Nifty Intraday Pivot Points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The posted hourly chart of the CAD/JPY shows why I call my S&R's my pride and joy. This S&R behavior is quite typical, and what should happen, to some degree on all markets.
Where I wrapped the candle with that "L" shape is the beginning of this week. The market moved up to the circled area, which is the WR1 (Red line. All weeklies on my chart will be seen with a red line, then it corrected at least 38.2% of the gains it made, and then got back in the trend. It moved up again, and was contained, so far, at the WR2, which is the next encircled area.
We didn't get a spike on the R1. We did get slight one on the R2, but the candle still straddled the red line.
When we had our chat room a few years ago, we played, "Name that Market". Someone would name a market, I'd post it with the S&R's, and then just blow everyone's minds with the accuracy.

lancer

Hi 4x,

You said that "The other thing to look for is the next objective, which is the weekly kijun at 5756. There is still enough thrust left in the weekly to push it to that point." Now that NF has achieved the wekly kijun objective and also sustained above weekly R1, what next R2-5853 or reversal to 5687 and S1 5579 ? You have also said earlier that as a trader would have shorted @ 5687 with a target of 5521 or little above.

Now what next ? Uptrend or reversal as said earlier ? Your analysis have been extremely accurate till now and thanks for the same.

Lancer you beat me to the punch. I was going to give an update before the markets open. Sooo, here we go:

The objective for the weekly kijun was hit on Tuesday. The WR1 at 5767 has contained the action to this point. A correction to 5730 will mean a 38% bounce of the WP--WR1, and that will fulfill that requirement.
But, that is not the point, as we are still looking for something with greater implications than that. For now, the situation has me a a little befluxed. This is because there are still implication on the 4-hour of a sizable correction, but on the daily, the candle has peered out of the cloud. Either we have a headfake out of the cloud or things turn ugly on the 4-hour.
Having said that, the weekly kijun is straighlined, and been hit, and it is fresh, so that indicates fresh R, and a reversal still looks imminent.
What is going to happen with the reversal is that it will be The Reversal, and the monthly chart starts getting its way again, or we head down to circa 5561, maybe 5475, and then we reverse again towards 5841.
Therefore, the favorable scenario is to right off the push out of the daily cloud as a headfake, and the reversal, or at least the correction, begins.

BTW, the monthlies will be ready on Friday.

Hi 4x,

You said that "The other thing to look for is the next objective, which is the weekly kijun at 5756. There is still enough thrust left in the weekly to push it to that point." Now that NF has achieved the wekly kijun objective and also sustained above weekly R1, what next R2-5853 or reversal to 5687 and S1 5579 ? You have also said earlier that as a trader would have shorted @ 5687 with a target of 5521 or little above.

Now what next ? Uptrend or reversal as said earlier ? Your analysis have been extremely accurate till now and thanks for the same.

BTW, the monthlies will be ready on Friday.
Hi Pips, a couple of questions for you. Since you trade in many many markets, you might have much better insight than me in these.

#1. I have a feeling that Indian markets are manipulated around the month ends (F&O / option expiry or calendar month/quarter end reporting needs). So a chart might point to a move, but it does not happen that way during these periods. Now what I see is pure speculation based on maybe a year of watching the stocks move. Would you be able to infer any such thing based on charts?

I want to clarify that manipulation does not always imply illegal manipulation. However, I feel the fund managers will buy more (or less) equities during these times to nudge the stock a bit here and there (the buys and sells are well within their rights). Given that even a 5% extra purchase (or sale) from daily levels can move the index significantly, I consider it manipulation which is not based on market sentiments but a factor bigger than market economy that it must be considered.

Anyway, would you be able to infer / see such a thing from charts?

#2. I see that you trade mostly currency pairs? However, when we discuss NIFTY here, we are looking at in isolation. I have not had the time to go back and review what people were saying in December about NIFTY (right before it crashed), but the story was that FIIs sold off a part of their holdings as the global markets were more attractive than India.

If true, we should be able to decipher the same thing (index trading pairs) from charts by plotting NIFTY against DOW or some global index. And if we had the option to play with different markets (it is very very limited in India), we would be able to make the same calls as the FIIs. Do you agree? And if yes, what model will you make?

SJD, truth be known, but the technicals are never wrong. The interpreter of the technicals (In this case, that would be me.) is wrong occasionally. I'll elaborate a little later concerning the market's current plight.

The reason I am a technical trader is regardless of the news or whatever is going on at the current time, prices are still confined within its algorithmic flow, and is always discernible in hindsight.
I also noticed there is peculiar action near the end of the week and the end of the month. I noticed that since my S&R's were conceived. AS an example, this is the end of the month and the monthly S&R's lose their elasticity because of them being hit on a few times throughout the month (Just an example. Nifty is currently at a high for the month.

My insight into the markets and the 6 1/2 years experience I have revolves only around the technicals. I can tell you something about a chart and what I see on it and some of the obviations involved, but I am still not wise to a country's fundamental set. I do know there are way too many stereotypes that revolve around fundamental information. Those stereotypes are never used to making a trading decision ,but are always used in hindsight. That being said, if anyone uses FA's along with the TA's to make trading decisions and they are winning, that was not meant as a challenge. My hats off are to anyone who trades regularly with consistent gains.

IMO, charts can never infer any kind of manipulation, but only the mathematics that revolve around the markets. Also, IMO, charts are never wrong. The only one that can be wrong is the one interpreting those charts. Let me say I misinterpret the charts every once in awhile, which is the only reason I do not post 100% winning trades.
It is also my opinion that the markets can never be manipulated. There are too many players. Collaboration for any manipulative ploy is nearly impossible. Let me give an example as a metaphor. Often we hear people's outcries about gas prices at the pump. They talk about a boycott. If a boycott could be pulled, then the collective body might be able to do something about lowering gas prices. The problem? Too many players involved.

