let's discuss-"THE BEST INTRADAY DATA PROVIDER"

I have been a subscriber of Market data Provider for nearly a year and find that their realtime intraday data is not consistent. Here are the issues:

- Data does not start updating at exact time market opens. The opening bar/candle formation is different when compare to other service providers.

- So called tick based data appears to be sampled at a low frequency, giving less accurate candle formations. For example a price upmove which happens in two bars can end up being shown as just one bar in MDP. This is really a problem when you are trading intraday and want an entry in a rapidly moving market.

- Data updation stops inexplicably and their support team needs to be informed about such an occurence. They do not detect or fix it automatically. Have lost 20-45 minutes of trading time 2-3 times a month.

- Backfill data can change your candle formations as it is different from their realtime data. This plays havoc with your historical data as you see the cumulative calculations of profit going haywire.

- You can do only one backfill every 2 minutes as they seem to have imposed this restriction recently.

- Their support is only via chat. This is a major issue. You cannot have any serious discussion with anyone senior from their team about operational issues.

Its a pity, their updation software is amongst the lightest available, but when the data is not complete, I wouldnt recommend them for the serious trader.

Have used Investbulls as an alternative to MDP, and find that their data quality is good and does not have the issues mentioned above. However, they provide realtime data for a select number of scrips and futures only. They provide EOD data for all scrips from NSE/BSE and all NSE futures. Good for traders who mainly trade in the main market indices and scrips. THums up for their services and simple and easy to use software.

Realtimedataexpress is anothe data provider. Have used their excellent software in the past for updates from Yahoo Finance. As Yahoo data is delayed, you cant use that source for intraday purposes. However, if you are a position trader, then RTDE data with Yahoo will be fine. They also have links to ODIN and other trading software. Have no experience of that interconnectivity.

Realtimedataexpress is anothe data provider. Have used their excellent software in the past for updates from Yahoo Finance. As Yahoo data is delayed, you cant use that source for intraday purposes. However, if you are a position trader, then RTDE data with Yahoo will be fine. They also have links to ODIN and other trading software. Have no experience of that interconnectivity.
ur reviews are great

what is the feed u are using now?

give us more feedback

fxgood

Have a look at

www.cbloomnews.net

thought its nice, i like to use exe based platform more than web based for my trading comfort but i use this web based now for back up tool for my RT needs

RT Data for All Cash Stock

Hi,

I have checked with most of the data providers but no one seems to provide RT data for more than 250 stocks. Does any one know a data provide that provides Cash data for all the stocks that are traded in FnO? Even if it is not tick by tick its fine but at least should get 1 minute cash data for all FnO stock, about 750 in total.

I am looking for this in Metastock format and the data provider application should update all scripts automatically irrespective whether I have opened Meta stock or not? can any one suggest?

Ganesh

pkgmtnl

Re: RT Data for All Cash Stock

Hi,

I have checked with most of the data providers but no one seems to provide RT data for more than 250 stocks. Does any one know a data provide that provides Cash data for all the stocks that are traded in FnO? Even if it is not tick by tick its fine but at least should get 1 minute cash data for all FnO stock, about 750 in total.

I am looking for this in Metastock format and the data provider application should update all scripts automatically irrespective whether I have opened Meta stock or not? can any one suggest?

Ganesh
Please check up the RT data with Market-Data-Provider

Not sure about Meta , but Amibroker U can get streaming data automatically (in exploration mode) without having opening it.

Ask their Support about Meta, for more clarifications.