BollingerWorm !!!

Do you feel BolligerWorm better than BollingerBand?

• YES

Votes: 73 70.2%
  • NO

Votes: 31 29.8%

• Total voters

VJAY

deleted.....

Last edited:

columbus

Dear columbus,
The link going to this same post,,,,:confused:
Dear VJAY,

Actually ,my intention was to send post #20 of this thread ,where I mentioned
8 normal structures in daily trading ,generally you find.Incidentally the last
trading day structure was "W".

Moderators please help us........we r not getting mail alert of TJ which I subscribed........m regular visitor of TJ ...............

columbus

Moderators please help us........we r not getting mail alert of TJ which I subscribed........m regular visitor of TJ ...............
Hi Raj,

Even no post is added ,the thread is marked UNREAD,because a new vote
is added to the poll question ,attached to this thread.Do not be under the
impression that ALERT is not working.Anyway ,moderator is the right person
to comment on this ................

linkon7

Basically ,a chart falls in these 8 categories with minor variations in size and slopes.

Out of the 4 variations, a rising market can stop and reverse and become a type 2 from a type 1 which can reverse and become a type 3 and maybe type 4 if we have a reversal again. Only on hindsight we can know which of the type the turned out to be. But by then the opportunity is lost...

How to determine which day type we are probably developing during trading hours ?

columbus

1.Use standard Bollinger Bands ,that is,bb(s,20,2).

2.Use ema2-HIGH and ema2-LOW to outline the body of the worm.

3.If the body comes out of bands & re-enters ,then make an ENTRY.

4.The EXIT is, if body comes out the band,of the other colour.

5.In case of extreme Bullishness/extreme Bearishness another
pair is used pertaining to BB(20,1).

columbus

Out of the 4 variations, a rising market can stop and reverse and become a type 2 from a type 1 which can reverse and become a type 3 and maybe type 4 if we have a reversal again. Only on hindsight we can know which of the type the turned out to be. But by then the opportunity is lost...

How to determine which day type we are probably developing during trading hours ?
Hi linkon7,

Yes,you are correct.I liked the word "HINDSIGHT" used by you.(only possibility).
Incidentally today we have "N" structure roughly.(Rise-Fall-Rise).

That way we strive hard to develop indicators and some strategies.

linkon7

Hi linkon7,

Yes,you are correct.I liked the word "HINDSIGHT" used by you.(only possibility).
Incidentally today we have "N" structure roughly.(Rise-Fall-Rise).

That way we strive hard to develop indicators and some strategies.
I think its basically we need to find ways to classify days as trending or sideways.

sideways days... its a BB day
trending days... its moving average day...

I love your worm idea...very visual.. just one modification... shift the BB 3 bars to the right... that way we get a very visual exit also... Basic idea is that BB is designed to encompass the bars... so if we use the value of BB 3 bars before..then breakout will take place before BB gets time to adjust and as long as worm is outside the BB... its a breakout...