Real time Intraday NSE tick data for Self-developed software

A

amarnath

Wonderful!!!

I was just waiting for such a product!

Post all details here, I am sure thousands of people here would be interested in knowing the details.

Why spend hours on the computer analysing, when I can get everything automated, entry targets, and even how many days required!

Eagerly awaiting your details.

PS: Thank God! I didnt buy metastock professional, I would have waster 50,000 rs, because the above system wont even use charts!

Do you still belive some simple software will bring windfall profit consistently, i am not aganist autotrading but belive me no models can predict financial systems consistently even with just 5 % precision

Hello ravikatha,

a) EOD:

Thank you for giving me EOD URL. I was searching it for a long time. I really appreciate it.

b) Yahoo URL:

Can we embed "username" and "password" in yahoo url (given below) itself?

http://finance.yahoo.com/d/quotes.csv?s=^NSEI&f=snd1t1l1ohgvwdyr

I want to query URL from webserver (apache).

c) Total Records in a day:

Please count a single script/symbol and see how many records are fetched in a day.

d) RT Data

I heard yahoo offers RT for NSE and delayed for other exchanges. But you mentioned there would be delay.

I am hoping once we have number count, someone may validate whether they are correct number based upon actual RT data.

And if Yahoo is offering RT stream but carrying 10-15 minutes delayed transactions that is just bad. In that case I cry :(

#################################
Can any one pitch in and validate above please?
#################################

Hi novais,

My Comments

A. Thanks & Welcome

B. You cannot embed the user name and password in the quote request url. You will have to programmatically login and store the returned cookie. This cookie should be accompanied with each quote request.

C. The total number of records depends on various factors like your internet connection speed, the rate at which you query the url, the scrip you are querying for etc. For my internet connection, I receive

1. About One record for every 4 seconds for IFCI scrip
2. About One record for every 1 second for JPHYDRO scrip
3. About One record for every 30 seconds for WIPRO scrip

I did not really count the whole day's quotes. But I compared the prices with my ODIN Diet terminal and the Yahoo retrieved quote followed the ODIN Diet quotes with approx 1 sec delay.

D. I do not know about the delay for other exchanges. But if you are logged in to Yahoo before querying the quote, there is no delay in the quotes for NSE from Yahoo.

Regarding the count and validity, you can test yourself by visiting the following url http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=IFCI.NS and enable streaming quotes on the page (replace the IFCI symbol with your interesetd symbol). Be sure that you browse this page after logging in to Yahoo. Then the quotes change in real time and you can compare them against any of the other sources (If you have any online trading account you can use your broker provided terminal for comparison).

Regards
Ravi Kiran Katha

Hi ravikatha,

If delay is only 1 second in Yahoo that is far far better. Then record count is not necessary.

Thank you very much.

Are you able to get reliable buy/sell signals alongwith quantity in your self-developed system?

stock4u... thanks for bringing this thread to life again. I think it was a very useful discussion which stalled for a long time.

Ravikatha & other Gurus, Could you please add updates on the stuff you have been doing? I am sure the community will really benefit from it.