How much profit does a Full-time trader deserves in a Month?

How much return (% wise) is good for a Full-time trader.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sibu3168

Hello All,

I,ve read this thread and find it very interesting. First I have a query. I've more than 15 years of active trading knowledge in this market. Please don't take my words in otherway. It is my quest in this market to know some truth. In fact, does any body personally know any person as a full time trader who has made profit on consistent basis and follow trading for living. This word "trading for living" differentiate a pro from casuals. I want this answer very honestly. If your answer is yes, then which type of trader he is and for how many years he is trading and how much capital he has employed in the market? That person should not have any other means of living other than trading in his early years (possibly 2-3 years). I will share much of my experience in the later part. First I want a very honest answer to my question.
Thanks to all and happy trading.

Happy Dushera

Hello All,

I,ve read this thread and find it very interesting. First I have a query. I've more than 15 years of active trading knowledge in this market. Please don't take my words in otherway. It is my quest in this market to know some truth. In fact, does any body personally know any person as a full time trader who has made profit on consistent basis and follow trading for living. This word "trading for living" differentiate a pro from casuals. I want this answer very honestly. If your answer is yes, then which type of trader he is and for how many years he is trading and how much capital he has employed in the market? That person should not have any other means of living other than trading in his early years (possibly 2-3 years). I will share much of my experience in the later part. First I want a very honest answer to my question.
Thanks to all and happy trading.

Happy Dushera
Hello sibu3168,
First of all we salute ypur 15 years of trading career. You could have seen lot of up and downs. As you demanded honest answer for your query,
I have seen two people who are living on trading. What i mean is , they dont do other work. Their house rents , monthly expenditure, children education .. etc every thing from trading. They are swing traders in time frame is concerned. One mainly trade Nifty futures and other stocks regarding trading instrument is concerned.
There could be lot many traders living on trading, but we dont personally who they are. WE are all Online traders, we trade in Isolation, so it is not possible to know them personally. Of course lot many seniors in this forum are fulltime traders and trading since longer period. So it can be safely assumed that they are LIVING ON TRADING. My inference to this assumption is, If they are not profitable , they can not trade such longer period. It is not possible to continuously pump capital into trading accounts. Of course i may be wrong, but its my honest answer.
We want to listen from you as you are backed with 15 years of trading career.
Wish you all the best

How much one can earn in a month,year or what ever time cycle depends on a number of issues.1.You need to be disciplined in your style of trading.2.You need to have good money management techniques in place to protect your overall capital.3.Your stop loss strategy must always be firm.4.Let your profits run.5.Last but not least learn a system that you are comfortable with and can use in todays markets.

What a humiliating post by Damani. But it is the fact. Consistently earning is such great thing and surely it takes its toll.
I myself undergone Cardiac problem and found having Blockage in Left artery the disease is CAD. I was in ICU for 3 days in KIMS hospital , Hyderabad(iam Andhraite) after stent is placed to clear the blockage.
The doctors told that the blockages occur due to BP, BP occur due to improper lifestyle, such as sitting lot many hours and not having exercise and always stressed . Yes it all happened with me. I used to feel the tension 24x7. When my position is open , when iam closed , always thinking about market.
I taken 3 months gap to market and read Mark douglas book trading in the Zone repeatedly. I learned invaluable lesson. That is ACCEPTING RISK. Yes iam trading small and feeling less stressful. My losses are severely reduced. Iam blessed with occasional profits and iam hopeful of consitently earning in 2013.
The bottom line lot of humiliation one needs to attain mastery . This is not capital related issue, it is purely psychological.
OK, i pray the God for rejoining of Damanis family.
hello sunny sorry to hear your health damage.wish you speedy recovery.health is very precious.hope your success.and happy dasara:thumb:

How much one can earn in a month,year or what ever time cycle depends on a number of issues.1.You need to be disciplined in your style of trading.2.You need to have good money management techniques in place to protect your overall capital.3.Your stop loss strategy must always be firm.4.Let your profits run.5.Last but not least learn a system that you are comfortable with and can use in todays markets.
Hello crickter201,
Well said. You are absolutely correct. How much we earn by trading is tricky question and not a have plain answer. It depends on lot many things.
Have happy trading

hello sunny sorry to hear your health damage.wish you speedy recovery.health is very precious.hope your success.and happy dasara:thumb:
Hello bullnarsing, Thanks for your concern. The Cardiac problem i faced was in 2011 October. After placing stent iam OK now. There is no Angina or chest pain . I changed life style. daily exercise , avoiding fatty foods, etc .The biggest change is, iam trading very low. So that iam not worrying about losses. Iam not stressed as before. Iam learning accepting small losses as they are inevitable. You must live with them. It is said as" If rape is inevitable, better enjoy it ". So my focus is accepting small losses, so that profits they take care on their own.
Ok wish you happy trading

