Real Time Data Now / Nest Trader to Amibroker, Fcharts

Dear all,

I am new to trading in the stock market and wish to commence day trading in the near future after studying, learning and practising. Can anyone help me by answering the :-
(a) Which is better - Amibroker or Metastock?
(b) From where does one get the real time data for Amibroker or Metastock?
Best and cheapest

regards

Vidyarthi (a student for life)

josh1

I have modified RTDMan.exe code to pick multiple from settings.ini and multiply LTP by it.
Nifty spot index from currency segment will be multiplied by 100 and sent to Amibroker.
The modified version is uploaded in RTD_1.30_setup.exe and also standalone RTDMan.exe. Link is as usual in my signature.

Sample setting is like this -- Scrip1=Nifty 50;NIFTY;Index Value;;;;100

RTD Gui app is not modified. Consequently, this setting will have to be done manually in settings.ini.

The field is set as double. so it will be possible to set decimal fractions also.

Dear sir.

RTD not working with different exchange (ie. nse , mcx etc.,) in same market watch. Getting error msg RTD not working . If I use 2 different market watch for 2 different exchange , then it works . Any other way to use both in same market watch ?

Thanks

rmike

Finished testing TB's gracious offering at leisure. Smooth as silk!!!

Generic multiplier is a good idea as not only has it 'future proofed' further Indice ticker renaming adventurism but also facilitated utilizing other Indices (as & when by the 'quirk' of the exchange they become available in market watch - wishful thinking :) ). Had suggested this to yusi about a year+ back. Sometimes developers listen, sometimes they don't

Can see that Josh too has integrated the same logic, good going!

Thanks once again to both

Regards,

P.S - @TB what other enhancements are you contemplating for the final build?

TracerBullet

Finished testing TB's gracious offering at leisure. Smooth as silk!!!

Generic multiplier is a good idea as not only has it 'future proofed' further Indice ticker renaming adventurism but also facilitated utilizing other Indices (as & when by the 'quirk' of the exchange they become available in market watch - wishful thinking :) ). Had suggested this to yusi about a year+ back. Sometimes developers listen, sometimes they don't

Can see that Josh too has integrated the same logic, good going!

Thanks once again to both

Regards,

P.S - @TB what other enhancements are you contemplating for the final build?
For RTDMan, i will save quotes per scrip. This will be used to reconstruct data for backfill and just do TICKMODE 1 backfill instead of deleting quotes. ie merge 1min and last few mins of tick data instead of deleting. Your tickmode suggestion is very nice.

In my case currently i just backfill without deleting quotes with 0 volume keeping rtd data.
But this is later as i have other stuff, ordering code is much more than i thought and i work slowly.