BollingerWorm !!!

Do you feel BolligerWorm better than BollingerBand?

• YES

Votes: 73 70.2%
  • NO

Votes: 31 29.8%

• Total voters

columbus

Hi columbus,
i am totally confuse what are discussed here ,pls advice me final paramter to set in worm
Hi nazimshda,

It is BB (20,2) with EMA2.

Hi Columbus,

What if the worm pierces the resistance multiple times? Can we use this for adding to the existing positions? I mean, the worm pierces the BB(20,2) once and comes back where we enter with say a lot. And before the worm goes anywhere else pierces bb again at a higher price... Can we add say another lot here? Sorry if this is a lame question.

columbus

I'm making it a heavy weekend, but elsewhere in this thread (post no. 25) you mentioned something about BB(20,1) being useful when ATR of 100 or more is seen.

I looked up investopedia and found that ATR = Average True Range. I am zero in technical terms and my only source of technical knowledge has been traderji. Now, does TT show ATR or is it something one needs to calculate manually in real time ? I mean how do I check out the ATR in real time?

PS : could you please look up my TT related query here (about intraday charts).
Hi timepass,

Yes ,ATR (High-Low) is very high ,you can not expect the movements
of candles from one Band to another in every 3 or 4 hour ,for that matter
in the day. That is why ,POINT.5 was introduced ,in every day's
report.

Sharekhan has introduced 2 more studies in TT-2.
1.ATR 2. CCI.

My knowledge was also NIL like you before coming to Traderji.
I improved it by interacting with many people here and like you.

Your question on TT is anwsered.

columbus

Hi Columbus,

What if the worm pierces the resistance multiple times? Can we use this for adding to the existing positions? I mean, the worm pierces the BB(20,2) once and comes back where we enter with say a lot. And before the worm goes anywhere else pierces bb again at a higher price... Can we add say another lot here? Sorry if this is a lame question.
Hi crusader,

Valid question.Here in this technique, we are concerned with envelopes.
Resistance ....EMA2H line
Support ........EMA2L line
If top band is pierced again and again EMA2h line is outside the top band.
Similarly bottom band is pierced again and again EMA2l is outside the
bottom band.
We exit only on Reversal. Reversal is signified as "V" or "Inverted V"
if you look at the body of WORM.

Hello Columbus, in bollingerworm, we are concerned with the movement of the 2 EMAs.. them entering / exiting the Bollinger bands. So, I have been thinking, why use candlesticks, why not line graph?? and then too, if possible, eliminate the price line altogether :D .. Make it much less noisy and delineates the entry / exit points better. Take a look and comment.

Yes, some where he pointed to use bars to get rid of emotions created by candlesticks. It's basically the worm not the bars/candlestick for setups.

That is what I pointed out other day in ur charts while columbus was away.

Columbus,

Some time I have noticed it takes a “U” shape (or flat)entry in to bands i.e. simply it cruses not penetrates (as it does in “V “shapes).

In such scenario how does on take entry?? and where has to be stoploss. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Columbus,

Some time I have noticed it takes a U shape (or flat)entry in to bands i.e. simply it cruses not penetrates (as it does in V shapes).
Such a formation happened between 11-15-11.30 today, I think. A definite buy signal came at 12.20.. please check and confirm.

Such a formation happened between 11-15-11.30 today, I think. A definite buy signal came at 12.20.. please check and confirm.
TP there r two issues here with me.

1)- I trade Mini NF with NS(spot) chart.
2)- My S/w includes y/day's price also it is not pure intraday as u guys follow.

So if I put charts it vl b create unnecessary noise & disturb the sanity of the thread.

So let us wait for the boss to revert.