Trends will a lot of times move in tandem. As a general average the cycle of all markets is about 28 candles. With 1,000's of markets worldwide, it is obvious there are going to be quite a few that will move in tandem if anything, by coincidence. The one thing I like about forex is there is a mathematical relationship with every pair. As an example EUR/USD * USD/CHF = EUR/CHF. I could take every pair in existence and make a formula (nothing more than simple algebra) to show their interrelationship.

Let me be clear. I trade 28 markets, and it is only spot forex. I track and apply my methodology to as many as you want me to.

I'd like to be able to address you comment concerning the FII, but excuse my ignorance as I do not know what it is or what the acronym stands for.

As I mentioned a little earlier, I'll add my view on Nifty, but it is 1700 here, and I am getting ready to go out for the night.

Hi Pips, a couple of questions for you. Since you trade in many many markets, you might have much better insight than me in these.

#1. I have a feeling that Indian markets are manipulated around the month ends (F&O / option expiry or calendar month/quarter end reporting needs). So a chart might point to a move, but it does not happen that way during these periods. Now what I see is pure speculation based on maybe a year of watching the stocks move. Would you be able to infer any such thing based on charts?

I want to clarify that manipulation does not always imply illegal manipulation. However, I feel the fund managers will buy more (or less) equities during these times to nudge the stock a bit here and there (the buys and sells are well within their rights). Given that even a 5% extra purchase (or sale) from daily levels can move the index significantly, I consider it manipulation which is not based on market sentiments but a factor bigger than market economy that it must be considered.

Anyway, would you be able to infer / see such a thing from charts?

#2. I see that you trade mostly currency pairs? However, when we discuss NIFTY here, we are looking at in isolation. I have not had the time to go back and review what people were saying in December about NIFTY (right before it crashed), but the story was that FIIs sold off a part of their holdings as the global markets were more attractive than India.

If true, we should be able to decipher the same thing (index trading pairs) from charts by plotting NIFTY against DOW or some global index. And if we had the option to play with different markets (it is very very limited in India), we would be able to make the same calls as the FIIs. Do you agree? And if yes, what model will you make?

VJAY

SJD, truth be known, but the technicals are never wrong. The interpreter of the technicals (In this case, that would be me.) is wrong occasionally. I'll elaborate a little later concerning the market's current plight.

The reason I am a technical trader is regardless of the news or whatever is going on at the current time, prices are still confined within its algorithmic flow, and is always discernible in hindsight.
I also noticed there is peculiar action near the end of the week and the end of the month. I noticed that since my S&R's were conceived. AS an example, this is the end of the month and the monthly S&R's lose their elasticity because of them being hit on a few times throughout the month (Just an example. Nifty is currently at a high for the month.

My insight into the markets and the 6 1/2 years experience I have revolves only around the technicals. I can tell you something about a chart and what I see on it and some of the obviations involved, but I am still not wise to a country's fundamental set. I do know there are way too many stereotypes that revolve around fundamental information. Those stereotypes are never used to making a trading decision ,but are always used in hindsight. That being said, if anyone uses FA's along with the TA's to make trading decisions and they are winning, that was not meant as a challenge. My hats off are to anyone who trades regularly with consistent gains.

IMO, charts can never infer any kind of manipulation, but only the mathematics that revolve around the markets. Also, IMO, charts are never wrong. The only one that can be wrong is the one interpreting those charts. Let me say I misinterpret the charts every once in awhile, which is the only reason I do not post 100% winning trades.
It is also my opinion that the markets can never be manipulated. There are too many players. Collaboration for any manipulative ploy is nearly impossible. Let me give an example as a metaphor. Often we hear people's outcries about gas prices at the pump. They talk about a boycott. If a boycott could be pulled, then the collective body might be able to do something about lowering gas prices. The problem? Too many players involved.

Trends will a lot of times move in tandem. As a general average the cycle of all markets is about 28 candles. With 1,000's of markets worldwide, it is obvious there are going to be quite a few that will move in tandem if anything, by coincidence. The one thing I like about forex is there is a mathematical relationship with every pair. As an example EUR/USD * USD/CHF = EUR/CHF. I could take every pair in existence and make a formula (nothing more than simple algebra) to show their interrelationship.

Let me be clear. I trade 28 markets, and it is only spot forex. I track and apply my methodology to as many as you want me to.

I'd like to be able to address you comment concerning the FII, but excuse my ignorance as I do not know what it is or what the acronym stands for.

As I mentioned a little earlier, I'll add my view on Nifty, but it is 1700 here, and I am getting ready to go out for the night.
FII=Foreign Institutional Investors
DII = Domestic Institutional Investors (Includes Bank, DFIs, Insurance, New Pension Scheme and MF)

Thanks for clearing that up VJAY.

Before I get started on the analysis, let me something else with regards to TA's and FA's. I know I seem very dogmatic with my views concerning them. First, I've seen more stereotypes with FA's, than I have seen success stories. Another reason is that I've had a great deal of success in using TA's only without really being cognizant of what is going on in the FA world. Don't misunderstand me, I did know about Japan, when the NFP report comes out and the FOMC. I do know what is going on in Libya right now while our economy is in the tank. Nevertheless, it is only TA's I am acclimated to, and so that is an inherent bias with me.

On with tonight's forecast:
It is expected with the comfortable break of the WR1 that we get a continuation to the WR2, which is 5864, and the "A" level is 5853. Once again, this area needs to contain. We are definitely in for a huge correction. I'm a few days late on this one, but still, be looking for it. If I was trading this market, I would not be long beyond 5864. The 4 -hour is busting at the seems, and the is also getting to the point of exhaustion. Beware!

Status
Not open for further replies.