niftyoption

niftyoption

niftyoption

XRAY27

Manishchan reply

Reasons for fear of loosing money

1. I have earnt it the hard way
2. Its not easy money like inherited wealth
3. Althouogh I am saving a decent money but still I dont feel secure money wise its more to do with relative pooverty
4. Khaya pia kuch nahi glass toda barah aana; I am stupid enough to belive this maxim
5. I dont want to thrown out of the market by doing stupid mistakes
6. I suffer with high level of relative pooverty so dont want to loose
7. I fear for my small family in case I loose (whihch is again stupid enough coz my wife too works so i can afford a bit of risk)
8. I am stupid since I dont understand that downside is only 1lakh but the upsides is a whole new exciting career
9. I am using Price Action which is subjective so I am not yet sure of my methods while trading
10. Lastly I am risk averse by nature

Problem :

1. You know that risk is only 1 lakh and you can afford to loose, but still you are scared coz it is ur hard earned money.

2. You don't have a sure methods. This could mean that you will randomly make money and randomly loose too. Final outcome would be only Big Loss.

3. Risk averse by nature. This is not suited for traders. Every trade that you take is nothing but a the risk (of amount dt is ur stop loss)

Solution :

1. Must a plan/methods. If you are not willing to learn methods, then it's like shooting in the dark and dreaming of winning Olympic Gold Medal. Not going to happen !! So there is basically a lot to do.. learn methods, back test them to feel confident that they do work and then practice with small capital. This will help you get over with ur worries of loosing coz you know u hv a winning system. Remember this won't happen in days or months.. but only if you are ready to give time.

2. If you are starting from scratch, forget that 1 lakh. For all you know you might end up with more losses. Why ? Because it's a practice session.. where things can go out of control..and u are bound to loose. That is why plan it better. Be ready and accept the losses.. if you can't then better don't do it. Even a small restaurant business takes about 3-4 years to break even.. you can't expect trading to be consistently profitable from 1st month itself.

3. Being risk averse in nature is the biggest enemy for we traders. We human are defensive by nature.. our body and mind defends us from anything harmful/hurtful. The only way to get over this is to train your mind to be able to take losses. This will happen only when you know very well that the methods/systems you trade will give you profit in long run despite having few losses. But if you don't hv sure method then obviously you dnt know whether long run is profitable or not.

Bottomline:

Trading is like learning a music instrument..like becoming a painter, doctor or engineer. You can't listen to Pink Floyd for 1 month, learn to play some chords on guitar and hit the stage to perform a rock concert. Similar things with other professions too. U hv to treat Trading like any other business. Plan well.. understand what it takes and then do it !! I will, no doubt, will take time, effort and money.

These things have been repeatedly said by some very very experienced traders in this forum. If we want to be successful traders, we hv to embrace it.!

niftyoption

ICICI BANK - HOURLY - SPOT - RISING WEDGE

Status
Not open for further replies.