onlinegtrash

If a professional full time trader in commodities specially does not earn 50% and above it is waste to trade full time trading. If you are taking risk you deserve return. Ok i agree consistent %age cannot be defined but after gaining experience one can make money by using brain and tools available..By using RS 500000 one can make Rs 10000-30000 easily its my personal experience but you should dare to trade and stop-loss are also important.I use to trade 50-100 lots daily.3 lot at a time mostly, rs 5 and above per lot rs1500-3000 profit ,brokerage and other charger rs 180-210. Out of 20 such trade 10 -15 trade of profit, rest in stop-losses or small losses. During a month 2-3 days of losses too.SO its a experience which teach. When I started I am happy with Rs 100-500 daily now I reached a level where I can make easily rs 10000-20000 daily. For that I pay huge cost- lots of humiliation from over-smart stupid people, my wife divorced me when once I was about to bankrupt. But I continue to my goal. I sold my one small property and arrange money as no body is there to help. And now relaxed making good money but still missing my wife I love her very much. So nothing is impossible, you should keep faith on you and desire to learn.
wow! Here is a man who loves his wife even if she has left him and a woman who left such a great man for silly reasons! I feel sorry for your wife ! I think markets just reveal the reality about oneself and others much quickly and accurately!

Hello bullnarsing, Thanks for your concern. The Cardiac problem i faced was in 2011 October. After placing stent iam OK now. There is no Angina or chest pain . The Cardiac problem i faced was in 2011 October. After placing stent iam OK now. So that iam not worrying about losses. The Cardiac problem i faced was in 2011 October. After placing stent iam OK now. Iam learning accepting small losses as they are inevitable. You must live with them. It is said as" If rape is inevitable, better enjoy it ". So my focus is accepting small losses, so that profits they take care on their own.
Ok wish you happy trading
The Cardiac problem i faced was in 2011 October. After placing stent iam OK now:clap:::clap::clap::clap:
thanqs

sibu3168

Whatever I'll share here, It will be my point of view. It was a story of a trader and his journey towards finding

the real truth. First, I always tried to study the human psychology behind the trading. I'll gradually explain it in

this forum.

Journey towards trader'shood - My initial entry

First, I explain how did I get a trader instict inside me. I came to Delhi to appear for for competitive examination

(Indian Civil Service and I was from science background). In that process, Harsad Mehta scam had surfaced and the BSE SENSEX has crashed from 4400 to 1600 in couple of days. At that time, that fall had completely shaken the capital market as well as India. Till that time, I was less aware of capital market. Gradually some fascinating story about Harshad Mehta published in media. At this point of time, some interest towards stock market had been generated. In the later part of 1993, I shifted my room and started to stay with some students who were belong to commerce background (It was due to frustration for not qualifying for Civil Service Examination). At that time, IPOs were a craze. They applied to some IPOs from their pocket money. Sometimes they got allotment and sometimes they not. But whenever they got allotment, there was a mini party. First I couldn't understand all these things but gradually things were clearer to me and I developed some interest towards stock market. Then an IPO issue from RELIANCE house had hit the market. It was IPO issue of RPPL and RPEL. At Rajiv Chowk, I saw a big line (really big) at Bank of Baroda building. I knew from them it was for that IPO issue. I came to my room and talked these things to my fellow roommates. They said it was a good issue but unfortunately, they don't have any money. So they encouraged me to go for this issue.

At that moment, I've 1500/- rupees as surplus money. So I decided to apply for it. These issues were par issues and you have to pay 250/- as application money, 250/- as allotment money (in case of allotment) and the rest 500/- as final call. I applied for 500 shares, four in the name of my friends and one in the name of mine. These issue were
oversubscribed by more than 100 times.Fortunately, I got four allotments in the name of my friends but there was no allotment in my name. The entire allotment process took more than two and half months.Finally I paid 1000/- rupees as allotment money. These four allotment had suddenly brought me into limelight in my friend's circle. Wherever I
went, everybody was asking me for some kind of treat as if I was a millionaire. In fact, I threw some parties to my friends. Everybody said you will get astronomical amount on listing. At those times listing occured approximately after six months.

I remembered my feelings in the previous night. I was completely restless. Now the D'day had come. Lol, the listing price was 20/- per share. Now all my friends who were talking about astronomical listing had got vanished. My room-mates advised me to transfered these shares into my name and keep them for future as there was no harm in
keeping these shares because they belonged to a good industrial house. So I applied for transfer to my name. Fortunately, the company did not ask for the final call. In between, almost six to seven months had been elapsed and the price of both the companies had come down to 8/- rupees. Suddenly, I heard some rumours regarding some development in Reliance and the prices of RPPL & RPEL started climbing. Within one month it touched around 135/- per share. I couldnot believe in my eyes and sold all these shares to a broker for 50000/-. He even did not hear any words from me and gave 50000/- rupees as cash. Since I had never seen that amount in that time, so I did not ask a single question to him. After sometime, I came to know that the price of these two companies will touch 200/- ruppees in near future. In fact, the news behind the price spiral was their merger with Reliance. At the time of merger, their price was around 130/- per share and they never crossed 150/- mark. Anyway, I've pocketed 50000/-
ruppees within one year by investing just 2000/- rupees.

Now please wait for the story of my next journey.
With Best Wishes

Till then

Good Buy