Nifty Futures Trading Part 2 (Positional)

Status
Not open for further replies.

columbus

The 100 day EMA for Nifty Spot is around 4528 which should provide some stiff resistance. We can look to short around 4520 with a stop loss of 4540.

But if that breaks then the next resistance comes from the 200 day EMA which is around 4692. But I don't think this rally would get to 4600, so it is better to short around 4520, Nifty Spot.

Any suggestions?
Yes ,I agree with you 110-DMA level (5month-DMA) is placed at 4572 and could show some resistance.

dumdum20008

I just plot my first chart of Nifty with MS, its simple.
what interest me that 2nd Sep was 34th day ( a fibo. no) from low made on 16th july.
I may consider short with SL of HOD 2nd Sep.

Attachments

C

Czar

One thing of note is that since Jan, each downtrend & subsequent rally has been of almost same no. of trading days, last downtrend which ended lasted 51 days & this uptrend is now 34 sessions old so there is a possibility that 17 more sessions are left..

approx:
1st in Jan 9 down & 9 up
2nd 28 down 28 up

but we cant rely on such analysis except for historic purposes, can we ?

dumdum20008

One thing of note is that since Jan, each downtrend & subsequent rally has been of almost same no. of trading days, last downtrend which ended lasted 51 days & this uptrend is now 34 sessions old so there is a possibility that 17 more sessions are left..

approx:
1st in Jan 9 down & 9 up
2nd 28 down 28 up

but we cant rely on such analysis except for historic purposes, can we ?
obviously past is no projection of future. But i am pointing about possibilty of fibo turning day( 34), rather than equality of up and down legs.

orderflow13

obviously past is no projection of future. But i am pointing about possibilty of fibo turning day( 34), rather than equality of up and down legs.
this always made me curious, fibo on time basis,i also brought a s/w which has that facility,but i didnt hv a good exp. frnd,but this is very interesting point u mentioned,
but i used once time base fibo didnt work 4 me,might be it worked 4 u,also i tried to use indicators with fibo time periods ..like 5,8,13,21 periods,used rsi of 5 for short 13 for long ..nothin work,...might be it work 4 ya, 4 me there is no magic figure u change ur color with changing market conditions .

Sunil

i hope u guys seriously reconsider ur plans for shorting...
one more BIG news is out, which the financial seems to celebrate:

Bailout of Fannie & Freddie by US Govt.

Keep your eyes focussed on 4650 SPOT now.

and alex, one thing about OPTIONS: how can u be so sure that OI is due to option writing & not option buying. In Futs, we can say that if OI increases & FUT price is in discount, it means more shorts, etc.
But, how can one come to know the same about OI in options...

What i do (& this really comes handy in expiry time also):
Compare the price of both Call & Put of ATM (at the money) Option. So for example, if closing on friday was around 4350, then the closing price were:
Call 4350: 143
Put 4350: 132

The premium for calls is more than for puts; that's when I came to conclusion & discussed with czar that bias is more towards Calls side.
Ofcourse, u cant take OPTIONS as THE indicator, as options can also be used for hedging, etc...

C

Czar

SGX up +189 points, Dow futures shot up to +256 points, Hangseng +753

you are right Sunil, like Satda had said , should do 4650 1st... are booking on the 4700s ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sunil

SatDa, my producer, will be very happy today...
movie released on friday to near-empty seats (due to Ganesh festival)

but now, it has been declared a GLOBAL HIT...
if it can take out 4650 spot, then Critics & Oscar Award too..
:))

Status
Not open for further replies.