Free data from NSENOW to AmiBroker via Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi sansarva ji,
There is no problem with Nse now RT2.1 xls, the charts are quite ok after 1pm too. Problem is with NowBackfill.xlsm, after backfill the previos days data(which i dont have by NsenowRT ) is shown only till 12:59pm.When i check in quote editor window in Amibroker it is shown 1:00AM, 1:01AM, 1:02AM ......3:29AM,3:30AM after 12:59PM.
And I have changed my computer time setting as you suggested but same problem even now.
Sir i think problem is in the data which Ami imports from NowBackfill csv file.In that file after splitting date and time in separate columns the time format is 12 hour.

Thankyou so much Josh1 for the great and useful software,

I downloaded the software and am using it suuccfully after intial glitches

I am also using backfill and added few more scrips in the NOW Excel sheet

I am using Windows 7 OS

I had to change following things to run it succeefuly

1. Change date format to DMY from MYD in NSENOW2 format file
2. Shift Amibroker installation from D drive to C drive

Thanks again,
ramlaa

Last edited:

sr114

Hi sansarva ji,
There is no problem with Nse now RT2.1 xls, the charts are quite ok after 1pm too. Problem is with NowBackfill.xlsm, after backfill the previos days data(which i dont have by NsenowRT ) is shown only till 12:59pm.When i check in quote editor window in Amibroker it is shown 1:00AM, 1:01AM, 1:02AM ......3:29AM,3:30AM after 12:59PM.
And I have changed my computer time setting as you suggested but same problem even now.
Sir i think problem is in the data which Ami imports from NowBackfill csv file.In that file after splitting date and time in separate columns the time format is 12 hour.
Reenumlk

do according the picture for time format changing.
1. select time column
2. right click
3. go to format cells, then to time , then to time format

ur problem will be solved

regards
sr114

Reenumlk

do according the picture for time format changing.
1. select time column
2. right click
3. go to format cells, then to time , then to time format

ur problem will be solved

regards
sr114
Thank you sir for your help, but it only works when we import data manually by import wizard feature.If we try to backfill by NowBackfill sheet same problem occurs.May be it because of internal coding of time format in that sheet which change the setting we made every time whenever we use it for backfill.

sr114

Reenumlk

then u have to find the code in backfill xlm file and chanege to the required format i.e., HH.MM.SS and save it. then it will automatically backfill

regards
sr114

josh1

It seems that this utility has matured enough. We are able to fetch data from NOW, Nest, ODIN to AmiBroker and Fcharts. TradeTiger has a facility "Snap to Excel" just like ODIN that will ebable to fetch data to Excel and to AmiBroker.
I have been able to fetch Yahoo and Google feed also. Both are working smoothly.
I have figured out that if this application is translated in OpenOffice Starbasic, Google feed can be saved in a text file and pulled in to QTstalker so that we can use it in Linux.
I therefore intend to start a new thread with suitable Subject/Heading.

sr114

Josh1

so we be able to port our system to linux variation (Ubuntu and Open Office) like stuff.
also make it an integrated 1, where we only have to choose the trading platform and rest will be reflected in amibroker.

thanks a lot buddy

sr

josh1

Yes sir but i dont know how to find code and change it ? :confused:
If you can please help.
Thanks
Open Visual Basic from Developer Tab. Go to Module1. Find subroutine GenerateCSV(). Find the line below-
Selection.NumberFormat = "[$-F400]h:mm:ss AM/PM"
Change the number format to "HH:MM:SS:" and see if it works. I do not know why Excel behaves in different ways. The above format is working smoothly in my system.

sr114

Josh1

actually the date part sucks in backfilling. trying to backfill in the evening - tried twice but was struck in the middle. then reverted to my semi automatic backfilling which i do in 1 min.

so no question of backfilling headache with nowbackfill.xls

sr

Status
Not open for further replies.