NIFTY Futures Mechanical Trading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Vinodji,

I am also confused.
Since you said to go long above 4919, it went above till 4923,
i took the long position,and since it did not even touch the stop loss of
4813, i am still holding the long position.

Kindly guide, i am confused.

Awaiting your quickest response,

Thanks & Regards,
Rajat gupta

debdeeps

Hi Vinodji,

I am also confused.

Thanks & Regards,
Rajat gupta
Hi Rajat and Sandeep,
As far as I understand the system of Vinod he says that Nifty should sustain above SL for atleast 3 mins (read his first post), today it passed the SL of 4919 but didn't sustain there for 3 mins and cooled off very rapidly. So no question of trade reversal. Hope this helps. :)

nadodav

Hi Vinodji,

I am also confused.

Thanks & Regards,
Rajat gupta
Dear Rajat, Sandeep & all new comers,

Just do not follow & trade by looking 4-5 profitable trades. Instead, take your own time & go through all the messages right from first one. Also have a look in last year trade file and current year trade file. Understand the risk associated & than if you find the method comfirtable, can start trading with MINIFTY contract. Initially, it is advisable to paper trade for 2 months before actual trade.

Happy Trading.

Vinod

Hi Vinodji,

Thank you so much for your prompt reply.
I will definitely study first, as you suggested and then go ahead.

But kindly guide, since i had entered LONG at 4921, shall i book loss,
wait to average at 100 points, hold till stop loss or exit ?

Awaiting your response,

Thanks & Regards,
Rajat Gupta

Dear Rajat,

I think you should continue with Long position with given support and resistance levels on daily basis.

Tomorrow, If it nifty goes above resistance level, you are anyways recovering your loss.
But, if it breaks support, cut your long and limit your loss to 100 pts.

Again, ensure that support is broken convincingly, before cutting you long position.

Regards,

Hi Vinodji,

I am also confused.
As some of the earlier messages say, present your stop loss about 6 points above or below the points mentioned, to avoid any stress. This way you can produce a stop loss order in the beginning of the day and do your other work (only be sure to enter another stop loss when this order goes through)

I have uploaded the results if you did this on each side (buy 6 points higher, and sell 6 points lower) and uploaded the results in an online spreadsheet:

http://tinyurl.com/6ao4cc

The result is a profit of 1110 points which is still good. But it's about 30% lesser - you may actually have lower results due to brokerage and taxes. Still, 1100 points is equivalent to a 55,000 Rs. return per lot, in about six months, for a margin amount of about 50,000 to 1 lakh (i would suggest 1 lakh) It was one big volatile period that helped of course. Also the two periods when trade was not taken would have been profitable if the system was continued.

Btw, Vinod: Your entry of 2/4/08 was wrong, it shows a loss in your sheet when it is actually a profit. I have corrected it.

vinst

Hello Friends,

Upon looking at this fantastic thread by vinodji, I did some 're-discovering' and found that one could achieve about 30-40% better results than what we are seeing now (even this is very good !!). I would like to send my results to vinodji first , after a few days as my files are not available with me for a few days (till 11th june). Hope that my contribution will results in better profits.

regards,
vin

Hi I am new to this thread and I wanted to know about Roll Over, During rollover will my position gets rolled over to next month or is it squared off at the end of the day. Plz help me out

Status
Not open for further replies.