nac Calling JOBBERS/SCALPERS

:) Nice question... I was expecting this for a long time. But I couldn't comment on this. Don't take it as I am refusing to reply..
Wanted to ask/say that a long time ago, since I presume the "proprietary trading job" which you did wasn't a jobbing and you were good at that (if not great), but then i stopped myself saying, who am i to tell you "what to trade", at best i can share some of my learnings which has come at best from the school of hard knocks.

. Already I am getting slapped left and right and I am psychologically dull not in a position to take all the comments as I was a month ago.
Please accept my humble apologies if one of those slaps were from me. I never intended that, it's just that people come to market, loose some money and ego, get heartbroken and quit trading for their life, maybe they were just around the corner on their U turn. This is the hardest thing and I want to stop everyone possible from quitting (this sometimes necessitates few slaps but it is to show them the road ahead)

You don't believe me...

I was scared to open this thread last few days, especially last weekend while I was getting too much slaps. My heart was pounding as if I am taking bigger size position while typing my TJ id and password (thinking who would dropped by and what would have written about me)
Apologies again.

Maybe it's a kinda funny when others read. But that was how I felt.
[/QUOTE]
It is not funny, it is never funny to see another trade dying. At best it is intolerable. Everyone (i mean everyone) who is successful today (not only trading but every field) has gone thru' such phases and if they say they haven't then they are either lying or son of amitabh bachchan. Will it give you any consolation if I say even Saint has gone few months ending in RED.

Nac, I hope following video gives you the much needed motivation (it is one of my personal favorite videos on motivation)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QbgOGnbxDo

Jobbing done by algo these days. i don't know if individual can keep up with it.
I agree that the number of algo trades have gone up but then what surprises me is Look at US markets, i don't think any other market has more algo/program trades than US, but still a plethora of jobbers have flourished and some of them are million dollar jobbers.

Am i missing some info ?

I would like to know from Jobbers, what is it mostly you guys look at : Mismatch in market movement, Off-Balance Trade book (ie. Tape data showing inconsistency), arbitrage oppurtunity, Large orders, 00's effect .... excuse my ignorance if any.

Friends, on this subject of jobbing carrier, you have to calculate at the end how much money you will make. I am telling you this thing because, many want to take this as carrier, so I want all you rich experienced people in this field for many years to throw light on the following quarries:

1. In a single day how much time can you work continusly i means how many hours
2. How many full trades (buy and sell or sell and buy) can you make in a day
3. How much max profit you can make in a day (Thinking that you have high capitial and there is no problem of upper limit on quantity you can trade) as there is a limit of quantity you can handel for jobbing
4. All days are not same in the market hence many days should be not fitted to your jobbing method. In such days, you may not do or do less jobbing so your earning will reduce. So how much can you earn in one month, taking such days also.

I think this is very important for you to count how much you will earn max in a month because you cannot increase this business for ever as other trading methods (not jobbing trading methods).

Every body kindly share your feeling on the above points so we all can benifit.

Thanks and best luck

Im Jeffry I regularly watch this post its intresting, occasionally i post.
Im an equity dealer in a reputed company. I job in my friends ac in commodities (esp copper). Today im not going to office so im posting.

1. I sit between 6 - 9.30. I used to take breaks, after small breaks i tend to lose my concentration and make some loss. afteer 2 -3 loss i ll stop jobbing. i watch.

2. Average 200 trades.

3,4. margin required for copper is around Rs 17000. Account has Rs 20000.
Once i got Rs 22470 (more than 100%)thats my highest so far single day. On an avg i get 5000-6000. Once i got Rs 1000 on single trade thats my highest for single trade. Yes not all days are similar depends on ur mood, tired on some days, market tends to be choppy, scolding from mom for sitting all day b4 comp, girl friends call, etc...

i ve already posted few post i didnt get any reply so i was dormant all these days.

I think this is very important for you to count how much you will earn max in a month because you cannot increase this business for ever as other trading methods (not jobbing trading methods).

For me its is not important how much i get, I just love to job thats all. Next day I will see my contract note thats all.

I agree that the number of algo trades have gone up but then what surprises me is Look at US markets, i don't think any other market has more algo/program trades than US, but still a plethora of jobbers have flourished and some of them are million dollar jobbers.

Am i missing some info ?

I would like to know from Jobbers, what is it mostly you guys look at : Mismatch in market movement, Off-Balance Trade book (ie. Tape data showing inconsistency), arbitrage oppurtunity, Large orders, 00's effect .... excuse my ignorance if any.
I said I don't know, and I really dont know. But I think gradually it will become redundant(i.e. manual jobbing). Also most of the brokes there provide for it, interactive broker allows it even for indian markets. I don't see why anyone should do manually the same thing which can be fully automated.
please enlighten me.

anuragmunjal

Also most of the brokes there provide for it, interactive broker allows it even for indian markets. I don't see why anyone should do manually the same thing which can be fully automated.
please enlighten me.[/QUOTE]

hi Sanjay

did not get ur point, what are interactive brokers providing for Indian mkts.?

regards

Anurag

Friends, on this subject of jobbing carrier, you have to calculate at the end how much money you will make. I am telling you this thing because, many want to take this as carrier, so I want all you rich experienced people in this field for many years to throw light on the following quarries:

1. In a single day how much time can you work continusly i means how many hours
2. How many full trades (buy and sell or sell and buy) can you make in a day
3. How much max profit you can make in a day (Thinking that you have high capitial and there is no problem of upper limit on quantity you can trade) as there is a limit of quantity you can handel for jobbing
4. All days are not same in the market hence many days should be not fitted to your jobbing method. In such days, you may not do or do less jobbing so your earning will reduce. So how much can you earn in one month, taking such days also.

Every body kindly share your feeling on the above points so we all can benifit.

Thanks and best luck

Im Jeffry I regularly watch this post its intresting, occasionally i post.
Im an equity dealer in a reputed company. I job in my friends ac in commodities (esp copper). Today im not going to office so im posting.

1. I sit between 6 - 9.30. I used to take breaks, after small breaks i tend to lose my concentration and make some loss. afteer 2 -3 loss i ll stop jobbing. i watch.

2. Average 200 trades.

3,4. margin required for copper is around Rs 17000. Account has Rs 20000.
Once i got Rs 22470 (more than 100%)thats my highest so far single day. On an avg i get 5000-6000. Once i got Rs 1000 on single trade thats my highest for single trade. Yes not all days are similar depends on ur mood, tired on some days, market tends to be choppy, scolding from mom for sitting all day b4 comp, girl friends call, etc...

i ve already posted few post i didnt get any reply so i was dormant all these days.
hi,
can u please provide some more info. jobbing in commodities market.
which commodities are best for jobbing? wat timings are suitable?
any particular strategies that u follow?

Also most of the brokes there provide for it, interactive broker allows it even for indian markets. I don't see why anyone should do manually the same thing which can be fully automated.
please enlighten me.
hi Sanjay

did not get ur point, what are interactive brokers providing for Indian mkts.?

regards

Anurag[/QUOTE]

One can autotrade using custom software or some software like amibroker.