NIFTY FIFTY

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMITBE

And then there is 2643 and 2634 further down.
That's it...no more numbers for now.
Logging out a while.

AMITBE

There was nothing in the air nor in the charts that gave a clue of the hard sell that began late afternoon and later spread panic. Every pertinent guage was on the side of winning, be it technical, fundamental, financial or economical, whether international or national.
The furious turnaround is just going to remain one of those mysteries, or quirks of the market and market operators. And opinions will be apleanty.
If I may sneak in mine, tracking the Nifty close all day, yes there was selling pressure once 2727 was charged but not taken, and several charges followed in a choppy kind of spell where the steam ran out each time around 2724. So it was not going to be an easy day for progress beyond 2720s, yet there was no call for a panic sellout either. My conclusion is of some operator activity selling heavily in index and derivative counters, seeking an opportunity at the lack of buying support at higher levels made visible by the volatility and choppiness at those levels. Panic, which is a function of memory and fear combined, would set in easily.
The question now is where to from here.
It's impossible to say.
The generally accepted cautious comments from the analysists is that this 'could' be the start of a corrective phase.
Maybe not, looking at the numbers, and I'll stick my neck out here and say, yes a mild pullback perhaps but no deep cuts yet, as of this morning. I'm daring to stick my neck out as I'm amongst my own here at the forum and know I'd be pardoned a mistake. We're learning, right? Then why fear mistakes! :)

2652 close is at a mark of strength, with 2643 and 2634 close behind. These are positions of good support.
If things go wrong, we'll look for deeper levels.
To the up it's important to take 2661-2679-2688, and we'll look for higher levels if we get there.

AMITBE said:
There was nothing in the air nor in the charts that gave a clue of the hard sell that began late afternoon and later spread panic. Every pertinent guage was on the side of winning, be it technical, fundamental, financial or economical, whether international or national.
The furious turnaround is just going to remain one of those mysteries, or quirks of the market and market operators. And opinions will be apleanty.
If I may sneak in mine, tracking the Nifty close all day, yes there was selling pressure once 2727 was charged but not taken, and several charges followed in a choppy kind of spell where the steam ran out each time around 2724. So it was not going to be an easy day for progress beyond 2720s, yet there was no call for a panic sellout either. My conclusion is of some operator activity selling heavily in index and derivative counters, seeking an opportunity at the lack of buying support at higher levels made visible by the volatility and choppiness at those levels. Panic, which is a function of memory and fear combined, would set in easily.
It's impossible to say.
The generally accepted cautious comments from the analysists is that this 'could' be the start of a corrective phase.
Maybe not, looking at the numbers, and I'll stick my neck out here and say, yes a mild pullback perhaps but no deep cuts yet, as of this morning. I'm daring to stick my neck out as I'm amongst my own here at the forum and know I'd be pardoned a mistake. We're learning, right? Then why fear mistakes! :)

2652 close is at a mark of strength, with 2643 and 2634 close behind. These are positions of good support.
If things go wrong, we'll look for deeper levels.
To the up it's important to take 2661-2679-2688, and we'll look for higher levels if we get there.

Thanks for Regular Update :)

AMITBE

Most interestingly the Nifty is playing along certain levels being mentioned for the last few sessions.
Nearing 2697 yet again, and a close around here puts us back into the trend again.

AMITBE

AMITBE said:
Most interestingly the Nifty is playing along certain levels being mentioned for the last few sessions.
Nearing 2697 yet again, and a close around here puts us back into the trend again.
Barring the fact that we are almost 48 points up already and have just about 15 minutes left, if 2701 is taken, a last minute charge to 2707 cannot be ruled out.
Difficult seeing the time left, yet possible.

AMITBE

AMITBE said:
Barring the fact that we are almost 48 points up already and have just about 15 minutes left, if 2701 is taken, a last minute charge to 2707 cannot be ruled out.
Difficult seeing the time left, yet possible.
2705 is as high as the charge went, short by 2 points.
Good show.

karthikmarar

AMITBE said:
It's impossible to say.
Bravo..my Friend...great going...

regards

Karthik

AMITBE said:
After two down days early last week and then bouncing strongly the next four, on the face of it the Nifty appears to gain further ground in this arm of the rally.
Somewhere along the line we would and should be looking for a correction same as last week, the benefits of which are so vivid. The virtue of correction in a proportionate manner cannot be emphasised enough if higher levels are to be achieved and sustained.
The players may have learnt this the hard way, and it gets difficult to suggest when and where profit taking would emerge. Possibly more frequently than has been the case in the recent past.
In the short run the trend appears to want to gain further, though the sharp move that came on Saturday's truncated session needs to be validated today. For me this is primary aspect for today.

Also at these levels one would be cautious of increased volatility at selling pressure, yet this is barely the beginning of the new F&O contracts and the price discovery would take some moves in either direction to set in. However, be cautious even though panic selling would hardly be the concern just yet.

If Saturday's move is to be validated, 2697 has to be taken and sustained as above this the Nifty would have turned another important corner and if so, should head for 2707 being the immediate target. If 2697 is not taken, it is likely to impart some temporary weakness with a pull back to 2661 and 2652.
This is valid for the next few sessions too.
The immediate supports are at 2679-2670-2652.
wow i could not believe it
u already anticipated the correction like last week which is over today

AMITBE

kkrish68 said:
You love this don't you :) Keep going my friend and thank you for giving us an opportunity to learn along with you. Warm regards Kishore
karthikmarar said:
Bravo..my Friend...great going...
regards Karthik
kaka said:
wow i could not believe it
u already anticipated the correction like last week which is over today
Thanks Kishore, Karthik and Kaka...
Thanks for bringing up the Monday post here Kaka, which about sums up what I have been writing here recently on the magic and mystery of numbers.
Twice in the last three sessions the Nifty has closed at 2698, hovering over 2697 being the level where it would have turned a corner...and a difficult corner it has proven to be yet.
2727 was hit with a severe reaction. 2652 closed Wednesday and 2643 tested yesterday.
This is just about numbers.

But somewhere along the line these numbers need to find resolution. Resolution is same as saying 'over and done with'.
This particular set of numbers has been holding the Nifty captive for some time and it needs to get over it.
Behavioural patterns, as psychologists discover, are broken when the need and the compulsion for them are resolved. The patterns are essential while difficult lessons are being learnt, and become cumpulsive and addictive when growth and progress stop.
Taking it forward from there, even if in abstraction, the Nifty now would have to get past this number orb in one or the other direction.
Either take out 2727-2736 to get into a different zone, or get back below 2634 and relearn things a bit.

Karthik has pointed out the bearish divergence in the Nifty on his favourite indicator, Trix.
I am an ardent student of TA, and find that all that TA deals with is essentially a most cerebral process. Meaning cold data is the basis for analysis and the indicators feed off the data. It's a very evolved and complex science yes, but for now I'm going with my numbers number! :)

So again the strength has been tested to the down, with a sharp pullback, and yet again things are poised at the trigger at 2697 to retest the highs, and get tested they will.
The numbers have not changed: 2707-2713-2717 are first to be taken for 2727 and beyond.
The support levels are all mentioned in the preceding posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.