Diary For Discipline....

Today started with a small profit trade in NF. Then again took an entry in TS which was not at trade area, then a revenge trade. And while giving an SL-M order for this second TS trade, net got disconnected and didnt realise that. After logging in after 2-3 minutes, no order was there so thought the earlier SL order is hit. Then looked at F11 window after some time, and there was TS in huge loss because the SL-M was also executed. So hurriedly squared it off at 4.5% loss.
Then close the terminal, had lunch, and came back after some time. Didnt have the courage to trade after such a big loss. Warned myself to trade only at the trade area if a good set up is there. Then NF gave a good set up at a trade area, made 54 points in that and recovered almost all the earlier TS loss.
Not posting TS trade as there is nothing new to learn from that mistake that i already dont know -- Dont trade anywhere away from the trade area !!!

If hadnt to leave, would have covered almost the entire 5.5% loss.

Note: Here the entry was early. Should have waited for at least 2 more candles.

Net equity down by 2%

Last edited:

It hit me today that having a system and implementing it are as different as North pole and South pole!!!
Even though I had read a lot about psychology and discipline, only today i understood what it means .... So now that I have some idea about my system, I have realised that I also need to learn how to implement it.
Coz what happened today was missed the first long above 9.23 candle at 496, and then went on taking trades in that frustration. Even though i got first entry @497 which was close to my first level 496, even that didnt help to keep my psychology in place.
So, again, I also need to learn how to implement the system properly. As although I have decided that i wont chase entry beyond my initial entry level, thats what i did the entire day. Was only confident about the trade number 6, which worked well.

Net Equity Down by 5.7%

Last edited: