NIFTY Futures Mechanical Trading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunil

Are you sure? I think you have not seen the 'Cash for vote' videos on CNN IBN and the drama during trust vote.
Koi desh perfect nahin hota...
humein usse perfect banana padta hain...
- RANG DE BASANTI

right from USA's President's sex-scandal (monica) to Zimbabwe's 1000% inflation rate....
no country is a perfect place to live...
So, let's strive in this life from HIM, and for HIM, and be content with what we have, so that when our time comes, we get the citizenship visa of HIS country - HEAVEN.

GOD BLESS OUR NATION

(sincere apologies for this off-topic post, but just got emotional with optionstrader's & roameri's inspirational post)

Koi desh perfect nahin hota...
humein usse perfect banana padta hain...
- RANG DE BASANTI

right from USA's President's sex-scandal (monica) to Zimbabwe's 1000% inflation rate....
no country is a perfect place to live...
So, let's strive in this life from HIM, and for HIM, and be content with what we have, so that when our time comes, we get the citizenship visa of HIS country - HEAVEN.

GOD BLESS OUR NATION

(sincere apologies for this off-topic post, but just got emotional with optionstrader's & roameri's inspirational post)
wow great sunil u r really a true senti indian with a marvelous trader. My Salute to u:)

rkkarnani

HI Vinod Ji & Friends,

A few Thoughts :

H_ndu, Musl_m, S_kh, Chr_st_an, S_ndh_, Pars_, ...See how we loose our UN_TY when we forget..."I" for INDIAN...HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY IN ADVANCE

Regards,
Rajat
The only "I" that most of us remember is the " I " as for self, we are growing selfish by the minute!!!!

And lo and behold here on Traderji we have the majority of Seniors who share 'selflessly'!!!!
GOD bless India,God, Bless Traderji!!!!

nadodav

NIFTY FUTURE For August 19,

Current position : SHORT (at 4559 on 12/08/2008)

Nifty Fut Closed at : 4409.25

Profit/Loss in current trade : +149.75 (as per last closing price)
Net Profit/Loss since thread started : +2160.75 (2011.00+149.75)

Support : 4408
Resistance : 4474

Hold SHORT position with SL 4474. If trades above 4474, exit SHORT & go LONG with SL 4408.

Happy Trading.

Vinod

ANBE SHIVAM

dear vinodji
This is ultimately the best since i was blindly trading without trends.I am keenly tracking the thread .I have a dumb question please answer this.
If i have 1 lot a short position and after testing the resistance for more than 5 minutes,for closing this short & changing to long should i buy 2 lots of nifty.
second one is if i have bought 2 lots for creating a new long,then if nifty hits the support for more than 5 miinutes on the same day,should i close this 2 lot of long by selling 2 lot of nifty.

please clarify my basic doubt.:confused::D

Sunil

dear vinodji
This is ultimately the best since i was blindly trading without trends.I am keenly tracking the thread .I have a dumb question please answer this.
If i have 1 lot a short position and after testing the resistance for more than 5 minutes,for closing this short & changing to long should i buy 2 lots of nifty.
second one is if i have bought 2 lots for creating a new long,then if nifty hits the support for more than 5 miinutes on the same day,should i close this 2 lot of long by selling 2 lot of nifty.

1. You have 1 lot in short position

2. Your stop & reverse level is hit, so you want to close this short position & you want to enter a long position. As you rightly said, this is achieved by giving an order of buying 2 lots. Thus, now you will have only 1 lot balance in long position. (and not 2 lots - 1st one went for covering your earlier short)

3. Now, again if stop & reverse hits, you will have to close this 1 lot of Long position & enter a new short position by giving a sell order for 2 lots. This will again result in only 1 lot net short position.

nadodav

dear vinodji

when you buy two lots, one to close your short and one to go long. than your net position will be one lot LONG and not two lots. now if same day, market trades below support, than you have to sell two lots. one to exit long & another one to enter short. so again your position will be of one lot SHORT. There is no need to wait for 5 minutes. Insted either wait for 2-3 minutes or pointwise, wait for say 7 to 10 points and whichever occur first, change your positions. Usually i place my stoploss orders everyday after market settles, below/above 7 points of doubly qty to change my positions automatically so in any case due to technological problems like connectivity or electricity problems etc, atleast my positions gets changed in time.

Vinod

Last edited:

nadodav

NIFTY FUTURE For August 20,

Current position : SHORT (at 4559 on 12/08/2008)

Nifty Fut Closed at : 4390.05

Profit/Loss in current trade : +168.95 (as per last closing price)
Net Profit/Loss since thread started : +2179.95 (2011.00+168.95)

Support : 4361
Resistance : 4431

Hold SHORT position with SL 4431. If trades above 4431, exit SHORT & go LONG with SL 4361.

Happy Trading.

Vinod

Status
Not open for further replies.