Confused - Sharekhan vs Icicidirect vs Hdfc vs Kotak vs Indiabulls vs 5paise

which online broker u prefer and why - chose one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lazytrader

hey all,
well am about to start trading in nifty futures and will be following Pride's intraday strategy for trading.
I am going to open my a/c with Indiabulls. They are charging .03% for futures.
I have few questions regarding their trading platform.
1)can i plot intraday chart of any time frame?
As mentioned in the strategy by Pride, we need 5 min and 30 min charts so can i get both charts in PIB.
2)can i plot more than one technical indicator on the chart?
i need to plot Stochastics, as well as 5 period and 13 period EMA. so can i plot all these indicators at once in PIB or not.
3)can i open 2 charts of different time frames for the same scrip or not?
for instance can i open 5 min and 30 min chart of nifty at the same time or not.

So please help and try to resolve my queries. Sorry if the questions are too numb as am a new student of market.

Thanks a lot to all in advance.

P.S.:If I have posted my query at the wrong place then tell me I will move it from here to other appropriate section.
I think it would be better you paper trade it first and then start real trading. One should never jump to futures when starting to trade. Futures is risky.

Hi,
nice to know that you are just to begin trading. but before you begin, it is better you start with cash stocks than futures.
I think it would be better you paper trade it first and then start real trading. One should never jump to futures when starting to trade. Futures is risky.
I have backtested the method and will surely paper trade for around a month before putting in hard cash, and in the meanwhile will get acquainted with the system as well, that's why i put up those queries above...

PIB doesn't support that.
only 1 chart/scrip
Thanks a lot for replying so quickly...
looking for answers to other questions...

GB!

Hi gvnarendra :)

Thanks once again for ur detailed and prompt reply... :p

Finally i have decided:

choice no. 1 indiabulls
choice no. 2 sharekhan

The only reason for going for indiabulls is that i think i will be able to use their powersoftware (which involves ONE time payment only) which i believe has a very good interface and is able to provide realtime live streaming quotes and orders hopefully can be executed without any delay....(Plz confirm am i right when i write this statement and am i realistic in my expectations about their powersoftware)

The second choice seems to be sharekhan since i have to pay only rs 750 initially which is fully adjustable againts brokerage within 3 months...but then to utilize benefit of speedtrade or speedtrade plus; minimum turnover requirements are there and i cannot commit that; and i dont want to go for classic basic account where i believe speed may be comprmised.
(correct me again if i am wrong)

ICICI direct ruled out due to so much bad public reputation.....

5paise also ruled out as it involves a minimum fixed RECURRING monthly commitment of rs800....

So finally before i exercise my choice i would like that if anyone wishes to add their final comments, opinions, suggestions, etc...please do so.........................................

Thank u very very much.............................

Sunando
----------------------------
U can always email me at [email protected] (i love emails) :D

Sharekhan has lot of bugs in their technical environment where as IndiaBulls doesn't have any.

http://www.consumercomplaints.in/?search=sharekhan

Friends,
After reading several posts in this forum/site, I wanted to open an account with Sharekhan. So, I filled their enquiry form. Promptly I got a call from them within 2 days and I was in a meeting so asked them call back.
They did after one week. Good follow-up.

Then they started explaining the deails/procedures about thier services and offers. OK the gist is the best offer of their charges is .06 for intra-day and .10 for delivery. I said it is really very high and am looking between .02 and less for intra-day (for apprx 50l to 1c t/o). The guy laughed at me and rudely put off the phone.

Well are there any nice customer service/BD avaialble in with the brokers???

How do they do business with these kind of people or I have serious doubts that they have same paid people here who does good PR here.
rgds/Surya

OF ALL (ICICI / SBISEC / INDIABULLS / SHAREKHAN I FIND ANGEL IS BETTER . EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE. FOR MARGIN TRADING THE TOTAL CHARGES (INCL. OF BROKERAGE, STT, ST, STAMO DUTY + etc etc) IT IS ONLY 5 PASIE FOR EVERY Rs 100 /- YOU TRADE. U CAN DO BOTH ONLINE AND OFFLINE TOO.

surya_sun,

Try Angel Broking or Ventura Securities. You will get a brokerage of 0.01 to 0.015 % for intraday. Ventura will charge oneside only if same day square up.
Even india bulls charges maximum of 0.02% both legs.

Regards

Saji

lazytrader

Friends,
After reading several posts in this forum/site, I wanted to open an account with Sharekhan. So, I filled their enquiry form. Promptly I got a call from them within 2 days and I was in a meeting so asked them call back.
They did after one week. Good follow-up.

Then they started explaining the deails/procedures about thier services and offers. OK the gist is the best offer of their charges is .06 for intra-day and .10 for delivery. I said it is really very high and am looking between .02 and less for intra-day (for apprx 50l to 1c t/o). The guy laughed at me and rudely put off the phone.

Well are there any nice customer service/BD avaialble in with the brokers???

How do they do business with these kind of people or I have serious doubts that they have same paid people here who does good PR here.
rgds/Surya
that's 50L to 1cr turnover/day or /month?
Try talking to some other branch.

that's 50L to 1cr turnover/day or /month?
Try talking to some other branch.
it must be per month, otherwise sharekhan guy wont hv let this heavy trading customer go away so easily and that to by laughin and banging down the phone rudely.

u shld rather specify your turn over and also tell us how much brokerage u want ?

Sameer and lazytrader,
it is on a daily basis.. my today's 1.3C.. last week my average was around 85L day.Well, I am doing oscillation trading (dont have better term for this). One of my favourite picks is Aban..
Aban has 6%++ volatility and annualised basis more than 100%..
I am looking for more such stocks.. any idea, please do gimme your inputs.
Surya

Status
Not open for further replies.