Nifty Open Interest Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

sridhar

Did 2 sets of trades today. My learnings:-
1. Bought 5600PE 50 each @ 69.55 & 68.35. Exited at 75.7 & 74.5. Total gross 8.92%.
need to work out some rules for trailing stop loss calculation as the some candle & next candle did go upto almost 80.

2. Based on a support level of 5600 NF again bought 5600PE [email protected]. Had to exit at 76.25. So gave up almost 50% of profits of previous trade. Mistake was that I did not wait for level to be breached on Candle Closing Basis. 5600 never got breached on closing basis on 5 & 15 min candles. So now this is a golden rule- wait for candle closing.

Looks like we are going to be stuck in a range of 5600 - 5700 for a day or two.

Last edited:

jamit_05

5700 CE alone raised OI by 20 L plus. This reflects way too much confidence... NF is bound to fly to 5700 at least once to scare them off !!

Now NF looks all up, till Friday at least... !!

However, IF and only IF this happens... it will be an anti-trend move... so trade light... very light.

Option.Trader

Lots of action today... forgot to post updates on our position set up.. .we lost out on 5600PE both on 20 pts stop loss being hit and OI falling more than 12%. But it still gave us enough opportunity to exit.. yesterday it closed at 47and today opened at 55

Personally .. did two trades..but this is again on the risky side... went with the trend... Sold 5600CE @98.6 in the morning and averaged again at 105...
Now at 69... Writing does provide complete points if played with trend.

Will post today's analysis in a couple of hours

SexyTrader

Though I got in 5300 PE at 9/- today for a sure TRIPLING, the 5700 CE does look like an INTRADAY play for tomorrow Coz I sense a 50-60 points gain from its current price.

5700 CE could touch 95-97 tomorrow or Monday!

Option.Trader

Though I got in 5300 PE at 9/- today for a sure TRIPLING, the 5700 CE does look like an INTRADAY play for tomorrow Coz I sense a 50-60 points gain from its current price.

5700 CE could touch 95-97 tomorrow or Monday!
Interesting... in Gambling there is something called as beginners luck... would love to see where your strategy takes you... We all have our instincts.. looks like you are acting on them and making some decent profits... but without a method to the madness very difficult to replicate and may not work for all

Status
Not open for further replies.