Best Equity Mutual Funds

Re: Mutual funds General Discussions

^ none in my opinion..its better to go for an infra fund with proven track record. here are the recommended ones in order -

1. dspml t.i.g.e.r.
2. icici prudential infrastructure fund
3. uti infrastructure fund
4. tata infrastructure fund

Re: Mutual funds General Discussions

Hi,

I think you want to invest some money through SIP (sytematic investment plan) every month.

you can select few good funds depending on your risk appetite.
1) Reliance Growth Fund (Midcap Fund)
2) HDFC prudence fund (Balance Fund)
3) Magnum Taxgain Fund (Tax saving fund)
4) HDFC Top 200 Fund (Large Cap fund)

you can contact the respective AMC directly or you can take help of any AMFI certified Mutual Fund Advisor.

Regards
MFAdvisor

Last edited by a moderator:
Selecting and comparing different diversified equity funds for SIPs

Respected Members:),

I am a newbie and contemplating invesitng in Mutual Funds by way of SIPs. I intend to invest a modest amount of 3000k-4000k per month in a divesified equity fund.

However, I am not clear as to whether to invest the entire amount in one go or to spread it across two funds (Rs 2000 each). Secondly, I also would want some advice with regard to the funds I could zero in on and also the basis for comparsing different funds. Have heard a lot about the performances of Reliance Growth, DSP ML Euity and SBI Magnum Contra Fund... Any other Which one should I go for?

I know that these quesitons sound amateurish but I would humbly appreciate the opinions/suggestions of the experienced members on this key issue.

Best Regards,
Arpit

Suggest me on the funds selected

Hi...Iam going to start investing 15k .at present i think its good time to buy lumpsome.

Can anyone suggest if below selections are fine or which is good among them?

ICICI PRU infrastructure or DSP ML TIGER
(any one which one is good) ==> 5000

Reliance RSF Equity ==> 5000

Reliance Power Sector ===> 5000

Also plz suggest if I can also proceed with SIP of 1000 each in coming months once completing these 15k into them....Am I right in choosing ...as most of them are doing good now..but are not rated yet.

I also have considerations on Reliance Growth , Kotak oppurtunities for SIP.Please help !!

SUGGEST ME GOOD sip

i listed out few funds
and do some my own analysis( i am learner)
seniors are requested to comments and give valuable advice
i am planning 1000/- each sip in bolt letter funds(which i chosse for 2 yrs)
MATUAL FUNDS

1) KOTAK 30/

2) KOTAK OPPORTUNITIES

3) MAGNUM CONTRA
4) Magnum Emerging Businesses
5) Reliance Growth-G
6) Sundaram BNP Paribas Select Midcap-G
7) DSPML T.I.G.E.R. Reg-G
8) DSPML Top 100 Equity Reg-G
9) Birla Mid Cap-G
10) Birla Sun Life Equity-G
11) HDFC Growth-G
12) Standard Chartered Premier Equity-G
13) HSBC Equity-G
14) Taurus Starshare

First cut taurs due to poor amc
13 remain
Sundaram BNP Paribas Select Midcap-G, Birla Mid Cap-G, Birla Sun Life Equity-G r madcap select one------ bnp pribas select mid cap is good sundaram capex is also good
9remain
Ingnore Standard Chartered Premier Equity-G due to fund manager
8 remain
HDFC Growth-G, Reliance Growth-G, HSBC Equity-G…..reliance growth
Are large cap fund. Not aggressive
5 remain
Sbi contra is good over sbi EBF…….SBI CONTRA
3 REMAIN
DSP tiger looks good…aggressive thematic fund….DSP tiger

thank you
sanju!!

Sundaram Paribas Select Midcap and Reliance Growth are both Midcap oriented funds. I suggest you select Reliance Growth or Birla Midcap as the recent track record of Sundaram Paribas Select Midcap hasn't been too great (although its still a 5-star rated fund).

Select either HSBC Equity or Franklin India Prima Plus for the Largecap component in your portfolio. Magnum Contra and DSML TIGER are good choices. :)

PS: The fund manager of Standard Chartered Premier Equity is considered to be one of the best in the industry.

Last edited:
Actually your categorisation of funds for elimination is not correct always. But you final selection of funds are good

if i am correct u have

2 large caps

KOTAK 30
DSPML Top 100 Equity

go anywhere opportunistic or flexi

KOTAK OPPORTUNITIES

Midcap smallcap space

Reliance Growth
-
Sundaram BNP Paribas Select Midcap-G - this is is a good bet but funds recent performance after Fm left is not good...i prefer standard chartered premier or jm emerging leaders but ive less exposure compared to reliance growth as they are new funds or keep only reliance growth(eventhough swollon size....i believ on FM)

MAGNUM CONTRA

thematic -infra+econo reforms
DSPML T.I.G.E.R. Reg-G

Re: Suggest me on the funds selected

Hi...Iam going to start investing 15k .at present i think its good time to buy lumpsome.

Can anyone suggest if below selections are fine or which is good among them?

ICICI PRU infrastructure or DSP ML TIGER
(any one which one is good) ==> 5000

Reliance RSF Equity ==> 5000

Reliance Power Sector ===> 5000

Also plz suggest if I can also proceed with SIP of 1000 each in coming months once completing these 15k into them....Am I right in choosing ...as most of them are doing good now..but are not rated yet.

I also have considerations on Reliance Growth , Kotak oppurtunities for SIP.Please help !!
DSPML TIGER is the best choice among the two though the track record of ICICI Pru Infrastructure is not bad either. Reliance RSF Equity is a recent performer but you might want to wait for a year or two before jumping on to it. There are other proven diversified equity funds which can easily replace Reliance RSF Equity e.g, HSBC Equity, Birla Sun Life Equity, DSPML Equity etc.

Also, I advice against investing in a sectoral fund like Reliance Power Sector unless you are too bullish on that sector and/or have huge risk taking capability. Its better if you stick to diversified equity funds.

For SIP, both Reliance Growth and Kotak Opportunities are excellent choices. :)

Re: Selecting and comparing different diversified equity funds for SIPs

Respected Members:),

I am a newbie and contemplating invesitng in Mutual Funds by way of SIPs. I intend to invest a modest amount of 3000k-4000k per month in a divesified equity fund.

However, I am not clear as to whether to invest the entire amount in one go or to spread it across two funds (Rs 2000 each). Secondly, I also would want some advice with regard to the funds I could zero in on and also the basis for comparsing different funds. Have heard a lot about the performances of Reliance Growth, DSP ML Euity and SBI Magnum Contra Fund... Any other Which one should I go for?

I know that these quesitons sound amateurish but I would humbly appreciate the opinions/suggestions of the experienced members on this key issue.

Best Regards,
Arpit
Start investing via SIP in the following 4 funds (1000/- each)

Reliance Growth
DSP ML Equity
SBI Magnum Contra Fund
Birla Sun Life Equity

All the above mentioned funds are highly rated funds. :)

Re: Suggest me on the funds selected

Thank you Rigid for giving me good advice...

and What abt investing lumpsome ..whcih are good now for lumpsome and which are good for SIP in the 1 year horizon..?