How to get Intraday Quotes using Medved Quotetracker for FREE

biggles

hi novice,

thanks for such a good facility. am in the process of installing it. i had searched the net for such a utility but they all had some limitation. tried so many of them, though.

those looking for EOD quotes may like to try out grafster, its arguably te best and its free, ie data downloader, not the charting.

regards

Hi, Soumya

I had seen many queries on how to use QuoteTracker with AmiBroker here. I am using AmiBroker 4.9 on windows XP sp. 2.(windows 2000 also i tested and ok) How i cofigured Ami is explained below.

1. Install quoteTracker and webupdate it. I had seen someone telling he is not gettig Nse in data sources list box. You will see NSE, KOtak Street, Moneypore, Navia Markets and MCX as data sources after web update. to web update select OPTIONS -> WEBUPDATE from the menu. Navia markets provides a backfill option too.

Create a new portfolio in QuoteTracker. Click on Menu Button on the Top Rigt of QuoteTracker and select Portfolios/Alerts. Select ur datasource (NSE) and add ur Nse symbols. Use QuoteTracker help for more information.

2. Create a new Database in Ami. FILE -> NEW -> DataBase and enter the name of New Databse. You should click Create button to configure the database.

3. Set Data source to QuoteTracker data plug-in and select Base time intervel as 1 minute.(time interval below 1 min will not be accepted by Ami for QuoteTracker). Also set number of bars to load. you may set no. bars to 10000.

4. Click on Intra Day settings button and in Intraday Settings under Per Database Settings set time shift to 10 hours. Actually we need 10.5 hours but Ami doesn't allow it. So there will be lag of 30 minutes. (I think QuoteTracker uses Eastern dayligt Saving time.) Click OK to save your settings.

Now Quotes will automatically flow int Ami (u should have started both Ami and QuoteTracker). The databse u connected to in Ami should be the new database created.

I failed to mention the MOST IMPORTANT part of configuring QuoteTracker. Make sure that your QuoteTracker has enabled QT HTTP server: Options->Edit Preferences : Misc tab: API Server Settings. Turn on the server if it is in off state. Do not change port and socket port settings. If you are using unregistered version of QuoteTracker make sure you click on ads often enough. When u click on the ads displayed in QT ur Ami will be automatically updated, but u have to do it many times during a day.

In Ami on DatabaseSettings window, click configure button and check the values for server port etc. QT Server IP - 127.0.0.1, QT server port - 16239. These are the default vaues and make sure both ur QT and Ami has the same values for these settings.

Regards