi

ha ha ....not so long ago they rejected the extending equity and currency market till 7:30 PM...

If you remember my post then I said it is inevitable...and these are bunch of jokers ...

better late than never...

The only reason they won't extend equity time because they have no competition.
If you see here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_stock_exchange_trading_hours
Every stock exchange full-fledge operational time is in the same window as ours. A few have lunch breaks but that's it.

so what would motivate NSE alone ?
Maybe a couple of things may trade longer, (indices) like the Dow futures etc but an entire exchange which is 9-3:30 going 5:50/7:30 just doesn't fit from what I see by all Exchange Regulators.
Did i interpret you incorrectly?

headstrong007

----- Full-Time ----- Day-Trader
From the above list, I see, many Europian exchanges running much longer hour like 8-4:30 or 9-5:30 without a lunch break =>8 HR 30 MIN. We Indians are hard working; if Europeans can do why we can't?

So there is further scope to increase the time up to at least 5:30 PM.
It is possible to extend up to 6:30 with 1 hr lunch break. Or up to 7:30 with start time @10am and 1 hr lunch break. :)
I like the market time for BRAZIL, It's 10AM to 5:30PM. I m missing old 10 AM times. Extra 1hr before everyday exam is always good for preparation/planning :p & also good for 10 am lunch/heavy breakfast if there is no lunch break.

3:30 PM is too much early to finish a job for a country like India where Average Sun Set time is 6 PM+.
We are not that much lazy, still lots of energy left after market close @3:30PM. IMO.
And trading Currency or MCX is not a replacement of trading Stock Market for most of the traders.

travi

From the above list, I see, many Europian exchanges running much longer hour like 8-4:30 or 9-5:30 without a lunch break =>8 HR 30 MIN. We Indians are hard working; if Europeans can do why we can't?

So there is further scope to increase the time up to at least 5:30 PM.
It is possible to extend up to 6:30 with 1 hr lunch break. Or up to 7:30 with start time @10am and 1 hr lunch break. :)
I like the market time for BRAZIL, It's 10AM to 5:30PM. I m missing old 10 AM times. Extra 1hr before everyday exam is always good for preparation/planning :p & also good for 10 am lunch/heavy breakfast if there is no lunch break.

3:30 PM is too much early to finish a job for a country like India where Average Sun Set time is 6 PM+.
We are not that much lazy, still lots of energy left after market close @3:30PM. IMO.
And trading Currency or MCX is not a replacement of trading Stock Market for most of the traders.
Well, to be honest all exchange traders have their eyes on US ones, mark me +1 if I'm not wrong, so if until there is no significant overlap with their trading hours I don't see much.
ek do ghante mein kya ukhad lega jo pure din mein nahi kiya wali baat hai ye :D:D on a lighter note <-- very imp & assuming price shocks not occurring every day

yes, regulators can help with volatility by ensuring domestic (whats in their hands) news to be announced in mkt hours.

headstrong007

----- Full-Time ----- Day-Trader
ek do ghante mein kya ukhad lega jo pure din mein nahi kiya wali baat hai ye :D:D on a lighter note <-- very imp & assuming price shocks not occurring every day
You are completely wrong with your view as US30 FUTURE is continuously trading. Extra one hour would give much the extra opportunity for earning.

US 30 future is continuously trading. Many times big move start just after our market close, even its 6:30PM it is great. See today's US 30 future move after our market close 3:30 till now.
https://in.investing.com/indices/us-30-futures-streaming-chart

It's completely wrong assumption that we need to stretch the market till US open. Even aligning with EU market for another 2 hours is great! US 30 futures is always in trading mode during that time.

Extending the market upto at least 6:30 PM is enough. Something is always better than nothing. See today's US30 future move 3:30-6:30. This extra ADD ON opportunity for traders.

Last edited:

travi

You are completely wrong, extra one hour would give much the extra opportunity for earning.

US 30 future is continuously trading. Many times big move start just after our market close, even its 6:30PM it is great. See today's US 30 future move after our market close 3:30 till now.
https://in.investing.com/indices/us-30-futures-streaming-chart

It's completely wrong assumption that we need to stretch the market till US open. Even aligning with EU market for another 2 hours is great! US 30 futures is always in trading mode during that time. Many time a big move in US & EU started between 3:30-6:30 PM like today.
You're also completely wrong in reading what I've posted about full fledge operations. Kindly check that part of indices.