NIFTY FUTURE For November 5,

Current position : Nil

Nifty Fut Closed at : 3161.90

Net Profit/Loss since thread started : +1586.00

Support : 3017
Resistance : 3186

Happy Trading.

Vinod
Vinod when are you planning to take positions, I still remember when thread was in + 2000 pts. profit, after a large loss you have just stopped taking positions and missed what could have been the Best trading month to be seen in whole of the year

nadodav

Vinod when are you planning to take positions, I still remember when thread was in + 2000 pts. profit, after a large loss you have just stopped taking positions and missed what could have been the Best trading month to be seen in whole of the year
yes, thats true. once we out of system, it is difficult to re-enter when a SL range is around 150+ points. I am not trading because of higher SL range. it doesn't make sense to trade mechanically with higher SL range because if we encounter 4-5 loss making trades than we will have a loss of 800-1000 points in no times. so i am still waiting to narrow down range atleast 100-120 points
or look for low risk trades by entering long near support or short near resistance.

Vinod

nadodav

NIFTY FUTURE For November 6,

Nifty Fut Closed at : 2991.65

Net Profit/Loss since thread started : +1586.00

Support : 2917
Resistance : 3114

I will go LONG near 2930 with SL 2905.

Happy Trading.

Vinod

nadodav

NIFTY FUTURE For November 7,

Nifty Fut Closed at : 2887.9

Net Profit/Loss since thread started : +1561.00

Support : 2878
Resistance : 3011

Happy Trading.

Vinod

yes, thats true. once we out of system, it is difficult to re-enter when a SL range is around 150+ points. I am not trading because of higher SL range. it doesn't make sense to trade mechanically with higher SL range because if we encounter 4-5 loss making trades than we will have a loss of 800-1000 points in no times. so i am still waiting to narrow down range atleast 100-120 points
or look for low risk trades by entering long near support or short near resistance.

Vinod
..which means your position sizing is not appropriate. It DOES NOT matter whether your stops are 200 point or 100 points away, since your risk per trade is FIXED.

Say you have a capital of 10 lakh and risk 2% on each trade...

now (1) if stop is 200 points...your position size is 20000/200=100 ie 2 lots
(2) if stop is 100 points...your position size is 20000/100=200 ie 4 lots

:eek::eek:...dont tell me you donot position size on each trade...as not doing would make the strategy fail..no matter how good your indicators are.

Also..I saw your post..where you took a trade with a stop of 25 points. Do you think that the range/volatility has reduced so much??.

I have a lot more questions on your strategy..but let me get your perspective on the above questions first. This post is just out of curiosity to understand the method you follow, and not a criticism or a suggestion to what you shd do. My apologies in advance if this hurts you in any way.

Thanks a lot for your time and efforts,
Rakesh

GTji

You can enter with a stop loss of even 5 points if you know the SAR is 5 points away, in which case you can enter with all your lots. Will there be anything wrong with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.