Power Indiabulls 4.1 Intraday Ticklist To Amibroker

hi,
if you need integreted india bulls realtime data into Amibroker
try http://www.nidhidatasystems.x10hosting.com/
they have utillity for converting indiabulls data into amibroker and metastock format and upadte them in my opinion it is the best fast and cheap.if u wish you can download intraday and eod data from there site freely.
sourabhj
hi sourabh,

could u pls give me the intraday data from 10th July 06 to 24th July 06 and
11th August 06 to 25th August 06.

thanks in advance,
soumya

Last edited:
Hello sourabhj,

I had earlier tried this utility and found it bit slow in updating to AMIBROKER in realtime. I am not sure this happened to me alone. Are you able to get Real Time quotes into AMIBROKER using this utility without any delay. For me the delay in updating was 4-5 minutes late. Too risky while doing intraday trading. So i did not continue with the trial period fully.

The plus point i had noticed of this utility was the easy installation procedure. It is beautifully done. If i remember correctly this utlity will also be able to get the PIB quotes in full of the marketwatch list towards the end of day if by chance you are not able to trade during trading hours and you require quotes later on for analysis. i do not think you have to synchronize each scrip in the PIB watclist to get the quotes. Correct me if i am wrong.

Could you kindly reply as to your experience in the realtime updates or any other advantages of this utiliy.Do all the scrips in your PIB marketwatch gets updated to the Amibroker immediately and automatically without any delay.kindly confirm. May be i should request for another trial.

Regards

Saji

Hello sourabhj,

I had earlier tried this utility and found it bit slow in updating to AMIBROKER in realtime. I am not sure this happened to me alone. Are you able to get Real Time quotes into AMIBROKER using this utility without any delay. For me the delay in updating was 4-5 minutes late. Too risky while doing intraday trading. So i did not continue with the trial period fully.
i never used this software. but i am sure the software is not liable for this delay. the main culprit is PIB itself. PIB updates the Data folder 4-5 minutes later than real time.

If i remember correctly this utlity will also be able to get the PIB quotes in full of the marketwatch list towards the end of day if by chance you are not able to trade during trading hours and you require quotes later on for analysis. i do not think you have to synchronize each scrip in the PIB watclist to get the quotes. Correct me if i am wrong.
if that is the case it is really worth to buy this software.

best regards,
soumya

Hello Soumya,

Thanks for your reply. But i need to state that i had used another utility which updates charts in amibroker very quickly from PIB. Delay is around a few seconds. Only problem is that if i do not trade for a day using it i need to synchronize all the scrips in my PIB watchlist to get the data for later on analysis. Since i had populated my PIBwatchlist to the maximum number of scrips (100)allowed this becomes a problem.

From my experience of using PIB it updates the data to its folder within a few seconds(all 100 scrips).The delay is negligible.You may be wondering then why i need another one. Just looking for ones that will update charts more quickly.

What i had noticed with powerquotes pro is that the culprit may be with the optimisation of resources feature that is causing delay in updating. A good feature but could be risky for intraday traders.

Once again i fully agree the utility is top classs in installation and user friendliness.

Regards

Saji

Hello Soumya,

From my experience of using PIB it updates the data to its folder within a few seconds(all 100 scrips).The delay is negligible.You may be wondering then why i need another one. Just looking for ones that will update charts more quickly.

Saji
Dear Saji,

Presently I am also working on software from PIB to Amibroker RT data. Project is nearly completed But there is delay of 2-3 minutes. I have noticed that this delay is in PIB data folder. Although update of all scripts is simultaneous, but there is time lagging of 2-3 mins. Please check the delay in your PIB data folder, If it is really few seconds, please intimate.

Regards,

K S Kachhwaha

Dear K S Kachhwaha,

I trade daily using PIB quotes imported into Amibroker. Like i mentioned in my earlier mail i have not faced too much of delay in updating charts in AMI. So obviously PIB is writting to its folder quickly. I do not know if it has to do anything with net connection or system configurations. Anyway for your information i use broadband (256Kbps), a lap top celeron with 756 MB RAM, Windows Xp ( updated to the latest) , and of course for PIB i am using the latest version of Java software from sun micro systems. i can give you a link for downloading latest code for importing data into Amibroker released by AMI support. May be you can have a look at it.

ODBC/SQL Universal Data/AFL plugins (v.1.0.1)

Copyright (C)2006 AmiBroker.com.
INTRODUCTION.

