Realtime data NOW,ODIN,TradeTiger,Google,Yahoo > AmiBroker, Fcharts, Qtstalker

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrkanitkar

1.Will Nest work with this utility ?
Ans: Yes, it works with NEST and NOW.
2.Do we have to download the files in the first post and enter the arbitrage details in Excel ?
Ans: we are still working on it, it's not ready for production yet.
3.How to use this RTMS .xlx file ?
Ans: Josh or I will write about it in detail soon after we test it completely.
4. Does Metastock flicker ? (with other utilities this is an irritating feature and if we try to insert any indicator it would crash ) .
Ans: If refresh is less than 5 sec, MS do crash sometimes. This is limitations of MS. I had same issue with Global Datafeed RT data as well. You can set refresh as you with to even 1 sec or 10 sec, 20 sec, increment by 1 sec.
5.Does Metastock miss any ticks or quotes ?
Ans: Official data from NSE will only the best. This utility captures data what comes to excel after every 3 sec. If NEST/ NOW hangs, freezes quotes, you are bound to miss some ticks. It's not problem of utility but's problem of your infrastructure. Many times, backfill data from NEST PLUS have last bar wrong data. 3:30 bar data shows open price of 9:15 and not of 3:30. What you do?
You need to edit these quotes manually. Your charts may be in MS or AMI or anything.
----------
We still do not have backfill xls ready. I am sure Josh will code it quickly.
Dear Josh,
As you know all changes required for backfill xls, can you please make it or post code? We need Per value as 1.
Thanks again.

Last edited:
4. Does Metastock flicker ? (with other utilities this is an irritating feature and if we try to insert any indicator it would crash ) .
Ans: If refresh is less than 5 sec, MS do crash sometimes. This is limitations of MS. I had same issue with Global Datafeed RT data as well. You can set refresh as you with to even 1 sec or 10 sec, 20 sec, increment by 1 sec.
5.Does Metastock miss any ticks or quotes ?
Ans: Official data from NSE will only the best. This utility captures data what comes to excel after every 3 sec. If NEST/ NOW hangs, freezes quotes, you are bound to miss some ticks. It's not problem of utility but's problem of your infrastructure. Many times, backfill data from NEST PLUS have last bar wrong data. 3:30 bar data shows open price of 9:15 and not of 3:30. What you do?
You need to edit these quotes manually. Your charts may be in MS or AMI or anything.
Thanks Mrkanitkar .
You are right .Unlike Amibroker and Ninja the datafeed into Metastock is not smooth .Even with GFDL sometimes MS do not cooperate. I have not tested with esignal .
Only Quotecenter and Viratech dataflow smooth like silk. Surprisingly StockQuoteAnalysis gave the same smooth result - no flickering.
But i felt some ticks missing .Perhaps data updation takes once in 5 seconds my impression may be wrong . I have to test again.
Thank you once again for you guys for your hard work .

mrkanitkar

Utility works but MS crashes in between at times. This is regular MS issue with third party.
I found workaround.
1.Excel to AMI utility
2. Got an AFL to export data in MS csv format, run scan automatic after sometime.
3. Use asc2.ms to convert it ( a bat file to do it)
4. refresh MS chart.
This is not great solution. If I am trading on 15 min chart, I can afford it as all ticks are in AMI data anyway.
@ Josh,
If you need help in excel 2MS, I will test it further. Thanks again for all help.

Last edited:
sharekhan trade tiger to excel - amibroker

the procedure is as follows ->

1> login to you tradetiger and open the desired market watch
2> right click in the market watch and select snap to excel.
3> you have to save this snap to excel. Now the saved excel will show all the scripts/futures/options and u will see the rates changing.this is your source
4> save the snap to excel file ( in this case the example - we save it as snap1.xls)

[most important- put the rt3/rt3g1 or other excel files under sharekhan\tradetiger folder and the format files under amibroker\format folders. Please follow the procedure as described by josh1 for rectification of the rt3/rt3g1 excel options]

now do as below-
4> we need ticker (scrip name), last traded time, last traded price, last traded quantity. And open interest.

5> use office 2007 or above. Open excel by clicking start-programs-microsoft office-excel2007

6> a blank workbook opens with name book1. Ignore it and open rt3.xlsm or rtg3.xlsm from within excel. Change the database path to your\amibroker database\folder\path

7>select the range below column headings up to symbol and press delete to clear all the contents.

8> we want trading symbol, last trade time, last traded price, last traded qty, open interest in columns a, b, c, d, e respectively. Therefore,
in cell a8 type =[snap1.xls]streaming_stock_watch!b9
in cell b8 type =text(now(),"hh:mm:ss")
in cell c8 type =[snap1.xls]streaming_stock_watch!e9
in cell d8 type =[snap1.xls]streaming_stock_watch!d9
in cell e8 type =[snap1.xls]streaming_stock_watch!v9

(actual cell content of snap1.xls will vary as how u save it - but most of the case its same. And if u dont put open interest in ur market watch, then cell e7 in rt3.xlm will be skipped) do as the rt3.xlm file ask u to do, do not interfere with its working.

Un the excel sheet rtg3/rtg31, in the database path of amibroker , use the foollowing
amibroker databae path = c:\program files (x86)\amibroker\rtdata.

If ur program files does not contains the (x86) part u can safely omit that part .
In that case it will be
amibroker databae path = c:\program files \amibroker\rtdata.

Here "rtdata" is for example, u can use any other meaningful name

9> copy the entire row in four rows below. Check the format of the columns once. Column b should have time format and columns c, d, e should have number format.

10>if you see the rates changing, you are done.

11> when all done, 1st open the snap1.xls (every time open new snap to excel file or otherwise it will not work) and then open rt3.xlm in the sharekhan\tradetiger folder. Rt3.xlm will be linked with snap1.xls and rt3.xlm will be active, that is it will show the live rate taken from sharekhan trade tiger.)

please do it urself before asking for help as this will help u to rectify any problem u may face when something goes wrong. If u feel that the installation is corupt, then delete all the respective files and reinstall and follow the procedure. This will help u to get streaming quotes from sharekhan tradetiger to amibroker via rt3 excel files
yes,, i use sharekhan to amibroker with the help from s114,, it is succesfully running ,, above procedure may help a lot to new (not much expert) person to configure,, what a great person sr114 and joshi sir,, coz generally people hide what he know ,, but this person help people for free ,,

thank u sr114 and joshi sir,, great utility,, realtime data vender ki to watt lag jayegi aane wale dino me :)

josh1

Utility works but MS crashes in between at times. This is regular MS issue with third party.
I found workaround.
1.Excel to AMI utility
2. Got an AFL to export data in MS csv format, run scan automatic after sometime.
3. Use asc2.ms to convert it ( a bat file to do it)
4. refresh MS chart.
This is not great solution. If I am trading on 15 min chart, I can afford it as all ticks are in AMI data anyway.
@ Josh,
If you need help in excel 2MS, I will test it further. Thanks again for all help.
Are you using MetaRefresh or the way I suggested to refresh charts?

Refresh time of 5 seconds is also good enough for a human being.

I will create a backfill utility as soon as I can. Bit busy currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.