NIFTY Futures Mechanical Trading

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

uasish

Uahish,

As an example at NIFTY = 5000, ONE lot attracts an amount 18% of total cost ,which is 90,000 but not Rs3.00 Lakhs as mentioned by you.
You are right in the Mathametics part,there is 1 very vital point we tend to overlook while trading in Futures that is undercapitalization.That is the reason why i said that 3 Lacks seems OK.

Vinod ji
Yes you are doing a great job.You are inculcating discipline in the trading to the forum members which is very important.We should never be greedy and at the same time have fear.We have to be cool and professional.That way mechanical system of trading is of great help.Even new entrants into the stock market can follow the system and be comfortable.Keep it up !!!

Nandakumar

Dear friends i want to trade nifty future from monday with share khan. Can u guid what r the requirements to start this I mean how much money should be in the account.....can one trade nifty future on intraday basis....

regards.

U

uasish

Dear friends i want to trade nifty future from monday with share khan. Can u guid what r the requirements to start this I mean how much money should be in the account.....can one trade nifty future on intraday basis....

regards.
1st go thru Vinod's full thread to find out what is the Max Drawdown,in this system say X ,then to put additional order for Stop / Exit etc ;many broker need equal amount Margin ,if so Allocate another 2 more orders Margin Amount,then find out the ATR of your Time frame or the Stop's distance from Entry in Vinod's Sysem,multiply that by 3.5 (to be in safer side).On this total amount Add the Max Loss you can digest in each contract in 10 Trades.(I can assure you One Can Not get more than 9 consequetive Loss,atleast in last 6 yrs trading everyday, this is my finding.)
Bingo you go it,go ahead,best of Luck.

Hi Vinod/Uasish,

First of all, Let me thank both of you for your contribution. I was going through Vinod's system and simulated my trade side by side for the 1st 3 months in 2007. Used Vinod's excel sheet for the year 2007, applied my support and resistance and then day by day moved ahead with as much caution as possible.
I am attaching the excel sheet for your comment / advice. :)

Regards
Nitin

Thanx uashish for ur reply.......will go through the whole thread. Can we trade nifity intraday. I mean if i bought nifty future then one can close his position on the same day?

Thanx uashish for ur reply.......will go through the whole thread. Can we trade nifity intraday. I mean if i bought nifty future then one can close his position on the same day?
Hi Sillu,

I will take the opp to answer ur query :) . Yes you can trade nifty intraday. Many broker charge only the half brokerage incase you square off the position on the very same day.

You dont need to do select anything extra for intraday ( as for stocks, in ICICIDirect, you have to use Margin thing ). Just square off on the same day or carry over....your choice.

Regards
Nitin

columbus

Hi Sillu,

I will take the opp to answer ur query :) . Yes you can trade nifty intraday. Many broker charge only the half brokerage incase you square off the position on the very same day.

You dont need to do select anything extra for intraday ( as for stocks, in ICICIDirect, you have to use Margin thing ). Just square off on the same day or carry over....your choice.

Regards
Nitin
Sometimes you lose the REAL action if you go for INTRADAY square-off because the orders will be SQUARED OFF at around 3.15 depending on the brokerage house.I feel better to pay the NORMAL brokerage so that you order will not be squared off FORCIBLY.

Status
Not open for further replies.