There are two plugins:
ODBC.dll - data plugin
ODBCA.dll - AFL plugin

Data plugin handles retrieving quotation data, while AFL plugin allows to access other data from AFL formula level.

In fact these two plugins are almost identical and will be merged in the future into one as soon as AmiBroker will have support for dual-mode plugins.

Both plugin files should be copied to " Plugins" subfolder inside AmiBroker directory.

Once properly loaded they will appear under Tools->Plugins in AmiBroker as:
ODBC/SQL Universal Data Plugin
ODBC/SQL Universal AFL Plugin
DOWNLOADS

ODBC Data and AFL data plugins and their source codes are available from the following locations:
ODBC/SQL Universal Data plugin: http://www.amibroker.com/bin/odbc/ODBC.dll
ODBC/SQL Universal AFL plugin: http://www.amibroker.com/bin/odbc/ODBCA.dll
ODBC/SQL Data/AFL plugin C++ source code (for Visual C++ 6.0) http://www.amibroker.com/bin/odbc/ODBCSrc.zip
DATA PLUGIN

Data plugin can connect to any database that has corresponding ODBC driver. In order to allow to access data, the table holding quotations needs to have the following columns:
SYMBOL - holding ticker symbol (text - varchar)
DATE - quotation date / time (DATETIME type - for Microsoft SQL Server, or TIMESTAMP type for mySQL (open source))
OPEN - open (recommended FLOAT type)
HIGH - high (recommended FLOAT type)
LOW - low (recommended FLOAT type)
CLOSE - close (recommended FLOAT type)
VOLUME - volume (recommended FLOAT or INT type)
OPENINT (optional) - open interest - (recommended FLOAT or INT type)

Types of fields are not that important as plugin has ability to auto-convert if types differ. Recommended types are just as a guideline for best performance.

To connect to external database please follow these steps:

1. Go to File->New database

2. Enter new database path and click "Create" button

3. Select "ODBC/SQL Universal Data plugin" from Data source combo

4. Click on "Configure" button

5. Click on "Pick database button" and create new ODBC source or pick existing one then click OK

6. Select desired table name from the "Table name" combo

7. Pick correct column names for Open/High/Low/Close/Symbo/Date fields or accept defaults

8. (Optional) You may press "Retrieve symbols" button to get the list of symbols transferred from the external database to AmiBroker

9. Click OK

10. Click OK to close Database Settings dialog

Configuration Dialog

Data plugin configuration dialog is available from File->Database Settings->Configure

Controls:

Pick ODBC Data source... - brings up standard Windows ODBC data source selector that allows you to pick existing source or create new one. After picking the data source appropriate connection string is copied automatically to Database (ODBC connection string). Note that in case of some servers (for example Microsoft SQL Express 2005) it may be required to add manually the following two items to the connection string: SERVER=.\SQLEXPRESS;DRIVER={SQL Server};

If picked data source is available, then plugin connects to it and fills Table name combo box with the list of available tables.

Database (ODBC connection string) - standard ODBC connection string required to connect to the database. This includes the data source name as well as other optional information, such as a user ID and password. For example, "ODBC;DSN=SQLServer_Source;DATABASE=MyDatabase;UID=SA;PWD=abc123" is a possible connection string. For more information about Microsoft SQL Server connection strings see this: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/odbcsql/od_odbc_d_4x4k.asp

Table name - combo box field that is filled with all tables present in the database currently connected. You should pick the table which holds quotation data (i.e. SYMBOL, DATA, OPEN, HIGH, LOW, CLOSE, VOLUME columns)

Symbol - the name of the field in selected table that holds ticker symbols. By default it is set to SYMBOL but you can pick any other column name that you have in your database

Retrieve All Symbols - pressing this button queries the database with the following SQL :

SELECT Symbol FROM <selectedtable> GROUP BY Symbol

- this gives the list of all symbols available in the table and this list is then copied to AmiBroker's internal symbol list (so you don't need to add symbols manually)

Date/Time, Open, High, Low, Close, Volume, Open Int - these fields define column names for subsequent price data fields. You may use them to change the names of the columns if your database does not follow default schema of SYMBOL, DATE, OPEN, HIGH, LOW, CLOSE, VOLUME. Open Int field is optional

Requery database every 5 seconds - if you check this box, the plugin will trigger automatic refreshes of all charts causing re-query of database every 5 seconds. This is useful if your database is fed with real time data and you want changes to be reflected (almost) immediatelly on the charts. Please note that if you are using EOD database you should NOT use this feature as it just adds extra load to your database and to your computer.
FUNCTIONS (AFL)

odbcOpenDatabase( "connectstring" )

- opens database using ODBC driver

connectstring - specifies an ODBC connect string. This includes the data source name as well as other optional information, such as a user ID and password. For example, "DSN=SQLServer_Source;UID=SA;PWD=abc123" is a possible connect string.

