Free data from NSENOW to AmiBroker via Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. About 15 days backfill is available from NestPlus. NestPlus comes free with NOW software. You can do backfill with NOWBackfill.xlsm attached along with NSE-NOW-RT2.1.
i tried to backfill with the same way as u mentioned..bt backfill nt happening...i followed every step it happened exactly as u mentioned in the instruction slip...bt backfill nt happening...as soon as i backfill the msg comes data imported and bt when i see in amibroker..the data is nt there...

thanx in advance

Last edited:
Mr Josh1, thanks 4 a gr8 utility. I could get Rt quotes to AB but hving some probs with backfill. my Db location is - C:\AmiBroker 5290_DB\NowRTData and the last part of the code in NowBackfil.xlsm -Module1 is -

Sub InitialiseABK()
Set ABK = CreateObject("Broker.Application")
ABK.Visible = True
ABKPath = ABK.DatabasePath
DBPath = Workbooks("NowBackfil.xlsm").Sheets("Masters").Cells(1, 3).Value
If ABKPath <> DBPath Then
ABK.LoadDatabase (DBPath)
End If
End Sub
is this ok? Can u pls help me..Thanks

Thanks for the wonderful utility, works excellently fine including backfill.

for those having problems, please check these thing first,

1. If you are using windows you have to start NOW as administrator, this will solve your data streaming to excel (provided your broker has enabled the rt function)

2. As for backfill, check the date format in he data table of nest, if it is dd-mm-yyyy then you have to have the same format done in your system Control panel, clock laguage region, change the date time number format,.

3. Then the same format that is if dd-mm-yy then in your nest format file and in NSEMOW2 farmat file the string should be Date_DMY.

4. finaly check the macro, for backfill, there also the date format should reflect the same,

regards

Thanks for the wonderful utility, works excellently fine including backfill.

for those having problems, please check these thing first,

1. If you are using windows you have to start NOW as administrator, this will solve your data streaming to excel (provided your broker has enabled the rt function)

2. As for backfill, check the date format in he data table of nest, if it is dd-mm-yyyy then you have to have the same format done in your system Control panel, clock laguage region, change the date time number format,.

3. Then the same format that is if dd-mm-yy then in your nest format file and in NSEMOW2 farmat file the string should be Date_DMY.

4. finaly check the macro, for backfill, there also the date format should reflect the same,

regards
backfill somehow working fine bt its very weird..like its giving data for last few days bt nt all data its importing as much as i am copying from nest to nowbackfill.xlms..assistance will be appreciated..
thanx in advance

josh1

Mr Josh1, thanks 4 a gr8 utility. I could get Rt quotes to AB but hving some probs with backfill. my Db location is - C:\AmiBroker 5290_DB\NowRTData and the last part of the code in NowBackfil.xlsm -Module1 is -

Sub InitialiseABK()
Set ABK = CreateObject("Broker.Application")
ABK.Visible = True
ABKPath = ABK.DatabasePath
DBPath = Workbooks("NowBackfil.xlsm").Sheets("Masters").Cells(1, 3).Value
If ABKPath <> DBPath Then
ABK.LoadDatabase (DBPath)
End If
End Sub
is this ok? Can u pls help me..Thanks

Khokan,
There is no need tinker with the code. Just click on "Masters" Sheet and replace the database path with - C:\AmiBroker 5290_DB\NowRTData. For backfill you have to copy data in Sheet1.

backfill somehow working fine bt its very weird..like its giving data for last few days bt nt all data its importing as much as i am copying from nest to nowbackfill.xlms..assistance will be appreciated..
thanx in advance
open the backfill.csv 9 in c drive) file with note pad and see whether the date and and time has been separated and is in two columns. check especially for date later than 11may because if the format is mismatch then you will not get error in date below 12.05.20012, it is only from 14. 05. 212 the problem starts. this is why some data get imported others don't.

another trick, when you paste the data in backfill.xlms file , the column containing date and time , please widen it to show the data then check if it is left aligned or right aligned.

It should be right aligned which ensures that excel has regognised the data as number, otherwise it is recognized as test and spliting will not occur

Mr Josh1, Thanks 4 yr reply. I did follow all yr instructions regarding BF, however since y'day I could only get Bf upto 11/05/2012, the start date data was ok. I created new BD's but no luck. The excel file is importing all data but once I click back-fill only data upto 11/05/2012 is imported into AB. My AB DB has tick as base interval and 500000 bars. Can u pls help me out. Thanks

Mr Josh1, Thanks 4 yr reply. I did follow all yr instructions regarding BF, however since y'day I could only get Bf upto 11/05/2012, the start date data was ok. I created new BD's but no luck. The excel file is importing all data but once I click back-fill only data upto 11/05/2012 is imported into AB. My AB DB has tick as base interval and 500000 bars. Can u pls help me out. Thanks
This is because the next date 14/ 05/2012 ( 12 and 13 holiday) is not being read because system date for is mm/dd/yyyy, on 11 may ab thinks 11 is nov but 14 it does not have a month ( dec is 12 there is no month for 14 )

what you have to do is change your computer system date to dd/mm/yyyy

then change the date format in nest and nowrt format file you have placed in the format folder in ambibroker file.

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.