How to trade Commodities - Gold, Silver, Crude Oil, Natural Gas

Easier to Trade - Commodities or Indexes or Stocks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

EagleOne

I have given up on trading single stock futures.. worst market ever for trading stock futures.. focussing back on trading index futures has been a profitable and much more controlled risk play over the last 10 days.. but mostly giving up on trading equities altogether and focussing on commodities only.... even ramesh damani came on tv and mentioned that most people are not making money in these markets - investors, traders, arbitragers, bulls, bears, swing traders, day traders...
Arrey, yaar, nobody makes a great deal of money in index trading. It gives only chai-paani ke paise on day-to-day basis. Real fortune has alway been in stock trading...that too in positional trading.

And what more - let me be my usual blunt - you, who say it is worst market for trading, wouldn't be going very far in any kind of trading with that attitude. Because no matter what direction you take, eventually you would come face to face with this reality: that as long as you are a small fish (in intelligence or in account size or in both), you would just be a food item for the bigger fish. This is evolutional fact, sirji. You can't run away from it! :D

Read the following, and you would know what I am talking about:

...In a town in western Uttar Pradesh, an exhibitor is angry. He put down Rs 5 lakh as minimum guarantee (advances for likely revenues in individual territories) for Ra.One. In the first week, he recovered Rs 1.5 lakh, the next week after the negative word of mouth, the recovery depleted to Rs 50,000, and by the third week it was down to nought. The exhibitor is still recovering from the loss of nearly Rs 3 lakh and has not stopped cursing Shah Rukh Khan.

Back in Mumbai, Khan and his team planned a success party and a sequel, with chest-thumping full-page ads in dailies. After all, Ra.One, made on a budget of Rs 150 crore, recovered its expenses before its release by selling distribution rights for Rs 77 crore, satellite rights for Rs 35 crore and music rights for Rs 15 crore. An additional Rs 10 crore came in from the telecast rights for the music launch, Rs 5 crore from gaming rights and Rs 50 crore from the unprecedented number of brand tie-ups. By the time SRK and his team were done, not one person in India needed to watch Ra.One to contribute to its success.
...You see? Gordon Gekkos now rule the Bollywood, too! The world is a small place after all...:p

1. The Intelligent Investor - Benjamin Graham
2. Security Analysis by Warren Buffett - Benjamin Graham, David Dodd
3. Interpretation of Financial Statement - Benjamin Graham
These three would be good enough and are quite good for FA
:confused::confused::confused:
Bro you guys do so much hard work for trading?????????????

Guys anybody knowing substitute for GCI MT4 platform?...
in case GCI stops demo service for unlimited time...i mean any other MT4 based platform of any other broker which has Crude oil, Gold, Silver...?...

I Use XTB.. it has Nifty Gold Silver Copper Lead Aluminium Zinc Nickel Brent Crude (Not sure if WTI crude there or not), all Intl Fx pairs, S&P 500, etc etc

There are lots of broker who provide MT4 based quotes... just search for "MT4 broker + whatever product you want" in google

Last edited:
Arrey, yaar, nobody makes a great deal of money in index trading. It gives only chai-paani ke paise on day-to-day basis. Real fortune has alway been in stock trading...that too in positional trading.

And what more - let me be my usual blunt - you, who say it is worst market for trading, wouldn't be going very far in any kind of trading with that attitude. Because no matter what direction you take, eventually you would come face to face with this reality: that as long as you are a small fish (in intelligence or in account size or in both), you would just be a food item for the bigger fish. This is evolutional fact, sirji. You can't run away from it! :D

Read the following, and you would know what I am talking about:

...You see? Gordon Gekkos now rule the Bollywood, too! The world is a small place after all...:p

Aisa kuch nahi hai boss.. I am a nobody in the commodities mkt... but i make money there regularly.. as regards to big money not being made in index futures.. that issue was laid to rest in this past 10 days... i have done very well.. much better than i have ever done with stock futures.. I traded bank nifty futures actively and made a killing.. for me my case rests there... no more stock futures... only index futures

EagleOne

Aisa kuch nahi hai boss.. I am a nobody in the commodities mkt... but i make money there regularly.. as regards to big money not being made in index futures.. that issue was laid to rest in this past 10 days... i have done very well.. much better than i have ever done with stock futures.. I traded bank nifty futures actively and made a killing.. for me my case rests there... no more stock futures... only index futures
O, sirji, I failed to notice that you are an intra-day trader. My mistake, sorry...Therefore, just ignore what I said, thank you.

..Er, BNF did you say you have been trading? O, sirji, get some moti life insurance policy! BNF pehale chummiaan deti hai dabaa ke 2-1 hafte, and when you feel you got under its skin, BANG! Thappad, laat-ghoonso ki barsaat without any piror notice! So be careful! :lol:

O, ST bhai! Are you there? I am going offline till next weekend! You are an old hand in BNF, so keep an eye on this bhola panchee lest he falls flat at BNF's doorsteps one of these days and has his teeth knocked in!

:rofl:

All right, guys. Take care. Have nice time trading. ;):)

O, sirji, I failed to notice that you are an intra-day trader. My mistake, sorry...Therefore, just ignore what I said, thank you.

..Er, BNF did you say you have been trading? O, sirji, get some moti life insurance policy! BNF pehale chummiaan deti hai dabaa ke 2-1 hafte, and when you feel you got under its skin, BANG! Thappad, laat-ghoonso ki barsaat without any piror notice! So be careful! :lol:

O, ST bhai! Are you there? I am going offline till next weekend! You are an old hand in BNF, so keep an eye on this bhola panchee lest he falls flat at BNF's doorsteps one of these days and has his teeth knocked in!

:rofl:

All right, guys. Take care. Have nice time trading. ;):)
BNF has become much more sober these days. This is because lot of traders have started trading in BNF thus improving volumes, liquidity,sllippage and ease of execution.....earlier it was like a wild beast.....

But still one has to be very careful trading BNF as a swing of 300 points in a day is quite normal in BNF...and if you are caught on the wrong side of the trend and do not reverse quickly, things could be pretty ugly...so trade with strict stops and reversals....

But being volatile it gives tremendous trading opportunities.......I have seen day traders making 800 points in a week .....so it is a traders delight ( and nightmare too ......:D) :)

Smart_trade

Piyush...my special best wishes to you:). keep on repeating the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.