Best Equity Mutual Funds

Re: New Investment Help

do you guys follow a LIFO (Last In First Out) method here or what? :p friend posted his query after me and got a reply before me. not that i'm complaining but i expected few of you (including Vicky78) to help me out as well.

please guys...help me finalize the portfolio. thanx. :)

Re: New Investment Help

Your fund selection is a good Rigid.

One minor alteration could be choosing one from either Kotak Oppurtunities or Reliance Growth and not having both. You could redirect this money to HDFC MIP LT Advantage which is 75% debt 25% equity fund. But if your dad wants to take higher risk, your could just go ahead with the present selection of funds.

BTW, its nothing like a last in first out method. Its just that the funds that you have mentioned have been discussed a lot in this forum. So if not this thread some other thread would have these questions answered.

Last edited:
Re: Help me also........urgently!!!

Thank u sooooo.... much Vickey 4 paying attention!
I will b gr8ful if u further elaborate

1) Is my portfolio coservative/sufficiantly aggressive?
2) Should I add one from Birla Sunlife Equity/Dsp ML Equity in it?
3) I want to invest more. In what proportion should I allocate money in existing funds. (I want to go lumpsom method for 50,000rs at hand)
4) If 2 SIPs are to be started (2000/- each) which existing funds will be your favourite.

Hope to have your views soon!
Thank u in advance.

friend

Your equity picks are good. One minor change would be merging DSP ML Tiger and Tata Infra. 2 funds are doing the same thing. So you could hhave just one

Redeem only if you need the money or if your funds are performing bad for about an year, else remain invested.

Performance wise... absolute returns both are almost the same. DSP ML Equity has a slightly higher risk adjusted return than Birla Sunlife Equity.

Portfolio wise Birla Sunlife Equity does has a comparatively large cap tilt.

Both are multicap funds, but one thing i like about DSP ML Equity is it has been consistantly above average. ITs never a top performer and never and average performer. It always maintains that above average line.

I'm a beginner.. Need some help, guys...

Hi Fellas,
I'm Ravi and a beginner for stocks & funds. I need some info regarding the equity mutual funds. I'm having a sum of 50k with me. I want to invest in equity mutual funds. Can you suggest me which fund i can invest in and should i divide it in two or more funds?

regards,
Ravi.

Re: I'm a beginner.. Need some help, guys...

H Ravi,

Welcome to the forum..

I would suggest- considering current market levels please choose an option of Mutual funds, or keep it at the top of your mind.

Thanks.

Hi Fellas,
I'm Ravi and a beginner for stocks & funds. I need some info regarding the equity mutual funds. I'm having a sum of 50k with me. I want to invest in equity mutual funds. Can you suggest me which fund i can invest in and should i divide it in two or more funds?

regards,
Ravi.

Re: SIP for 2008?

thanx Vicky78...based on your suggestion, i've made some slight adjustments to the portfolio..here's the modified portfolio

Birla Sun Life Equity-G (30K)
HDFC Prudence-G (30K)
DSPML T.I.G.E.R. Reg-G (20K)
ICICI Pru Gilt Inv-G (30K)
Kotak Opportunities-G (30K)
Magnum Contra-G (30K)
Reliance Vision-G (30K)

i've reduced exposure to the balanced fund and infra/thematic fund by 10K each. i've also reduced the allocation from birla equity by 10K. the 30K saved from these 3 funds will now be invested in a long term gilt fund for added security and maximum liquidity.

i've also changed reliance growth to reliance vision to reduce exposure to mid caps and increase investment in large caps. please let me know your opinion on this.

Re: SIP for 2008?

Cool

Happy Investing!

thanx Vicky78...based on your suggestion, i've made some slight adjustments to the portfolio..here's the modified portfolio

Birla Sun Life Equity-G (30K)
HDFC Prudence-G (30K)
DSPML T.I.G.E.R. Reg-G (20K)
ICICI Pru Gilt Inv-G (30K)
Kotak Opportunities-G (30K)
Magnum Contra-G (30K)
Reliance Vision-G (30K)

i've reduced exposure to the balanced fund and infra/thematic fund by 10K each. i've also reduced the allocation from birla equity by 10K. the 30K saved from these 3 funds will now be invested in a long term gilt fund for added security and maximum liquidity.

i've also changed reliance growth to reliance vision to reduce exposure to mid caps and increase investment in large caps. please let me know your opinion on this.