Brainstorming on trading topics

Riskyman

Bhai, why are you taking it personally?
Tell me, who in these last few days has engaged meaningfully with me on the subjects I have discussed above?
It has nothing to do with you. I am just not getting the kind of engagement that I was looking for. After trading for 27 years from 1992 onwards, frivolous chit chat becomes distracting, and you need to engage in talk that helps you improve. I am a system trader, and wanted to engage with like minded people. Did not find any such persons to engage with. Thats all.
Not a single post has someone sharing how he has 1000 or 2000 trades backtested for intraday trading.
I used to go to the BSE and talk to the people who used to come out of the ring wearing their uniforms of Blue Jobbing Jackets. They used to be wiping their sweat, and I used to hang around hearing what they used to discuss with each other. I like picking up things from mistakes people make, rather than commit them in my own account.
Thankfully, I never take things personally on the internet.
I was only trying to say that since you have 20 years of experience trading, it could seriously help people who want to engage in meaningful conversations. Every now and then there will be people like me who will come make some small talk but they will eventually know you mean business and leave you alone. You have to set the bench mark for your discussions.

Many times when you say something in an already existing thread, it tends to get lost among existing chit chat. It may take a bit of time for people to read and digest what you are saying. But, you will notice that there are many who appreciate and are willing to take part in serious conversations.

I have seen many threads here where there is only serious trading related conversations. If you want to discuss topics and want to find engagement, you have to begin engaging. Engagement is two ways. Its psychology at play.

Better way would be to start a thread on topics you want to be discussed. I'm sure many will be keen to participate. As for me, I can try very hard to keep my mouth shut :locktopic:

Riskyman

Weekends are THE time to be serious. ....... Weekends are the time to be serious.
I work the most on weekends too. But since Im working on weekends, I use this forum to lighten up myself with small talk with fellow traders. We all have own ways. No issues
Good luck!

Last edited:

mohan.sic

No use, Bro, its just a question of lack of meaningful discussions, not related to the fact if I am profitable or not. This part of my life is reflected in the way I spend my life with my family. Nothing meaningful is being discussed. Not a single mention of MAE, MFE, Drawadowns, Streaks of Wins and Losses, Money Management Methods, Trading Psychology.
I fear that if I engage in such frivolous talk, I will regress from my path. Hence the decision bhai.
I came looking for a meaningful discussion, where I can provide some inputs, and expected some inputs from others in return.
Though it is also reflecting my engagement here, I liked what you said.
raise-the-bar:up:

against_tides

Since all I can see are futile frivolous discussions, I shall refrain from posting on the forum, and go back to just silently reading posts as was the case from years
You can create a new thread and post guidelines on top...that will help keep the topic being focused on and discussed on the system strategy only..
Josh has done the same for his RTD discussion...

Bhai, why are you taking it personally?
Tell me, who in these last few days has engaged meaningfully with me on the subjects I have discussed above?
It has nothing to do with you. I am just not getting the kind of engagement that I was looking for. After trading for 27 years from 1992 onwards, frivolous chit chat becomes distracting, and you need to engage in talk that helps you improve. I am a system trader, and wanted to engage with like minded people. Did not find any such persons to engage with. Thats all.
Not a single post has someone sharing how he has 1000 or 2000 trades backtested for intraday trading.
I used to go to the BSE and talk to the people who used to come out of the ring wearing their uniforms of Blue Jobbing Jackets. They used to be wiping their sweat, and I used to hang around hearing what they used to discuss with each other. I like picking up things from mistakes people make, rather than commit them in my own account.
Sir, it's awesome to get to know that you completed 20 years in trading and still in the game... Would you please mind sharing us how did you manage to stay consistent in your profits. Did you use any techniques or formula? Would be grateful if you share...

iwillwin

Sumo bhai, may be it's our turn to listen to you same way you use to listen outside BSE. If you are kind enough to post your thoughts every Saturday, I'm sure you will find lots of audience here. May be there are very few senior traders left here, or may be they are silent but will come out once you start discussion.

just two cents.
Sumo Bhai agree with ur point that discussion in the thread are more to pull each other legs and who is betting on what and how market is taking one after another left and right...
Give a chance to us to be serious and share ur wisdom...
Please
Sir, it's awesome to get to know that you completed 20 years in trading and still in the game... Would you please mind sharing us how did you manage to stay consistent in your profits. Did you use any techniques or formula? Would be grateful if you share...
There is no secret formula...u have to figure out what works and suits your style in my views...sumo sir can share his views