Nifty Open Interest Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's keep posting trade able ideas to make most of market conditions
I'm looking to short above 5755
This is what happens if you are biased. I would have been better of playing trend than against it. Took 5800@ 60 & it went upto 39. Just saved as I was not following and could not put stoploss, it will be a struggle to even get buy price

Last edited:
You can read the expected range. But remember it is very dynamic & changes constantly. So your interpretation is as important - keep studying the table & slowly u will start to see the patterns. Be patient & do it over a couple of months.
I am still getting the hang of it. Expiry week is the most confusing to interpret.

Comments @ 14:17
I can understand the logic of OI addition in 5800CE as it looks like the market has peaked.

However what is the explanation for addition in OI (ie. people writing options) at 5800PE? Could it be a belief, of the put option writers, that the market will expire above whatever will be their breakeven?

Last edited:
Comments @ 14:17
I can understand the logic of OI addition in 5800CE as it looks like the market has peaked.

However what is the explanation for addition in OI (ie. people writing options) at 5800PE? Could it be a belief, of the put option writers, that the market will expire above whatever will be their breakeven?
Put writers are people who are bullish, in this case they expect an expiry above 5800 and hence want to eat premium. 5800 put has fallen from 200 odd levels to just 8 in 5 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.