Never give up in Life but it's good to give up in Trading..

That could also be the reason..
But from my point of view I cannot trust anyone without checking ledger report myself after seeing so much lies in this industry..
Well, it is a public forum. Understandable why one would have qualms about posting ledger. So, in a public forum we generally tend to take people's claims at face value, unless proved otherwise.

When and if Pradeep returns to this thread, maybe he will comment about showing you his ledger. Or maybe you can arrange a personal visit to him offline for the purpose. Whatever.

Please remark that the members have taken your claims at face value and offered their sincere comments/ advice etc. No one has asked you to post your ledger.

Now, that's an idea. Why not post your ledger here and the let the members analyse it ?

@Raj354u

Can you please share your ledger where it can be seen that you have lost the money ?
I just want to see your average profits vs your average losses.
Obviously if you don't want to share then do not share.:)
Great minds think alike :D. I posted the same thought nearly at the same time.

Raj354u

So now you guys want to see ledger of a trader who himself is claiming is not making any money...
All of us want to see pradeep's ledger as he claims he is making money so that it can be helpful to all of us which makes sense...
how my loss is going to help you guys??? Aren't doing revenge trading here..

Pradeep Narayan

@timepass
I have already mentioned in my earlier posts that I have come across a very experienced trader in fact 4-5 of them who told me money cannot be made from trading in the long run..but I was very stubborn then...thinking in my mind I am smart, i will work hard and prove everyone wrong.. like most newcomers are thinking right now...We humans feel immense satisfaction in proving others wrong and in being successful..and being that rare 5% who makes money...some of you might have heard 95% traders lose money only 5% makes it....but with experience you realise that these 5% who makes money are not traders...they are brokers,software,books,tips sellers,exchange,govt,market makers,etc...These are those 5% who really make money by fooling other 95%..
The only retailers who makes money are long term investors or traders who don't accept losses and carry forward their positions by trading only in cash...
OK... the 5 wise men are correct! Money cannot be made from trading in the long run.
Please tell me have you understood the way I view Risk, especially when considering leverage. Put forth your views, I am sure it will help all here to grasp this simple point.

And I will not show my ledger, neither do I need to see yours.

Trader987

The Disciplined Trader
So now you guys want to see ledger of a trader who himself is claiming is not making any money...
All of us want to see pradeep's ledger as he claims he is making money so that it can be helpful to all of us which makes sense...
We are asking for your ledger because your ledger will help the forum members to come up with the reason for your loss.
It is not revenge but helping :)

Presumptuous to claim that "all of us" want to see Pradeep's ledger. No one else has asked him for it, nor is this thread about that.

This thread is about you wanting to "help" the other traders with your experiences as a loser in the market. The ledger would be the embodiment of your experiences.

Would be willing to share your ledger for, say, the last 1 year of your trading if a number of members asked for it ?

And I will not show my ledger, neither do I need to see yours.
Pradeep, I understand that you are unwilling to post your ledger here in a public forum. But would you be willing to show it to him offline if he were to visit you personally ? Maybe if offered some appropriate fees to you for it, would you be kind enough to oblige him ?

Pradeep Narayan

Pradeep, I understand that you are unwilling to post your ledger here in a public forum. But would you be willing to show it to him offline if he were to visit you personally ? Maybe if offered some appropriate fees to you for it, would you be kind enough to oblige him ?
TP, what purpose does looking at other's ledger serve? You know that the only purpose would be a ego boost or ego bruise. Instead let me show a practical application of leverage (may be this will help someone):

Lets assume 100 Rs. as fund available & 10x as leverage.
Now assume we trade SAIL today. The previous close was 84.8. Since market is down, we expect to short at open which is 78.

Method 1:
Cash available: 100
Margin available: 100 x10 = 1000
No. of shares = 1000/78 = 12.82 or 12 shares
Max loss =10
Hence SL = 10/12 or .83 Rs. away (at 78.80)

Method 2:
Entry price: 78
Stop Loss: 78.8 (or 1%)
Max Loss: 10
No. of shares: 10/.8 = 12.5 or 12 shares

Question is, which is correct Method 1 or Method 2, in determining the position size.

suri112000

I have few reasons why money cannot be made trading in the long run.

1. I feel tired of starring at screen.
****Mentally and physically should be sound.
2. I feel stressed due to emotional doldrums.
*****Reduce the betting size to the minimum.
3. Above two points, force me to trade big to earn money in minutes.
*****Reduce further the betting size.
4. I am sloppy in executing the trades thus missing many opportunate trades.
***** switch your timeframe to probably daily or weekly.
5. I am into the mode of hoping when my mental stop loss is taken out and the actual trade is not closed.
***** A bad trading habit. Feel no ego in closing the loosing trade.
6. Instead I tend to average the loosing trade.
***** Your ledger reflects the actual figures.