If you do not know what exactly connection string is, provided that you use ODBC Data plugin as your quotation source as well, you may go to File->Database Settings->Configure and copy connection string from "Data source" field (you need to press "Pick data source" button first if database was not configured).

Example:

odbcOpenDatabase("ODBC;DATABASE=amitest;DSN=mySQL AmiTest;OPTION=0;PORT=0;UID=root");

odbcSetFieldNames( "symbolfield", "datefield" )

- allows to set names of symbol and date/time columns.

By default the plugin uses SYMBOL and DATE as names of those two columns to produce internally statements like this:

SELECT FIELD, DATE FROM tablename WHERE SYMBOL = 'MSFT' ORDER BY DATE ASC

This function is provided to allow you to read data from tables that have different column names than defaults.

Example:

odbcSetFieldNames("ticker", "datetime" );

odbcGetArray( "tablename", "symbol", "fieldname" )

- retrieves array from database table

"tablename" - is the name of table to retrieve data from

"symbol" is the ticker symbol to request data for, if you specify empty string then current symbol is used

"fieldname" is the column name with custom data

The plugin internally executes the following query

SELECT fieldname, DATE FROM tablename WHERE SYMBOL = 'symbol' ORDER BY DATE ASC

and returns data held in fieldname column.

Example:

Graph0=odbcGetArray("mytable", "", "userval1");

odbcGetValue( "tablename", "symbol", "fieldname" )

- retrieves single numerical or text value from database table

"tablename" - is the name of table to retrieve data from

"symbol" is the ticker symbol to request data for, if you specify empty string then current symbol is used

"fieldname" is the column name with custom data

The plugin internally executes the following query

SELECT fieldname FROM tablename WHERE SYMBOL = 'symbol'

and returns first data record held in fieldname column.

The function is intended to be used on arrays WITHOUT date/time column (static data, no history).

Example:

Graph0=odbcGetValue("mytable", "", "userval1");

One more thing i do is that at the end of day i do not delete the data folder contents or the files created by the utility convertor when closing it. This i feel helps me in continuing next days updates easily. I delete these files only if its size increases and is creating problems while updating to AMI.I also would suggest that in the utility you have created keep it as a stand alone one only for the purpose of importing data from PIB to AMI. Some of the other utilities i have used has EOD downloaders, Fetching data from yahoo etc.

Regards

Saji

Dear Saji,
yes iam using it as i have purchased it already and i am able to get Real Time quotes into AMIBROKER using this utility without any delay,my three freinds are also using it and they too are getting realtime data without any delay.It is a known problem of Power india bulls that some days pib updates data slow ly and that delay of power india bulls may be up to 6-12 min(some days only)
May be you tried it on this days. or you isp was facing network conjession that day .bad luck!!.well as you said to share my experience in the realtime updates or any other advantages of this utiliy. so iam sharing it with you all.

Before purchasing Power quotes pro i have various utilities available and found all lagging behind Power Quotes Pro in every area.If you want my opinion Power quotes pro is the best.

Advantages of Power quotes are:

1)Fast and user friendly.
2)Nice interface.
3)Consumes very less resources of the pc.
4)Installation is very neat and easy.
5)cheapest utility with so much of features and support.
6)support service is very good.they reply very fast and very helpfull.
7)they also give free intraday and eod data from their site.

so in my opinion it is value for money utility.
so i think You should try it again.
Regards

Sourabhj

hi sourabh,

could u pls give me the intraday data from 10th July 06 to 24th July 06 and
11th August 06 to 25th August 06.

thanks in advance,
soumya
Hi Soumya,
iam not having individual files for this data,it is in my database which is huge 850 mb so i cant upload it,i have requested nidhidatasystems the data ,you need along with some missing data for me,and they replied that they are arranging it,and as soon as i get it i will send it to you.

Regards
sourabhj