NOW to AmiBroker (YA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEAT is the NSE terminal that uses VSAT, etc., lines. I do not know much more about it; but some folks who use it say it is clunkier to use than its internet based counterpart.

Both NOW and NEST have been developed by Omnesys. NOW was developed first, and under contract from DotEx International; DotEx being the data assimilation and distribution arm of NSE. Omnesys, in turn, took some underlying code (will not go into that) and built on it for NSE specifics. Consequently, NOW is NSE specific and aimed to be the NEAT on Web.

NEST (full form is Next Generation Electronic Securities Trading System, as users are told when it crashes) branched out beyond DotEx / NSE guidelines, caters to other exchanges, white-labelled for brokers, gave freedom to Omnesys. The underlying code appears the same but much more has been built in it both for flexibility and features -- a superset you might say. But to do more is different from doing more equally well and I get the feeling that they have not got there yet. As someone said (specifically for auto manufacturing) : The convergence of the assembly line, and the divergence of user choice.
Brilliant summary. I received a phone call from one company that is giving discounted brokerage (deep discounts) and were offering NOW. The sales girl did not know the word "Algo", but she was very talkative, so I asked her to use me as excuse and ask in her company to find out what it means and how far is her company in the process. She liked the idea and is to get back to me on that. I, on other hand, needed to know some been-there done-that info on NOW.

In Settings, (double) click in the Output Name cell of the selected symbol. You should be able to edit the value there.
Yusi,

Just voicing a thought.
Is the current convention of storing different future scrips (Nifty 27-jun-2013, nifty 25-jul-2013 under same common label NIFTY_F1 the best idea? Or would it be more prudent to store them as separate scrips. If you want to conserve space, you can delete expired ones. Former is definitely more practical ... but is it best from trading perspective?

See, till yesterday, I was storing nifty July 2013 in NIFTY_F2. Today, I moved it under NIFTY_F1. Same scrip ID as far as exchange is concerned, different id on my end.

yusi

Yusi,

Just voicing a thought.
Is the current convention of storing different future scrips (Nifty 27-jun-2013, nifty 25-jul-2013 under same common label NIFTY_F1 the best idea? Or would it be more prudent to store them as separate scrips. If you want to conserve space, you can delete expired ones. Former is definitely more practical ... but is it best from trading perspective?

See, till yesterday, I was storing nifty July 2013 in NIFTY_F2. Today, I moved it under NIFTY_F1. Same scrip ID as far as exchange is concerned, different id on my end.
Will take the short way out and simply quote from an email reply:

I wish there was a clear-cut answer to events with inherent discontinuity -- whether it be end-of-day / weekend or end of expiry. There are only two possible approaches to Nifty futures:

1. Maintain the current month as Nifty_1; this is what most people follow. To do this, rename your output symbol in Nest2Ami Settings. The disadvantage is that on expiry, the price will jump depending on premium / discount. You will not have to merge data and delete old symbols, and it can give multi-year charts.

2. Maintain each month separately. The disadvantage here is that near expiry, the volume will jump. Each chart will be a max of 3 months, but price tends to reflect the near month rollover more correctly.

So you will have to choose depending on your TA requirements. Different persons have different opinions. Short term traders do not care either way.
One example of a person who does not prefer continuous contracts is R M (his post)

However, I am guessing that an underlying reason behind the question is the gnawing feeling that you are loosing data (or its identity) when you make a contract continuous. That is always the playoff between data and its representation (or rather pure data, and data suitable for convenient representation). Just as in a self-same mode, there is the the choice between 'tick' data and OHLCV data. I prefer not to over-think it; if one mostly need continuous contracts or OHLVC, might as well optimize for it, and forget the alternative till there is a compelling reason

yusi

Its me SAM again........ now I'm doing trading in Zerodha Trader but I'm unable get data to AMI Broker, pls can I get Anything like NOW2AMI....

I knw u r d only person, who help me out.

Pls do the needful. I sent u PM also including my mail id.

Sir waiting for set up file, I found tht it called NEST2AMI I think so....pls send me set up file.
Hello Sam, I remember you -- there is only one guy I know who will post in the forum, and send a PM, and send an email, all at the same time ;)

What's the hurry, anyway. Let's do this next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.