NOW to AmiBroker (YA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yusi

I am using NOW2Ami-In my case, 24/6/13-data is present till 9.30 in NEST plus and same erroneous tick for 9.31 candle and it's still seen today eve also.

Do you have any idea in how many days such errorneous data gets corrected by NOW (NEST plus) ? I am missing data for 24 jun :(
Wish you had read your quoted heads-up yesterday. You could have used the internal backfill and alleviated the situation. Yesterday, Plus had data missing till 9:30. They have added the 9:15 to 9:30 records. But they have not corrected the erroneous 9:31 record. Must have missed it; generally, they are good to correct such anomalies fast.

Anyway, have written to the Plus team. Let's hope they correct it by tomorrow. You could write to them as well; the address is nest.plus / omnesysindia.com.

Wish you had read your quoted heads-up yesterday. You could have used the internal backfill and alleviated the situation. Yesterday, Plus had data missing till 9:30. They have added the 9:15 to 9:30 records. But they have not corrected the erroneous 9:31 record. Must have missed it; generally, they are good to correct such anomalies fast.

Anyway, have written to the Plus team. Let's hope they correct it by tomorrow. You could write to them as well; the address is nest.plus / omnesysindia.com.
Thanks sir for reply. Unfortunately i was absent on monday ,hence did not read your post . In evening when i tried , internet gave much problems , so thought of backfilling next morning and shut down PC

yusi

Thanks sir for reply. Unfortunately i was absent on monday ,hence did not read your post . In evening when i tried , internet gave much problems , so thought of backfilling next morning and shut down PC
Have not checked from quite some time, but the Hourly / Vwap Statistics used to show values till 8:30 am or so the next morning. This can be used for "current day" backfill. When doing so, ensure that the Last Date Date is set to the previous day. (I think the code does try to warn with "Data timestamp is in the future. The Last Data Date may be wrong." in case you forget).

Just a tip if it comes handy.

Yusi

what is difference between NOW and NEST and NEAT. There is so much confusion with this. Someone recently told me NOW is same as NEST (developed by Omnesys). On some website, NOW is described as acronym of NEAT on Web.

So, what is it actually and how far are you able to automate things in it?

yusi

Yusi

what is difference between NOW and NEST and NEAT. There is so much confusion with this. Someone recently told me NOW is same as NEST (developed by Omnesys). On some website, NOW is described as acronym of NEAT on Web.

So, what is it actually and how far are you able to automate things in it?
NEAT is the NSE terminal that uses VSAT, etc., lines. I do not know much more about it; but some folks who use it say it is clunkier to use than its internet based counterpart.

Both NOW and NEST have been developed by Omnesys. NOW was developed first, and under contract from DotEx International; DotEx being the data assimilation and distribution arm of NSE. Omnesys, in turn, took some underlying code (will not go into that) and built on it for NSE specifics. Consequently, NOW is NSE specific and aimed to be the NEAT on Web.

NEST (full form is Next Generation Electronic Securities Trading System, as users are told when it crashes) branched out beyond DotEx / NSE guidelines, caters to other exchanges, white-labelled for brokers, gave freedom to Omnesys. The underlying code appears the same but much more has been built in it both for flexibility and features -- a superset you might say. But to do more is different from doing more equally well and I get the feeling that they have not got there yet. As someone said (specifically for auto manufacturing) : The convergence of the assembly line, and the divergence of user choice.

As regards automation is concerned, the poor man will make do with what he gets. If you are thinking of getting into it using NEAT/ NOW/ Nest, I would suggest that you wait another six months till more maturity is built-in. In any case, it is very early in that curve.

yusi

how to change symbols for the next series that as of now i have data symbol nifty 13june from tomorrow i have to add next series so how to align previous series data into july series.
It is the same as adding new symbols to your capture list (or removing symbols).

Suppose that you had done this tomorrow morning: you would add the new series in the market watch as normal practice; the old series will not show. When you 'Check Programs & Settings', the log will tell you that some symbols are missing. Go to Settings, and select the new series symbols, rename as per preference if required, and Save.

You are good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.