Nifty Open Interest Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamit_05

With the current news coming in, the mood will turn bearish again!!

Hence I bought 5600 PE now coz its available dirt-cheap right now....and a sure-shot winner :thumb:

@ 12 bucks 5600 PE is at a good price. Very good RR. Moreover, if NF closes above 5850 and you feel it is no point holding it... you will get 5 bucks back !!

mangup

I can... only issue is as of now I take data from two sources and merge to get the report out... took from Columbus thread the expiry range and then added the interpretation to it... would be nice if someone is willing to integrate both through VB to automatically pull the data... if someone is willing to do it , i'll be more than glad to supply both excel files
Sorry bro, i don't have much knowledge of VB. May be GuluGulu, Healthraj,etc can help u to work wonder programming in excel to help to pull data. I have one excel sheet which pulls only option chain data, but it is very basic. can try to modify it if u provide the interpretation logics for various conditions.

columbus

Option.Trader

Date : 6.3.2013

Bulls captured 5800PE with 70L theory... if this holds tomorrow, we will see 5900 soon. Need to cross over Budget high of 5850 for this trend to gain momentum

Whenever a trend is changed, there is a huge temptation to buy OTM call or puts as in this case... though 5600 PE is only 11 Re, you can clearly see from option data, where the bets are placed... there is a small probability that it may goo towards the lows again... but would you put 10K for a 2% probability or 10K on a 60% probability... this is all there is to market movements... chasing a 2% probability could leave you with loss of principal... u may occasionally hit the jackpot, but you are better off at the horses with such a policy

Last edited:

TraderRavi

low risk profile
today, over 1 million puts wriiten @ 5700/5800 level ....but @ 5900 level....call OI is twice of puts....so lets see if it changes in coming days .....depends on upto what level this upmove goes...

Thanks a lot for the analysis. I am finding some different OI values in the option chain posted here compared with the one in NSE website. Kindly clarify

Status
Not open for further replies.