Regular Income From Markets. Risk Free. Takes no Time

If today Nifty moves further 2% from here, will it be UP or DOWN?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jamit_05

There are so many traders and faders making living off of pivot breaks that one can never know for sure who wins or losses unless he is a tad bit more patient than the participants.

gurmy.

Ones holding 150 OTM pair needn't fret. The cost of purchase was good. The current cost is 130, down from 141... that is not even 10% fall.... Friday EOD you will have profits.
think about time decay

150 otm is down by 10% today due to time decay only

if nifty does not give a break out/down today/tomorrow(which is very unlikely at present because all major news are out and there is no trigger for nifty to move
cosiderably) the pair will be down another 10% tomorrow

short strategy is more rewading in present situation

jamit_05

In agreement.

think about time decay

150 otm is down by 10% today due to time decay only

if nifty does not give a break out/down today/tomorrow(which is very unlikely at present because all major news are out and there is no trigger for nifty to move
cosiderably) the pair will be down another 10% tomorrow

short strategy is more rewading in present situation
Yes, I am in complete agreement. There are times when longs are rewarding and equal number of times when shorts pay-up. But, problem is with margins.

It was our plan to short after a big day... like the Monday... we would have bagged a winning trade... but honestly the percentage returns are poor. margin of Rs.20K+ gets blocked on per options lot shorted... and to short a pair Rs. 42K gets blocked. Whereas in Rs.40K I can get in around 3 to 5 lots long.

Conceptually, shorting is sound, since most of the months prices are simply drifting. But, that kinda work (and equal risk) for 1/5th the profits seems a little demotivating.

Amit.

amit,
i sud take no liberty in suggesting the following,

but u can put the following into consideration and then suggest us that:

when we get a confirmed breakout in a particular direction

can we wind up our loss making leg and let our profit ride

this is wat i have done today bought 5000pe at 69, bought 5200 ce at 79, booked pe at 65, ce at 103

i m very thankful to u for such a nice thread

i ll be cautious in my future endeavours, but i ve learned sum thing good and new

hmp

I am still holding pair of 50/52 at 68.80 purchased on 18 july12. Now the value is 41.40. Pl. Suggest me what to do. What should have went wrong? Pl. Advice.