NIFTY FIFTY

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkjha30

ravi1967 said:
hai pankajji, this week has been highly volatile.Can we take this weeks chart's trends and predict?. maybe other external factors need to be considered.i was watching an interview telecast in Bloomberg,this evening, where a senior analyst of Morgan Stanley predicting that Dow and Nasdaq have yet to reach the bottom, and this bull run was temporary. But he added that ASIA has reached its bottom, with heavy slides and now looking up. He mentioned about Japan, saying that Nikkei recovery was supported by earnings outlook.Does'nt that mean that India is also in the same boat, with recovery in sight?.hope we are in the recovery mood!!!
bye
ravi
First of all no " ji " please. I am barely able to withstand dada :D which czar insists on calling me.

so drop that. just pankaj. By the way that is my real name and no alias.

Volatality is the way of the market But for that risk would not have existed.

I feel that on sensex our range will be around 9000 to 10500. At every rise we will see selling coming in. Further people who lost much will be aggresive in short term calls and at every dip they will purchase and at every rise they will sell till their capital is rebuilt again. Such volatality will deter common investors for quite some time having burned their fingures once. So there will be no new money coming in from retail investors. This will lengthen the recovery and will aid in the process of consolidation. I feel if it is over in three months and we are on track to 15000 (you have seen how euphoric sensex could be) we will be extremely lucky. This situation will become clear during earning seasons when first quarter results will support or deny concerns of inflation and slowing growth.

It is a known fact that money supply affects the consumption pattern and thereby earnings of the companies and slows growth and reduces income thus limiting further consumption inculcating saving habits and thus further slowing growth and so on...... in a spiralling pattern. It becomes a self-fulfilling promise. So kickstart the economy you need to infuse cheap money which inflates economy and slowly baloon becomes unsustainable and deflates again.This is what happened since 1985 till 1995.

However now factors are different. With largest ever foreign currency reserves we are also growing in a real term. It only needs to spread to masses.

If that assumption is correct then 9650 could be our bottom and we may not go down that average figure on a monthly basis. Once consequent volatality is over market will surely resume its upward tren and that should happen in after secon quarter earnings are in ( with monsoon factored in and economy generally picks up in festival seasonsa with lot of buying and happy days) We are afterall human beings.

Lastly the question of recovery does not come. Prices are at the level of Jan 2006 when ramping up was started. So it is a question of consolidation only. People are hurt as they didn't understand the market and went beyond their means to leverage it and got scalded.

Pankaj:)

hai pankaj(..), i saw cnn money report that says india inflation is on rise and intrest rates are to be hiked.but as already said in another forum, have'nt the market discounted this with the fall to 2860 levels, twice over. so i feel that they (FII's) are averaging good stocks they already own. in bloomberg website today, they are advertising India Exchange Traded fund.so nice way to have bought cheap MSCI stocks.!!!. Indian investors will again flock to the markets.Mexico has seen a 6% jump today .(first in the last 6 years). even commodities are slowly moving up.so i think we are in for consoladation/mild bull run, which may take nifty upto 3300 levels next week.
bye
ravi

pkjha30

Hi ravi

Market always discounts bad and buildsin good news. Reverse Repo rate has already been hiked. PC indicated that it might not be necessary again.
Mild dose of inflation is always good for economy.We are more affected by USA than mexico. But it is your conviction. I believe we will be range bound (consolidating). But never believe sensex. Can do wild things. but next week 3300 for nifty?? Let us see.

Pankaj:)

C

Czar

dada: well you analyse our market big brother so have to call you dada

Interest: I would'nt be so sure that it has been factored in as fii's have been scearming about our inflation levels even without factoring the fuel damage, recently when US hiked rates & EU followed but we dint, I remember the US scolding India for not doing as it was required, so we followed suite... now if they make more noise, I expect our further hiked when US does so...

Mexico: jump was y'day, today its a % odd up...

discounted factors: In an uptrend all bad news are discounted & in a downtrend all +ve news are discounted...old jungle saying...

Volatility: Sebi today announced something on that to controll day traders... someone please check & explain, what golmall they did...

jdm

pkjha30 said:
If that assumption is correct then 9650 could be our bottom and we may not go down that average figure on a monthly basis.
yeah, if you look at the 30 minute graph (attached) the sensex may correct to fill the gap around 9600 levels.

the pull back will be atleast, 50% of the correction which gives a target of 10700 levels in the near term.

its too early to say whether we are in a bull or in a bear phase. let the dust settle, the picture will get clearer. to my opinion, the bulls are still standing tall. the only dark area remains the market breath.

with such volatility and 9 trading days left for F&O expiry, looks like we are heading for some rocking times ahead.

Attachments

Czar said:
Volatility: Sebi today announced something on that to controll day traders... someone please check & explain, what golmall they did...
SEBI's website has no report on this. Today's press release & public notices are on denial about Damodran asking investors to hold, something about Anagram Securities and about Konkan Tyres Ltd.

C

Czar

but cnbc was bragging about some daytraders margins to be impose for risk control & that too to be revised 5 times a day...darn what that means...

shrinivas

Czar said:
but cnbc was bragging about some daytraders margins to be impose for risk control & that too to be revised 5 times a day...darn what that means...
that's a part of risk management friend...sebi woke up after this drastic fall... what they mean is brokers (IB,Sharekhan,HDFC,ICICI etc) would again and again (5 times a day), keep on telling you about your losses (margin losses)....

ganeshhity

Hi Pankaj,
I too feel that Sensex & Nifty will be rangebound. Sensex has a gap which has to be filled up, there are very many individual index stocks where there are gaps which has to be either filled up or just filled. But most of the stocks are just out of the oversold situation and none of the stocks are overbought. Markets to run away from here needs substantial buying across the board, and I feel still that conviction of buying spree is not come yet. So the only other two possibilities are it should be rangebound (consolidation) or again start a round of bearish trend. As the quarterly results season is nearing again another bout of massive selling may not be there. So most probably sensex and nifty should be range bound till the results season starts.

SGM

Giridhar Gowravajhal said:
Hi Pankaj,
I too feel that Sensex & Nifty will be rangebound.

So most probably sensex and nifty should be range bound till the results season starts.
Range bound is ok, but with this kind of range (9k -10.5/11K) its like we are doing a years travel in a week.

Markets seems to be playing it out in fastforward mode.
Volatility is the name of the Game, may be its football season so 5 days of action, needs to be packed in 90 minutes of play .....

Regards
Sanjay

Status
Not open for further replies.