Nifty Futures Trading Part 2 (Positional)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunil

i have the necline in mind, vivek... those levels i mentioned are the stops for the intermediate UT...
anything can happen on monday - there might be a gap down even below these levels, and i would be stopped out at a level not desired by me...
or
a gap up can happen - in that case, there would be double bottom at 4200.

I had to respect that 4200, though, as I mentioned, this time I had very less reason & conviction to respect it.. I would really be very surprised if these levels are not tested on monday.... Now, at such low level of 2 month range (4200-4600), I did not feel like initiating a short position. KISSing level was over-looked by me.
dekhenge yaar, bhaaluon mein kitna dum hain... :))

(Also, if u see the EOD chart of spot, then from 1st week of June to 1st week of Aug, there was this apparent Inv H&S.. its neck broke around the 2nd week of Aug... but see its resulting move - hardly any rally & met its dead end at 100DMA)

Sunil

nope, you are comparing Spot's closing adjusment figure with FUT's LTP which is not yet adjusted... (these adjustments happen everyday... i think it's the weighted average price of 3:10 & 3:30.. something like that .. check up with nse) spot's adjusted price comes within 3:40, but Fut's only after 4 or 4:15

looking at LTPs, i guess FUT is still in around 16-18 pts premium
Ashish,
the closing figure for FUT after adjustments is 4245.80 (17 pts premium)...

so, vivek kahaani shaayad thodi aur baaki ho sakti hain...
SPOT 4159 / FUT 4162 come into picture only when SPOT 4200 / FUT 4209 break...
so, nearly 40 points (roughly 1%) margin of safety still for FUT in case of gap down on monday...

as da says... lunch break

columbus

Da,

Let's compromise... range for monday 4200-4300
then on my TUESDAY, either 4150 or 4350

4000~4500 appears to the ranges for next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.