I Made 180% With PMS But Not Satisfied

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenneth

Thanks for the suggestions of reading. I found out that Intelligent Investor is a good book. I will start with that.

But a few other friends here suggested they did it in 30 minutes - 3 hours - please teach me. I want to do the same if possible.

Ken, I don't think my fund managers were all that smart. See based on what you say it is so easy to know that we should buy because stock has fallen so badly. I have a sense of intuition also which by just seeing the price tells me to buy or sell, don't you think this is good way to go about? Do other trader investors do same and follow gut feelings? All a person needs to do is track the stock price to know what is high and low. My PMS was managed by Yogesh Chabria and Panjwani of FAMS (Financial Asset Mange Simply). I don't think they are very big and for some strange reason don't advertise too much.

Also I didn't like the fact that they never met me personally, I only met some relationship managers - what is the use of PMS if they don't give privileged services and meet me when I want them to? I might as well keep in MF. I think the better PMS people give all sorts of privileges like special movies, clubs and lunches.

That can be main problem in copying them, that by the time they buy stock has gone up and by the time i sell it has gone down. But i think i still won't lose 40% - at most 5-10% change will be there.

I guess from what i am understanding here, no need to read anything just experience it by actually putting in money now and following TV/News, right?

If you saying me to just download internet software and trade - please suggest good broker for doing these things.
Hi Smkumar,

Whether your fund manager were that smart or not the result shows they have given you 180% return on your investment. but you are not happy because you think you have lost 40%. Have you really lost 40%? No. When you have gained 18 lakhs in a year why are you making yourself unhappy by thinking that they did not give you free lunches and movies. I think you should take your family and treat them and also enjoy yourself. Take your Corepathi friend who introduced you for a nice dinner.

It is nice that you have started reading Intelligent Investor. If you want to learn there are so many E-books available on Investment, Fundamental analysis Technical analysis and Money Management.

I told you what I thought will be good . If you think you have a sense of intuition go ahead fine. Find a good broker. see the high and low of a good stocks buy and sell them for profit and see what happens. Knowing High and low of a stock in a year is easy but it is not easy to Buy the bottoms and sell the tops. If a stock is coming down it must be having some reason and the market knows better than we do.

I told you about Jindal Steel because I know how the stick behaved. Read

Jindal Steel and Power (JSPL) moved up 6.19% to Rs 3910, and stood second among top gainers in A group. Earlier in July 2007, JSPL had signed a contract to exploit the vast El Mutun iron ore deposits in Bolivia. The deal set out an investment of $2.1 billion by JSPL to mine iron ore and make steel at the site in eastern Bolivia.
RAM
We strongly recommend a buy on Jindal Steel & Power at current levels with a target of 26069.00.

You will get news and targets like this when you are following the stock.

What you would have done if you had Jindal steel in your portfolio would you wait till it reached 26000 ?

Regards
Ken

Hardik - Please give me name of good broker only one. Don't brokers give advice/tips for free to clients? We need to share no profit with them. In my office I now asked people they said don't go for PMS as they will cheat you and make fool of your money. Is this true? With broker I think it is more transparent.

Ken - Thanks for the good advice, but I am very surprised to see how people here are not at all greedy. Come on, shouldn't we have more greed to become good and rich investors? Maybe you are saying to not think about 40% lost in fees, because you guys are already successful and rich investors/traders. But I will listen to advice of taking family and friend for good lunch. But don't you think it is duty of PMS managers to give client some good respect and take them for good movie/lunch and help them have some good enjoyment? Why else would other PMS companies be doing such things if not?

I am sure there are many other stocks like Jindal too, the newspaper is always giving tips (heard on the street and all) following that should be easy no?

Thanks very much for good advice to newcomer like me and helping me understand from your years of experience. May God bless you.

sumosanammain

Congrats to u for your achievement. But I was not as lucky as you are. It took me a lot of time and still I am learning.

However, when I first started I also thought I understood everything in less than an hour. Because at that time I thought it was just buying low and selling when the price goes up.

How easy I seemed then!!! Later I realized it is actually the very dynamics of the market that makes the newbies believe that they learned everything so early.

But please don't get me wrong. I did not mean to imply you are a newbie. You are just lucky and smart to learn the stock market so fast.
I was just joking buddy, been in the market for 12 years now, and still learning

rinku4142

if you have a car(money to invest) and you don't know driving(trading) then better hire a driver(portfolio manager) that doesn't mean the chances of accidents(equity drawdown) are zero but the risk would drastically down by good percent

D

darkstar

I used a PMS (Portfolio Management Service) that gave me 180% returns in a year. However, I am not happy because if I had managed my money and invested on my own, I wouldn't have to pay 40% to my PMS manager. This means I could have made much more returns.

I want to learn how I can start investing and what all things I need to know to get same returns. Can I quickly learn all this with one good book? I feel I ended up paying too much fees as in stock markets money can be made good. I had invested Rs. 10 lakhs in PMS. Now I have total of Rs. 28 lakhs to invest.
definetly u got 40 % more if u do your self but one thing u also get 80 % tention and 100% commitement so u get that kind of return other wise u get not that so much please provide me u r pms manger detail please describe him briefly .
waiting for u r reply
thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.